don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti

So, wait, Angel Island is in the game?

2. Epicsuperleader

Epicsuperleader

it isnt a level, but its used in the opening scene.

3. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    You kinda can't have Zones from Sonic 3K without Angel Island being in the game.

4. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    I'm not bothered by the alleged Forces set-up but I hope this doesn't mean Mania was just a one-time Forces prequel, and I hope we still end up getting a Sonic Mania 2 and a Sonic Mania 3 & Knuckles. Would be such a shame if Sonic Mania was just a one-time thing to setup Sonic Team's weird game.

5. Part of me wonders if Iizuka genuinely believes there's no market for 2D Classic Sonic anymore (Which Mania has proven there is) or if he feels it's genuinely threatening to his legacy to allow some upstarts to make a game better than Sonic Team cares to make. To echo some of the sentiments in the Forces thread, the guy really does feel out of touch.

6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    PS4 Trophies are out, fair chunk of the levels (if not all) are shown in icons, and...

No Platinum...not even a gold. RIP.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6477-sonic-mania

7. I thought every PS game was required to have a Platinum trophy?

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    They don't, it's very odd. Gone Home, for example, doesn't. Walking Dead Season 1 does, but Season 2 doesn't. Meanwhile, download games that basically exist just to farm Trophies get Platinums. PlayStation is very weird about its Trophy regulations, and seems to ordain that download-only releases can't have one, but if the devs push hard enough / catch someone on the right day, it seems to happen, from stories I've been told.

Before anyone says "Who cares", it's no big deal of course. Lol. But I like getting them so it would have been nice to have more.

9. Epicsuperleader

Epicsuperleader

seemingly after beating stardust speesway with knuckles, sonic gets the peelout from cd

10. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

Yoooo that's sick.
    You sure it's not with all the characters though?

11. Epicsuperleader

Epicsuperleader

it turns out you get the peel out for one blue sphere medal, and its only for sonic, which gives me hope for cool medal unlocks edit: you can also unlock the insta-shield

12. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    [​IMG]

13. Oh my, Sonic Mania 3 & Knuckles would surely end up being the new gold standard for the following two decades.

The trophies are kind of boring though. Is that all of them? Or did they omit any hidden ones? Yes, I am holding on to the hope of unlockable Amy, my faith only got stronger after seeing the Amy Doll.

Also loving that abilities can be unlocked, that's a glorious touch Mania team.

On the topic of tying into Forces though, I don't mind it one bit. Being squarely on team Mania, and ever-so-slightly on the fence for Forces, having this tie in does give me more incentive to play Forces and see where the story goes. I don't understand the concerns toward not getting a sequel because of the tie in though. When Mania continues to sell well and amaze its players, it will surely get a sequel. Plus, if Sonic is getting flung into the Modern world of Forces at the end of Mania, then chances are at the conclusion of Forces he'll be sent back to set things right. Right?

14. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    KNOCK KNOCK

[​IMG]

15. The Pre-Order trailer was foreshadowing this?

16. Felik

Felik

Where can I find a video of the infamous CPZ boss?

17. it's not uploaded yet.

18. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti

Did anyone find out why the Switch users got their copies early? Or are they alleged review copies?

19. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Some stores broke street date and sold the Nintendo Switch version of the Sonic Mania Collector's edition earlier than they were supposed to. Nintendo's e-shop didn't have a restriction put on the digital codes for the game, so when Switch owners with a code redeemed it, there was a loophole and it downloaded fine with no problem. Reason for the leaks.

Basically some retail stores and Nintendo dun goofed.

20. Stimil Rc.

Stimil Rc.

This makes me extremely happy. I just hope I'm not forced to + - pick between the Drop Dash and Insta Shield   .

Man... The more I learn, the harder it is to resist pre-ordering the game on Steam.