don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    You know what that reminds me of now that I think about it?

[​IMG]

:v:

2. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Oh man that looks beautiful. Gives me Chaos Angel vibes too.

Those gold elements to the left of Sonic lead me to believe this might be the zone teased by the close up shot we got at SxSW this year.

3. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Is this possibly the same zone from the teaser shot from March? Can we do a side by side comparison? It may be different as there was a Cog in the other one. This is really neat and that detail is absolutely breath taking!

On a side note, I re-created Green Hill Act 2 with the best accordion part yet! I'd say it's about 90%, but considering the commentary over the music, I say it's the closest we get until the real thing is released. The only thing I purposely left out is the "hoot" percussion effect as I either don't have it, didn't search hard enough to find it, nor download a soundfont pack just for it. Tee Lopes is a musical ingenious and I learned even much more so in trying to mimic the depth of his composition.

[media]https://youtu.be/yaJya-xgklo[/media]

4. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tried to remove the blueish fade to see how the colours might be in the actual thing.
    Certainly didn't make it any clearer.

5. Flygon

Flygon

What I find kind of amusing is, with the graininess, the lighting overlaid, and the flat perspective art style? The attempts to make the image more visible end up making it look like a still from The Thief and the Cobbler.

I'm kind of worried that, when I see the artwork ingame, I might be underwhelmed. But I do doubt I will be. :v:

6. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    [​IMG]

Here's a further guess at what it might look like in-game, based upon how vibrant all of the colours used are in the currently shown-off stages. I keep on hemming and hawing at that green, but I figure posting this is worthwhile for visualising exactly what's coming.

7. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Looking at that concept, we're either at a completely new zone or a heavily altered Hydrocity, in any case, I doubt we'd have twice the same kind of stage so we can probably consider Hydrocity off the remaining potential candidates as of now.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I don't think that looks like an aquatic level...

9. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Well, by the look, it has to be Neo Egg Garden, I'd say.

10. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

If this was concept art of Neo Egg Garden, I think it'd have an Eggman statue in it.

Don't get me wrong, I really really want this to be Egg Garden, but I also want to be realistic.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I mean if it's a cropped game screenshot then there could still be an Eggman statue somewhere. Not every screen would have Eggman statues

12. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

I don't think it's a cropped game screenshot. Wouldn't Sonic be a bit bigger than he is in the picture if that were the case?

13. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    It somehow reminds me of Sleeping Egg Zone (Sonic Chaos) with a pinch of Aqua Lake Zone (Sonic 2), I think it clearly has a strong 8-bit feel (jubbalub's guess isn't that off, either), so I'll just keep my fingers crossed even if they said "no 8-bit". If ICEknight is right and that's indeed a Train Station Zone I can only hope it will lead to the train from Sunset Park Zone, too. In that case, even if I hate Steam with all of myself, I might even consider installing it.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Or maybe there's some developer mode where they can disable the HUD and that's the start of the level. Well either way, concept art or screenshot it's a pretty good indication that it's some level in the game.

15. Felik

Felik

So much for possibility of Hydrocity being one of the reimagined levels :v:
    Not that this new zone sorts it out completely but stylistically these two are pretty similar-looking.

16. XCubed

XCubed

I mean, I wouldn't necessarily count out that this isn't related to Hydrocity.

[​IMG]

17. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    No, it's too far from the original design and colors, it can't be Hydrocity, even "remastered"...

18. Oh man that looks awesome!! Now I don't want to see anymore till release!

That one blurry but mysterious screen is all I need

19. XCubed

XCubed

Could be Act 2, but no point in arguing about it. Speculation is just that, speculation until we see the real thing.

20. Oh man that looks awesome! Now I don't want to see anymore till release!

That one blurry yet mysterious screen is all I need