don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    What is this blasphemy

What we need is MORE frames

INJECT THEM DIRECTLY INTO MY VEINS

2. What? https://mobile.twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/791384002280108033

So, I guess they will be character's rival?

Like...

Sonic = Fang
    Tails = Bean
    Knuckles = Bark.

Maybe? If so, it'd awesome.

3. MastaSys

MastaSys

The same Sega that is too scared of people reactions and play too much safe to the point of wanting "Classic Zone Remixes" ?
    I really doubt it. It's nothing at all in the end, or at least the Act 2 Boss of that Zone, i bet.

4. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    The difference is that classic Amy Rose was cute. Right, she's always been hunting Sonic around, but nowadays, since her cute looks have been changed and she's been made older, she now looks and acts outright like a destructive psychopath rather than the adorable obsessed dreamy fangirl that she used to be.

EDIT: I hope they'll throw Fang in as a boss or something. If they limit it to just an eastern egg I'm gonna be upset.

By the way, I love Knux's walking animation. Remember he's strong and thus heavy, but also naïve and goofy. The animation suits him just fine, in my opinion.

5. Thorn

Thorn

Tech Member
    Home
    Sonic 2 Retro Remix
    Stating the obvious, but it needs to be said: Knux has a different starting location in Mirage Saloon 2 than Sonic and Tails have. We can assume what this means about the end of Act 1, which probably quells a lot of concerns throughout this topic about how Knuckles routes will be handled.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Egg-Seltze-Ior

That fucking pun.

Also liking the Egg Baron paintings. Until that thing gets a name that's what I'm going to call it. Or maybe Egg Sheriff? All these nice touches though. Even gave the new roller badnik the garbage Sonic CD jump noise. Nice touch.

And it sounds like Nack, Bark, and Bean are officially going to be called "The boys" from here on out. Brilliant.

7. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    That's what I remember Amy to be like from magazines IIRC, with Sonic having a care free attitude towards her affections. I'm also quite fond of the artwork that convey's their personalities to one another.

8. I love how Mirage Saloon looks. Whitehead and the crew are doing an awesome job. The fluidity of this game looks excellent!
    We can expect a lot of content of this team. This new zone is an example of that.
    Whitehead had a lot of previous ideas while working doing the remakes, and today he can work comfortably.

I do not know if "The Boys" will make an appearance beyond those wanted posters. They appear as they did in Sonic Generations.
    However, the tweet leaves many doubts.

9. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Who wants some footage without scanlines?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ida00fZryQE

10. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Looks much better.

MIRAJI SARUUN

Uwaaa~ Teirusu ga~!

God. Japanese girls are uguu kawaii desu ne.

11. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    - The startled expression Tails makes when Sonic starts moving again

This game's main ingredient is pure, unadulterated love.

Also, it warms my heart to see players reacting with surprise and laughter to most of the new gimmicks they come across. That's a surefire mark of fun level design.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh my god, Tails' waiting animation.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Can I please just some direct feed gameplay instead of these..."commentary" videos?

Who the hell is Kinda Funny Games anyways and how did he of all people score an exclusive reveal like this?

14. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Kinda Funny is composed of former IGN staff. These guys have years- and even decades-old industry contacts and connections.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yea go to page 153, there are commentary-less videos of Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic/Tails gameplay.

16. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    This might be unpopular but I think Tails looks really goofy and offputting when he's carrying Sonic.

17. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    I'm pretty sure I remember him doing that in the Genesis games.

Come to think of it, I do remember Tails breaking stuff with his tail rotors when flying in Sonic 2/3, but now I'm not sure if he could do the same with his feet.

Mirage Saloon sounds like it belongs somewhere between Sonic 2 and CD. It's kinda has the beat or liveliness of the former, but with the jazzy, instrumental refinement of the latter. The tracks that come to mind are Oil Ocean and Collision Chaos (Past).

And speaking of Spring Yard, I distinctly remember those rotating string of three spike balls from that zone. My memory's fuzzy.

It's cool how they seem to float around you while navigating the terrain. Really nice improvement from the blue Sonic 1 roller that ignores it.

That shit's great. Should be good fodder for let's plays.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Tails is so cute in this game

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Thanks. I skipped a dozen or so pages so I missed that.

Well explains that in more ways then 1. but I still feel they shouldn't have got an exclusive reveal.

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    He could only destroy stuff with his tails, that's why we're pointing it out...

By the way, I also think that Tails' face while carrying Sonic may be a bit too exaggerated. I'm not sure if he was ever supposed to be suffering so much from that...