don't click here

Sonic Mania Plus (Consoles Physical; PC Digital) - Non-Leaks Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chris Highwind, Mar 16, 2018.

1. G.M.M.

G.M.M.

I was able to get the new release today at Walmart. I can confirm that it comes as version 1.04, which includes the new menu and boss fight.

Proof for anyone that needs it (hope you don't mind the box in every shot):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    ... as much as I love Mania I hate that this exists. Itd be like if Sonic 3 was released digitally, then S3K was released physically, then a year after Sonic 3 alone was released physically.

It's dumb!

3. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    cover looks similar to the plus cover
    what's the back and flip side look like?

4. G.M.M.

G.M.M.

The back is also similar to Plus. No alternate cover on the other side, but the small ad now shows the Encore DLC on one side and Forces and Team Sonic Racing on the other side.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    On the one hand, leaving out the alternate cover is lame. On the other, they probably figured anyone who would care about that already bought it.

6. Chainspike

Chainspike

Stealing rings since 1994 Member
    Death Egg Zone
    S3C Delta
    I agree, but Mania Plus is nowhere near the scale that S&K was to Sonic 3. :V

7. To be fair, S3 and S&K are more well received more than Mania. However, S3&K cannot be remade due to legal reasons so we get Mania instead.

8. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    That is a damn shame. It’s like the original Metal Sonic boss never existed. I still say “revised” boss solid have remained Encore Mode only.

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    This really. That would make Encore something actually a bit new.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Ah well, there's an opportunity wasted for differentiating both versions. Nothing in here that tempts me into buying it, I guess.

11. Yeah, I really wish the box art was differentiated from the Plus box by more than just removing the "Plus." If it had a unique cover, or went back to the earliest version, I'd be more tempted to buy it.

12. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    So I'd rather post it here since it's related to the game.

I picked up one of those official SEGA / Retro-Bit 6 Button USB Controllers (might as well use my annual Amazon Prime free trial for something decent) and I'm having issues getting Mania to work with it.

What am I doing wrong? I assume there are people here who have got similar controllers (like the 8 button or Saturn pads) to work with it.

13. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Make sure in Windows the controller is shown as "Sega Controller", instead of "USB Gamepad". Launching Mania through Steam loads an official config, and it works with existing button prompts. To swap the types, hold Start for 5 seconds while it's plugged in.
    It's in the product description, too.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  14. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Just an FYI this method does not work for the 3 button pads that come with the Mega Drive/Genesis Mini, only the Retrobit pads (cannot confirm with the JP 6 button pads, mind). If you wish to use those your safest bet will be setting Mania to keyboard input, then assigning the corresponding keys to buttons in Joy2Key.

I assign the key for restarting time attack to the C button on mine, and the method works very well.

15. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Okay thanks I have it working now, runs off a Xbox configuration though, but not that bothered about that as I have a 360 controller as well.

16. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    I used my genesis controller and a USB adapter. I ended up using JOY2KEY as I couldn't get Steam/Mania to recognize it.

17. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I've put more time into the PC version of this and I'm vexed: I'm getting many, many crashes in Mirage Saloon Act 1 as Sonic & Tails - first in the act transition and now just...when shit happens early in the level. I was under the impression that Denuvo was stripped out, and my game is up to date... is it always this unstable? Is there even a fix for this?

EDIT: Crash in a bonus stage in OOZ Act 2 as well. kill meeee

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  18. Vangar

Vangar

I'm confused as why this release exists? Sonic Mania Plus was already pretty cheap physical. And the DLC is only $4.99. Why not just add $5 to the cost of this release? :psyduck:

19. Cheaper alternative, perhaps. Sonic Mania Plus is about $29, the stand-alone is $20, DLC $5... sounds like a good deal to me. I mean, if you want to save $5, and get everything you'd get in the Plus version, why not?