don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I remember that someone mentioned it briefly before. IIRC it's part of the level, not a boss.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I hope they put Scratch into the game, since we actually got Grounder as a debug easter egg in the Sonic 2 remake. =P

By the way, loving that Boss music and the new poster. They really nailed Tails' face in this one! (I mean, it looks a bit off in the "cover" at the Steam page, for example)

3. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Is that the Oshima artwork they teased about earlier? It looks really similar to his art from that time period.

4. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    I was going to ask this, but... yes!!! I mean, the Drop Dash would make that pointless for Sonic.

5. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    At this point I might still skim this thread, but I'm not going to be watching any more videos or trailers till after release. One thing I do hope is that the competitive multiplayer allows for full game races, either segmented (Like how Sonic 2 scores each act) or in real time, though I'm just wondering if it would be possible to have split screen with each player potentially being in a different level or act.

6. LowSeasCaroz

LowSeasCaroz

Hessia, Germany
    Desperately trying to make a Turrican clone
    Look who's with the Sonic Mania team at E3....

[​IMG]

Ohshima!

7. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Here's some good GH act2 footage. We finally get to hear a clean version of act2's remix which plays nearly all the way through. Also, we see some routes which haven't been shown yet. Makes me appreciate how good the level design is in act2.

Something unusual is that after a while the player comes up to an unavoidable death-pit against the boss (3:58). The player does takes a long time trying to beat Eggman. I would have thought the level layout would keep repeating itself (looping after a while) until Eggman is defeated. To add an unavoidable death-pit which effectively gives a time-limit to beat the first boss in the game seems harsh!

Also, this is new Mania art:
    https://twitter.com/RubyEclipse/status/874699926592081920

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Edit: Ninja'd^. Here's if you want see Mirage Saloon though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMVoYaZI2ws

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I couldn't clean that up though. The phase between left and right keeps changing and that made it impossible to invert the isolated SFX sounds.

10. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

OMG, I hear "whooo's" and did I hear a "C'mon" or was that my inagination in the boss music. At the same time, WTF is up with that bitchy gap and cheap death at the end of the boss?????? The player wanted us to enjoy the scenery and the music :v:

11. synchronizer

synchronizer

Maybe that cheap death was the result of a (hopefully fixed) bug.

12. Tribeam

Tribeam

I code Lua and Lua accessories Member
    Loving everything I've seen so far, my only question about this boss(well, any results moment really), when boss is finished, and creates the death pit below him, if the player stands right next to this pit, will his victory jump plung him into the abyss? and if so will that count as a death?

13. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    It looks like you're supposed to jump down onto more land after the camera pans, but he kills the boss before the pan.

14. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member

Act 1 of Chemical Plant zone, water section included!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Felik

Felik

OK. why does Sonic uncurl when he hits a spring?

Also out of all remastered levels CP1 looks like the most tame one. No extra gimmicks, no extra badniks. Just a mix of original act 1 and 2.

16. synchronizer

synchronizer

Sonic has always uncurled upon hitting a spring in the originals...I think.

17. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Anyone else notice how Tails drowned in the rising pit of doom and did a full vertical wrap around still in the death animation? Also never respawned after that.

18. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Yep, the difference being he always used a static frame, now he uses the SCD animation.

Also, I'm quite disappointed they didn't make the yellow buildings scroll separately from the red buildings.

19. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

Did you not see the CPZ Act 2 video yet? That act is radically different. Just like GHZ 2.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    At 35 seconds, why is Sonic standing on those metal blocks? Aren't those background elements?

And lol Tails dying. He kept looping vertically through the level.