don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I know exactly what this means. It means... I'm going to have to update the mod loader again... :(

2. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I hope it means I get to buy it again.

But if you google "Denuvo Plus" an article about Sonic Mania is the 5th result. + - I'm not seriously suggesting that they're adding better DRM.  

Actually, I'm really hoping that Plus is related to the last time they used Plus in a Sonic title, if you know what I mean. If they do that, it's enough to justify a physical release without angering people who already bought digital.

3. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Woah, Sonic Mania: Enhanced Edition incoming? Wouldn't be surprised if Sega have something in the pipeline. The game's super popular and selling millions.

Seriously looking forward to seeing more on this. Definitely going to keep checking this thread. Hope more news is soon.

4. Sonikko

Sonikko

Bird Member
    Italy
    This got me pretty hyped. I wonder what it means.
    Is it a DLC pack with more staegs?
    Is it a retail edition with Sonic1+2 Taxman Edition bundled together? Will it include Sonic 3?
    A man can dream.

5. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Nah, selling us Sonic 1 2 and 3&K again with Mania's dropdash, time trial mode, competition mode, etc. would be the smart thing to do.
    So there's no possible way that's what Sega is going to do.

6. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Well, the last time Sega used "Plus" in regards to Sonic was Sonic Mega Collection Plus which included more games and thus additional/more content. So that's likely what this is. Potentially the Taxman/Stealth remasters included or more content/stages included as a re-release. Sonic Mania but "Enhanced" in some way seems like a safe presumption.

It could be something as minimal as slight tweaks but the word "Plus" has me thinking it's something substantial to justify buying the game again. It's either DLC or a re-release.

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    It's just Sonic Mania + Puyo Puyo vs. Tetris

8. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    "Sonic Mania Plus Edition" featuring all missing transition-cutscenes, missing animations (the cut-Tails animation when he arrives in Chemical Plant) and the music glitches fixed (I found another in FB act 1 today).

Anything less and I will never be completely satisfied with Mania.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Just in case, please do post it... somewhere.

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

Is that true or are you just joking?

11. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    I think this is a reference to the Sonic Forces + Puyo Puyo Tetris pack.

12. synchronizer

synchronizer

Maybe it's a Sonic Mania + Sonic Forces pack.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Why call it "project plus" then?

14. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I think Rawk here, from the DK Vine forums, might just not be a fan of Classic Sonic games.

[​IMG]

Yeah, this reads like me reviewing a real-time strategy game. That said, I do think it's really interesting to see stuff like this from people who AREN'T as engrossed and familiar with these games as basically everyone here. And maybe he even makes a few good points. Why DOES Knuckles have to come to a dead stop out of a glide? I did prefer the way Chaotix let you keep up momentum.

15. Sean Evans

Sean Evans

Professional Dork Member
    Earth
    Sonic Overture, Sonic Utopia
    I always figured it was to allow for proper landing. If you pick up a bit of speed or air while gliding (like bouncing off a badnik) it'd be kind of obnoxious to land properly. I think that's also why he slide on the ground instead of just touching down normally like Tails does after flight.

16. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Now would be a good time for Whitehead to pop in with a "soon" comment or something to that tune.

Also, anyone know if the legal mess with Sonic 3 has been cleared up? I'll take the remastered Sonic 1 & 2 as mania DLC but a Christmas miracle would be nice too.

17. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    There's a thread on ResetEra for this now here. Posting this here since that's probably where more news will show up first. Hoping for a Sonic Mania: Enhanced Edition personally with more content. New stages? Restored level transitions? Sonic 3K remastered included? Who knows at this point, but would love an excuse to buy the game again.

18. Flygon

Flygon

Does S3K behave differently? If I recall correctly, Stealth disassembled Knuckle's own skillset from the S2K version of his mechanics.

19. Sean Evans

Sean Evans

Professional Dork Member
    Earth
    Sonic Overture, Sonic Utopia
    The only immediate difference I can recall is that Knuckles doesn't "land" when he hits a slope, which he does in Mania.

20. Pengi

Pengi

This is exciting! I hope it ends up being something that's, well, something. Obviously, new levels and playable characters would be the biggest add. Or the remastered 1/2/CD games. Or a remastered 3&K (unlikely).

But in terms of SMALL things I'd like to see added:

* Level transitions. (I'm sure the team is well aware that this is a popular request!)

* Special Stage mode.

* 2 Player VS aspect ratio option. (Option to have black bars on the side, rather than stretching everything.)

* 2 Player VS online mode. (Okay, this one might not be so "small".)

* Stage select in the "Blue Spheres" mode.

* Some kind of system that tracks which Special Rings you've found.

* Full sprite set for Super Sonic.

* Chemical Plant Zone boss skin for "Mean Bean" mode.

And did the bugs in the Blue Sphere bonus stages (counter error, etc) ever get fixed?

(And if the Sonic CD remaster is added, it'd be great to finally have all the different time zones available in Time Attack mode.)