don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. My order status for the PC version collector's edition also hasn't been updated-I'm a bit scared it won't come on launch day. I'm really hoping it does.
    [​IMG]

2. Snap, same here. I pre-ordered the Xbox One CE but haven't heard a thing about it from Amazon. I also pre-ordered the digital version from the Xbox Store (so I knew I would be able to start playing as soon as it was available) and Microsoft took the payment for it last night. With all these rumours circulating about a physical version of the game, I am wondering if it may be a reality and is being bundled with the CE which might create a bit of a delay? I mean, I can dream, right? :v:

3. Thanks, but as much as I like HORI, this is not what I'm looking for. No matter how good a controller feels and reacts, there's little idiosyncrasies that a 3rd party controller can't emulate when it comes to an actual Saturn controller.

Cool controller though. :)

4. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I'm moving cross state to a new apartment the day before Mania comes out, so not sure how much time I'll have to play it on actual launch day, but I intend to dedicate a good amount of time on either the 15th, 16th or 17th to it since I'll have some down time before work restarts for me on the 21st.

5. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    I took off work on the 15th just to play this game on release day lmao

Ok, I'm actually taking most of the week off with vacation days.

6. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    I swear to god I'm going to punch someone if I see another "HEY DON'T LEAK SONIC MANIA :'(" tweet on my timeline

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    hahahahahahaah

For what it's worth, I've apparently been told by a close IRL friend that the belated birthday present I asked for months ago (Bomberman on Switch) has been changed by him to be Mania, so I might well end up getting it even without asking for the thing. Still won't have paid for a DRM'd product. =P

8. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Seems my order never went through in the first place, so it looks like I'm just not getting the Collector's Edition. :specialed:

Good thing I preordered on Steam already. Hearing that PS4 users might be getting it 12 hours earlier, so I might as well get it on that, since I was already expecting to double dip.

9. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    In terms of controllers I'd recommend this one:

[​IMG]

Super cheap, widely available and sturdy and well-built. Tested it recently with both Sonic Axiom and Sonic Time Twisted and it's fucking awesome for Sonic games. Excellent D-pad and you can just map all the face buttons to "Jump". Probably not as awesome as an SLS Saturn pad or Genesis controller but a decent alternative.

Recently said I'm out of this thread but oh look I'm back, lol. The temptation to keep participating in the hype and discussion is too compelling. We all should be cautious because you just know there's going to be an imminent 4chan leak that's going to list all the levels and spoil all the surprises. Evading leaks is going to be difficult.

Hope reviews start coming out soon. Super interested to see the scores and see how Mania fares critically.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    12 hours earlier huh? So when would that be exactly?

11. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Man, I pre-ordered back in September when it first came out, and amazon is telling me I'm getting it on the 17th, which is kind of ridiculous since I have prime.

12. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I think we should make a concerted effort to find out the unlock times on all platforms. I've been searching around trying to find out the unlock time on Steam and have read everything from "midnight" to "6pm UK time" with the consensus ultimately being that there isn't a definite time and all games unlock "whenever" dependent upon the game.

13. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I agree. I pre-ordered my CE in September (the 13th, the day it was announced, I believe) and I still don't have a shipping confirmation. I would get it on Steam technically a second time and just gift one of them to a friend, but I figure I may as well get it on different consoles (plus I haven't decided if I want the box to be in my college dorm room for an indeterminate amount of time so I may ship it home), so I would really like to know what time the Switch version releases. I have a very limited amount of time that week and would like to play it in the two hour window I have that day to play it (4:00-6:00 PM EST).

14. If you ordered it before Amazon flagged it with release date delivery, it doesn't update after the fact. Go into your order as if you were going to change the shipping speed but just check 2-day/release date and update. That should fix it. If it doesn't... I don't know what to tell ya. It's worked for me in the past.

15. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    I did this trick and:
    [​IMG]

HELL FUCKING YES!!! (This is seriously how it should be, shipping the day before release)

16. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

That... did not help me. All it did was set it back further by a day. Now I'm getting it on the 17th.

17. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

I'm guessing this has to do entirely with where you are located? I live in a large city with several Amazon warehouses, and past experience has shown me that items shipping from said warehouses arrive at my door stupidly fast.

18. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

I've got a few near me. The amount of things that show up with free same-day shipping is crazy.

Guess I'll just preorder on Steam too. I was planning on getting both versions anyway.

That way I can 100% it with every character twice! :v:

19. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Haaaaa. I just got off on amazon's chat support with the guy and he was actually really helpful. He said he cleared it up and even gave me 1 day shipping at no additional charge and that it will get here on the 15th. The order says it gets here on the 16th. Because I checked AFTER I got done chatting with the guy. I don't understand amazon. I have warehouses in my state and I've never had this problem before. It's actually really frustrating.

20. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah I think it's quite important we all know so we can derive the time in which we can play the game around August 15 on all platforms with Steam being the most important one since it's the most common. I've asked on NeoGAF in the most recent Sonic Mania thread so I'll report back here if I hear anything definitive.

Is there any way we can discern the release time from the countdown timer on Steam? The one that says "this game unlocks in 7 days"?