don't click here

Sonic Music played by Orchestra?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Oerg866, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was wondering,

was something like this done already?

Super Sonic Racing would be a song that would sound brilliant IMO

2. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    http://www.protoman.com/Music/Music/Video%...ia%20Flash).php

Though the recording on all of these really doesn't do the music justice. They really should release a studio orchestra version, because what you can hear sounds pretty cool. Even so, this rendition doesn't exactly sound intricately laid out like some of the better-sounding orchestra - basically, just the original songs played with real orchestra instruments, no cool little extra background effects actually using the instruments. Still sounds kinda neat though.

EDIT: Download here. Also, this video doesn't start at the very beginning, but I found the quality to be possibly better (though the drums may be a bit overpowering). It also shows the big screen that played while the orchestra was going on. Maybe if I'm bored I'll do some "operation" on this thing in Audacity or something, not like I have anything better to do with my life.

3. Wow, that rocked awesome.

SAAYYY GAAAAAA!

4. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    Dear fucking GOD. That was epic...

5. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I was pissed that the Virgin MegaStore in Downtown Disney in Orlando, FL DIDN'T have the Video Games Live album! I think my boyfriend is getting it for me online for Christmas. I got even MORE pissed that they came to the Hard Rock Live at Universal a year ago.

6. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    Won't lie, I've been chatting with folks in my college's band/orchestra for a while about doing some kind of Sonic 2 concert, I've been working on some pretty fine-tuned stuff. Orchestral Sonic music = ohhhhhh god yes.

7. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    Almost forgot, most of Kanjika's tracks on Project Chaos (namely "The Secluded Stronghold" and "Breathtaking Vision") seem to capture the orchestra feel, if it's really worth mentioning. :\

8. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    I once orchestrated HPZ but I forgot to add drums. I still think it sounds nice though.

9. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    I used to have an MP3 recording of Video Games Live's Sonic 1 medley when they played here in 2006. I lost the MP3 though. It was on my old site for a while.

10. Thundertimi

Thundertimi

Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
    I always wanted to hear high quality version of that orchestral sonic medley.
    Those strings are too silent :psyduck:

11. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    I think I have that somewhere. Should I upload it or something?

12. I would like to see the Sonic 2 Robotnik Theme be orchestrated. My MIDI skills are improving, but it still sounds pretty unfaithful.

13. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    If I had access to an orchestra, I'd make them perform the Sonic 2 end theme for me. Add a choir and a seriously epic take on the final boss theme would be in order as well. But you know, since I'm absolutely fucking insane, I'd also request things like Rhythm and Balance (Sonic Adventure 2, White Jungle) done with tribal percussions, a string-quartet version of I Am (All of Me) and possibly even an orchestral Metallic Madness -- after all, what could generate a better Orchestra Hit than a bloody orchestra? :3

14. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Oh, please do :psyduck:

15. URL please? to feed the WayBack Machine?

16. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    don't you like the original Sweet dreams?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV34Uc3cW1w...feature=related (The original one in english, not the Sonic 2006 one)

I love it the way it is xD, orchested? I pass I think.

17. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    You know, I've always wondered what Chemical Plant would sound like in an orchestral setting.

I think the whole of S3&K would sound awesome in a similar rendition, also.

18. CloverCC

CloverCC

Every song from Sonic 3 and knuckles? I'll be honest, and I'm sure many of you have done so aswell, but when I listened to project chaos, I only gave maybe no more 17 seconds worth of listening to half the tracks, and a couple I didn't even bother with at all, either because it sounded like other remixes of that same song, or 30 seconds if I could barely pick out the resemblance to the original song (Such as the final boss track on the Hedgehog Heaven album, Where I did not even know what I was listening to until I heard the "duun duna duun duun" somewhere midway into the song), or if it was just bad. I'm just saying, I find some of the songs on s3k a bit tedious just thinking about them :p

What I would love to hear would be an orchestrated sonic 3 final Boss rendition..

the strings and the play the first 8 seconds quietly, the woodwinds and a piano play the fluttery music at around 6 seconds, ending in the sound of a huge crash which fades out into the sound of bassoons, joing in with the strings, but keeping a consistant note until the end of the 4/4 signature, then quickly following the league of the strings to complete the measure nicely. And during the repeat, the fluttery music plays again, but with no crash at the end, instead, there's complete silence. Soundless silence lasts 4 seconds the sound of a mind-blowing impact of every instrement in the room, every precussional instrument, for just one moment, for just one note or beat, at the same time, just once, are played with all the force their players could muster before each and every section of the orchestra go playing their designated sound channel. Eh, it's kind of hard to type out what's exactly in my head, but yeah, I would definatly love to hear something like that.

19. Moogle!

Moogle!

EPIC WINSAUCE. Lo-fi, but I never would have expected Sonic's Genesis tunes to translate that well to an orchestra. :D:D<3<3<3<3<3:p:p:P

EDIT: I think there are studio versions of these, becasue I know I used to have an MP3 of the Mario segement in that link.

20. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    haha, that was great, I love the SEGA at the beginning XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.