don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Thanks man. Looking forward to the potential news tomorrow! So 7.30pm to 8.30pm Saturday Pacific time converts to 3.30am to 4.40am Sunday BST (time in the UK).

I'll probably be asleep but excited to check out the news when I wake up Sunday.

2. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Correct, I've played a lot of high-speed PPT and had no trouble with the Pro dpad, and mine is a launch day Pro controller. It's definitely some kind of manufacturing variable.

3. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    [​IMG]
    Got my pre-order in this morning, now to wait 23 days to play it. As for controller talk, I'll most likely be using the Vita d-pad as I do most of my PS4 gaming via Remote Play.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    >tfw people who ordered the PS4 collector's edition get no themes and avatars

5. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Man, I really wanted to pre-order the hell out of this on Steam (haven't pre-ordered yet!) just to show my support to Taxman/Stealth but my money's so low at the moment it's just not possible. Hoping to have a substantial amount of money coming in over the next few weeks and when it arrives pre-ordering Sonic Mania and posting my pre-order screenshot here is first priority. I think pre-orders are important to send a signal to Sega that this is the shit that we want and hopefully ensure a Sonic Mania 2 - or even a series.

Just three weeks away now and we have that panel Sunday morning (UK time). Hope we get some exciting news.

6. Flygon

Flygon

Bad news, EB Games Australia Corporate has made it official that no physical Switch release.

At least the residual money that had accumulated has gone towards completely paying off the SNES Mini and AtGames HDMI Mega Drive.

Thanks. :v:

7. OK, I've just noticed something cool just today, and I think that wasn't posted here yet.

In one of the IGN videos, they've shown the character select screen from the E3 beta. Probably this will be scrapped from the final game because I think Mania team will come with something even better, but it's pretty cool to see that their faces are a pixel-art version of the box art.

[​IMG]

8. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Just a reminder to everyone. The Sonic Mania OST pre-orders are now live. This also includes the limited edition which is only available until Monday at 12 BST.
    https://data-discs.com/products/sonic-mania

I just ordered two copies, one for me and the other for my dad who's been an avid record collector since the 70's and the man who got me in to Sonic in the mid 90''s.

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Fucking Christ, there are three different versions of that vinyl. Wiki am cry.

10. Felik

Felik

That actually is really sweet

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

They're all the same where it counts. Standard editions in black and translucent blue, or limited edition (only available this weekend) in Mania-themed paint-splatter. The contents of the LP are identical. Even the prices are the same. I've gone ahead and purchased all three because fuck yeah Sonic Mania.

12. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Would prefer the OST on audio CD to be honest. Vinyl's not really my thing - but cool they're supporting the game like this.

Just three weeks away. Not long!

13. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I got the blue one as I don't really like the style of the limited edition. Always nice that every edition is the same price though.

14. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    How do you know?

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I can't not be satisfied with this, personally. I have no way of playing vinyls and I'm not about to go and buy a player either. But this is awesome.

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I don't think you get my point. Unless you are going to make scans of all three for the wiki that is.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

No no, I got what you were saying. I was just reiterating that they're all the same on the inside, so there won't be any worries about getting the right info.

Though that said, seeing as I am getting all three versions, I guess that I could provide scans for the Wiki. It'd be my first proper contribution. Have we got any scanning guidelines? I'll be happy to give it a go. It's about time I started being a bit more pro-active.

18. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Will the lossless soundtrack be 16-bit or 24-bit depth?

19. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Only 16 tracks? There's a bunch that's missing here then as this is only showcasing 8 zones.

20. https://twitter.com/datadiscs/status/887736796779622403 I did some digging and found out the Vinyl is not in fact a full OST release. I was worried too, for a moment. At least that much is certain.