don't click here

Sonic Mania Plus SPOILER THREAD with UNMARKED spoilers!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Harmony Friends, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Felik

Felik

SS bad future was unexpected for me but it makes so much sense I almost feel dumb for not wanting it until now.
    Now if only they also included good future somehow...

2. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Fun thought that Bad Future colourscheme made me think of: If the bosses are just palette swaps at least visually, Phantom Metal Sonic could probably become Metal Sonic Kai.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Loving everything I'm seeing, including the small details such as Continues working in the save files.

There must be something more about Mighty's move set than what we know by now, though.

4. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Couple more screenshots I've not seen elsewhere on this Japanese PlayStation blog - not the best quality shots, but they include one of Sonic & Mighty in Encore Mode's Studiopolis and another of the title screen with added "Plus" graphic beneath the logo. Nothing groundbreaking, but hey, new is new...! = )

EDIT: Better quality version of the title screen pic can be seen on this tweet from the Japanese SEGA twitter account, along with another different Studiopolis shot with Mighty.

5. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Hum, it look like encore mode doesn't have a life system ?
    I don't know how I feel about this, it was cool in Forces but I like having lives in 2d Sonic games

edit; also it's confirmed that it won't change the level design either which is a real shame

6. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    The Japanese box art has no right looking that good.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yup. Don't get me wrong the yellow and circles are fine (although yellow is an odd choice) but that's the route I'd of liked them to take in the first place.

8. Sean Evans

Sean Evans

Professional Dork Member
    Earth
    Sonic Overture, Sonic Utopia
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/04/26/takashi-iizuka-explains-additions-mighty-ray-sonic-mania-plus-interview-famitsu/#JQ5mwf4ulcsDUTym.99

Don't think I've seen anyone post this. Has a couple of tidbitss on some of the stuff in Plus.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I like how Iizuka basically said "if it were up to me Mighty and Ray would have remained dead." Well we beat you there didn't we :v: That's a neat little tidbit about Mighty though. His shell acts as a shield to projectiles. That's a nice touch.

Also one thing I'm glad that was noted, the game did well with kids despite this being designed with those of us who grew up with these games. Which goes back to what we've been harking on basically forever, these types of games have a more universal appeal than the modern ones do. So take the hint and do more of this in the future. K thanks.

10. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Thanks for the link! That was neat, so here's what I could gather from that article, as far as bits we may not already have confirmed.

1. Mighty's Hammer Drop supposedly shakes the ground upon contact.

2. Hammer Drop also repels projectiles and makes Mighty invincible for one hit. Or maybe it doesn't repel projectiles, but absorbs them? Not sure, but it's implied that he will be invincible to “bullets” and similar things.

3. Ray's Air Glide doesn't run out like Tails’ flying ability, so the amount of time you stay in the air just depends on how well you can use it. Thi might have been a given but it's nice to see it confirmed.

4. Encore mode will have different object and gimmick placement, in addition to the terrain/route changes for Mighty and Ray.

11. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    The blog also gives us a better look at the (arguably superior) JP reversible cover, along with revealing that the Japanese physical copy will have the soundtrack bundled with it, as well as the art book which is being bundles with the Western versions.
    [​IMG]

12. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    “Sonic is not as popular in Japan”

*Sees Japan get the superior version*

Wtf??

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Guessing it's cause while Sonic is bigger outside Japan, Sega Japan is by far the biggest and most successful branch of the company. So they can more easily do stuff like this. Mania also had way more marketing in Japan than it did anywhere else.

14. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Interestingly, that soundtrack seems to indicate 54 tracks across two discs -- seven more than the "Selected Edition" released digitally. Did they include the Hyper Potions and Nakamura tracks in this one?

15. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    I'd happily stake a bet that six of them are indeed the missing Nakamura tracks. The remaining one could be one of many things, though - either the Hyper Potions intro theme, the music accompanying the ending cutscene or the "& Knuckles" ending music. Personally I reckon the ending cutscene music is the most likely candidate.

16. CalamityJames

CalamityJames

Toot Toot Sonic Warrior Member
    Tunbridge Wells, Kent
    Paying customs charges from Japan ¬_¬
    The JP box art and full OST was enough to sell it for me:
    [​IMG]

Works out about £50 to my door after shipping and Amazon's customs stuff.

Links to Switch and PS4 versions (Switch is region-free, but PS4 box is closer to MD box sizes):

Switch: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07CM7SCC8/

PS4: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07CM2WMXY/

Both versions come with an exclusive phone wallpaper too, as long as you pick the "Amazon????" edition

17. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    This was also one of my dreams when being a kid. I was always wishing to be Tails and Knux or Sonic follows me or vice versa. Now it's amazing I can finally fulfill that thing :D.

18. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    It would certainly seem that at least the Jun Senoue/Hyper Potions track is part of it, but the way it's worded has me wondering if the extra tracks aren't all Hyper Potions tracks.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some new screens courtesy of this: https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/6821/20180426-sonicmania.html?tkgpscom=dc_sonicmania_ps_tw_20180426. So I don't see lives in tag team/encore mode. Maybe they got rid of them?

Which I'm fine with to be honest.

20. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Would be a strange choice if they did. Perhaps following the route of Choatix which didn't have a lives system.

However, this Green Hill screenshot (from Encore mode) clearly shows an extra-life box:

[​IMG]

So, surely extra-lives are in Encore mode.