don't click here

Sonic Month 2019: Sega Multimedia Studio Sega CD Demo

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by drx, Oct 26, 2019.

1. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    Together with the fine folks of TCRF, we would like to announce Sonic Month 2019!

We were able to obtain several new prototypes for Sega Mega Drive, Sega CD and Game Gear/Master System Sonic titles. These come from multiple sources, but we decided to have some fun and released them all in one month.

They are going to fill some gaps in our collection of Sonic prototypes, as well as answer some very long-standing questions. And who knows, maybe ask more questions of their own :)

October 25

A small Sega CD surprise for TCRF’s birthday!

https://hiddenpalace.org/Sonic_Month_2019
    https://hiddenpalace.org/Sega_Multimedia_Studio:_Sega_CD_Demo_(May_29,_1992_prototype)

[​IMG]

Every day listed below, at 2PM Pacific time (9PM GMT), we will have a live stream of one or more prototypes. After each stream, we will release the ROMs.

October 26
    November 2
    November 9
    November 10
    November 16

Thank you so much to the amazing people who have donated toward this effort so far! Thank you to ashthedragon, Barbara Ash, Benjamin Branch, BMF54123, Cabel Sasser, Cody Mingus, Cooljerk, Daniel Walton, Dust hill resident, ehw, Frank Cifaldi, Franz, Fred, Friend of Sonic, Gerbilsoft, GoldS, Heran Bago, Hez, John Crane, Jonna Renee, Kat, n00neimp0rtant, Neo Geo MVS, PixoPoxo, rahanakero, RAMPKORV, Riatoju, Rick, Sara Leen, Sazpaimon, Scarred Sun, Sephys00, shoemanbundy, sonicblur, SoNick, SSUK, TailChao, Tarheeltim, Techokami, Xkeeper and. ZeaLitY for all your help and donations. ❤️

PS. Some of you might know a bit more details than posted here. Please avoid spoiling them! Let everyone have some spoiler-free fun!

2. Unlimited Trees

Unlimited Trees

we Do a Little Mischief, Mischief... Member
    When
    UNITRES, Project Time, etc.
    these protos are going to give me multiple heart attacks

its one thing yall got a sonic cd proto (best game ever made) but if yall got a sonic 1 proto i am going to officialy pass away

im both hyped and scared

3. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    I would lower your expectations... don't hype yourself too much, just enjoy whatever comes!

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Thanks a million for everything you do.

5. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Wow.

Just wow. I never thought we would see where that wacky screenshot was from. So obscure! I'm amazed you guys managed to get hold of that! Is it possible to see pics of the disc/case?

Thank you for this, I REALLY look forward to see what's next! :)

6. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    mama mia :)

7. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    Thanks so much drx. I can finally die happy. <3

8. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    Simply the best. Being blue balled over the course of a month never sounded better.

Now someone try finding the graphic of Sonic smiling that you see on the cover. Probably hiding on the disc somewhere :)

[​IMG]

9. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Wow. I've always been intrigued by that demo. To finally try it in an emulator is almost surreal. Many thanks!

10. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I see my body felt the need to be up at 2am for a reason. Gonna burn a disc and try on my Model 2 later!

11. Yuzu

Yuzu

Thanks drx and to everyone who donated to make Sonic Month possible!

This is really exciting.

12. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    You're one of my all-time favorite people DRX, thanks so much for all of this! I hope we can meet one day so I can buy you dinner or something to say thanks in face! You're a good dude, and not just because of this prototype stuff. Lots of love your way :)

13. SanicDerpy

SanicDerpy

???
    SMPS2MID & MID2SMPS Conversions and learning to draw.
    This is exciting!
    Thank you very much for finding this and making Sonic Month possible! I've seen magazine screenshots of Sonic holding that CD in the past, I originally thought that we'll never see what's beyond them.
    Keep up the good work as I can't wait to see more content! :)

14. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    <3 awesome

15. RDNexus

RDNexus

Let them come. If they prove deserving of hype or not, it'll be up to each one of us here :thumbsup:

16. Asagoth

Asagoth

Behold! The mighty, the flawless, salted cod eater Member
    Portugal
    wiki stuff... and a beer... or two... or more...
    You deserve a statue... and a street with your name... :thumbsup:

17. It's crazy seeing this demo surface after all of this time. I can't speak for others, but I had long given up on finding out where the widely-circulated image came from. It was also interesting to read up on Sega Multimedia Studio! I didn't know that Spencer Nilsen started with Sega when they opened the studio

18. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Oh my. Lots of work to do then!

19. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    You can feel the gears beginning to move. I wonder if a flock of old people will come back for this.

I can't sleep lol

20. synchronizer

synchronizer

Is there a link to the stream?