don't click here

Sonic Mania Plus SPOILER THREAD with UNMARKED spoilers!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Harmony Friends, Apr 25, 2018.

1. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Probably my favorite 2D Sonic game.
    Or my favorite 2D game.
    Or my favorite game.

2. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Regarding the exclusive sound test cheats in Sonic Mania Plus:

Is there anyway to get these working in the save modes of Mania Mode.

For example, I'd like to play a Save files as Ray or Mighty in Mania Mode but have the Encore mode graphics. Is this possible?

3. RibShark

RibShark

Seems there is a new "Public community beta branch" on Steam. Obviously it's not public yet, but since the Denuvo testing branch hasn't been updating, maybe SEGA are removing Denuvo as they have been with other titles recently.

4. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Something seems off here. If this was just them removing the Denuvo (which would be the obvious situation) there wouldn't be a need for a "Public community beta branch". It'd just be a quick patch of the exe wouldn't it? Likewise, the Sonic Mania DLC was changed recently yet the "Sonic Mania Content" depot is still untouched for the past 8 months.

Maybe I'm just paranoid but doing "bugfixes" out of the blue for a game that (aside from Denuvo complaining) doesn't need it is too big a fish to swallow.

Edit: Looking up Yakuza and Yakuza 0 on steamdb reveals that "Lab42" have shown up and made "community test branches" in these games as well. I think Sega may have contracted them to get the PC stuff in order.

Edit 2: That seems to be mostly the case. Sonic Forces has recent updates for it's DLC but no test branch. Not ruling out new stuff for Mania but yeah, Sega clearly wants to get it's steam stuff in order.