Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Omg I'm not alone lmao

Mania was incredible, but it kinda felt like people beat the game day 1 and went "now on to mania 2!!". Frankly I'd like a good break between 2d releases rather than releasing every year or 2- helps them to feel more special and exciting

2. Pengi

Pengi

It's been over 4 years now with nothing in sight, so it's a moot point. This is the longest the series has ever gone without a new 2D platformer.

3. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    It was 5 years between S4Ep2 and Mania. Did I miss one?

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah you missed All Stars Racing Transformed, which is another game sorely lacking a sequel.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    They used to shove all the 2D affairs onto handhelds, but now that those aren't really a thing like they were back in the 00s, they probably don't see the need.

Although let's be honest there's less of everything Sonic game wise these days. Sega's all but moved onto Yakuza, that's the series that shits out releases now not Sonic.

6. Pengi

Pengi

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal and Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice were released in the interim.

7. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    [​IMG]

Looks like you missed quite a few.

8. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I see my criteria of console-first, traditional 2D platformer was too narrow.

9. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Perhaps you should've, I dunno, mentioned those were your criteria? The post you responded to said this:
    I don't see the words "console-first" or "traditional" there at all.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I legit just missed that and making a joke about Sonic games we'd rather forget in that time period, being everything except Mania and ASRT. :V