Sonic Next-Gen lands E10+ from ESRB (New Trailer)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Gamerguy, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    A new trailer for Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3/Xbox 360) reveals the ESRB's rating for Sonic's first next-gen outing: E10+, the same as Shadow the Hedgehog. The trailer features mostly CG cutscenes, all of which are impressive to say the least. But it's the gameplay that counts most, so make sure you keep the two separated before you squeal "OMG."

2. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    Looks awesome, really. Here's hoping the story is as good as the cutscenes make it look.

3. Robjoe

Robjoe

Eh, kill me if you want, but that doesn't look like anything from Sonic. I mean, it looks like an alright game, just nothing you'd see from a Sonic game.

4. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    That looked. AWESOME. I actually lol'd pretty hard at the two "stop" points (enter Sonic, and Sonic beats the last robot)

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    That fucking rocked! I want this game so bad now. ;_;

6. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Texas
    lol
    Looks like some kick-ass CGI.

Shadow had kick-ass CGI too. Huh.

7. Shade

Shade

Somehow I kinda had a hunch it would get the E10+ rating.

The CG looks a bit underwhleming to be honest. The game looks incredibly sex though.

8. Roybertito

Roybertito

^Hey, wait, didn't Simon sweep you?

Anyway.... yeah, you're right, it does look sex. Incredibly sex.

9. Vangar

Vangar

....Simons gone.

Anyways, this trailer looks great, but its not worth me buying a 360 for. I'll wait until halo 3 comes out then buy them both.

10. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    I'm getting it both for PS3 and 360 It looks fucking great!

11. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Misfit
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    ESRB is overrated, no one follows their rating system anyways(look at all the 9 yr olds who have M rated games their parents bought for them), it should be abolished.

12. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    Cutscenes are nice, but from experience the game doesn't play really great. I still hope they'll fix the controls.

13. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
  14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    Blaze has been confirmed to be in the game, but Omega? That seems a bit odd and pointless to me... Why are they still adding more characters? o_O

15. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    Maybe they finally giving him a decent story? =P

Well, maybe isn't him, but on the site, the preview image looks to be him.

16. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    I remember reading in an interview a few months back with one of the producers, where he explained that the idea WAS to originally stick only with Sonic (a la Wildfire/Secret of the Rings), but then the fanbase started asking "Where's Tails? Where's Knuckles? Where's Shadow?" and they changed the course of the game.

So I'm guessing they're just going to throw as much fancruft in as possible.

EDIT: Oh god, what is up with the Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit ripoff vocals? I do NOT approve.

17. Shade

Shade

And this is the exact same mistake they've been making since Sonic Adventure 2. Ugh.

18. Roybertito

Roybertito

Blaze? Propels my rediculous fan theory that Silver is from an alternate dimension future. HA HA.

I want to see if they slightly redisigned the other characters as they did for Sonic and Shadow...

Methinks, however, that we'll know a lot more on the 22nd.

Hey, here's one advantage about having these characters in the game: we know they're not eliminated from the possible new canon, and we know we don't have to play as them to beat the game, we just have to talk to them in the Town Stages, which is fine. It's better than being forced to play as 9 different characters to beat the game - now it's only 3.

And another GREAT thing about the new characters: Blaze's place in the game means that they're not restarting the canon, they're sticking to it. THANK GOD! Sonic's not going all Marvel Earth-616 on our asses!

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That music sucks for a Sonic game. In my oppinion.

EDIT: What I do like is that they're teaming him up with a human girl, a là Madonna+Sonic. We'll see how it works, and if they should have really done that in the first place.

20. Roybertito

Roybertito

^Indeed. That music is embarassing to listen to. Logically, shouldn't Sonic Team have got the point after seeing Sonic Rush's soundtrack being as heavily lauded as it was? The Sonic Rush soundtrack got more praise alone than Shadow the Hedgehog as a whole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.