don't click here

Sonic Mania Plus (Consoles Physical; PC Digital) - Non-Leaks Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chris Highwind, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Sonic Mania Plus announced, a physical release for Sonic Mania with Mighty and Ray as playable characters, Encore Mode, and a 4-Player Competition mode.
    [​IMG]

2. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I do hope that as part of the changes and additions to this, they make sure every single zone has a cutscene at the end. It just looked so off when some got cutscenes whilst others just faded to black after the results screen.

3. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Well I didn't expect this. The additional content is a wise decision to give it a unique selling point.

4. Aquova

Aquova

Professional nerd in training Member
    USA
    I was surprised to see new characters added over new stages. I hope that their play styles fit well with the existing levels. That being said, I'm very excited.

5. Felik

Felik

Honestly the only thing I want from new game mode is actual bonus stages. Put Blue spheres in extra content or something. Also level transitions would be nice

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

IT'S EVEN MEGA DRIVE BRANDED IN EUROPE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Looks like Sega just got $90 off me~

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Is it? Did they show pics of that?

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

No pics, but they specifically mentioned it in their presentation.

9. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    A new version of Mania with extra content and a new physical release sounds fantastic.

Summer runs from 21st June to 23rd September, so could be a long wait, but well worth the wait!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for playable Mighty and Ray. So awesome!

10. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    There's five Sonic Mania Adventures shorts coming out each month up to the release of Mania Plus, so it's safe to assume we'll be seeing Mania Plus in August.

11. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    I genuinely wonder if there won't be an extra zone or two in Encore Mode. Considering that they needed to reveal HALF of the game's zones for marketing, it'd make sense if they didn't want to spoil ANY new content if there was only one or two new pieces.

Here's hoping that Encore Mode will be more like their original plans for the Phantom Heavies and Egg Reverie. That's my number one hope - that they get to achieve in Encore Mode any things that they couldn't before.

and missing zone transitions

12. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I am genuinely surprised they didn't go with the more obvious Amy choice. I wonder what moves they'll get to distinguish them.

Since it doesn't look like PC is getting a physical copy, I guess I'm buying the Switch version. I can get an art book, and at least play it at my brother's place when babysitting my nephew.

13. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    I'll be buying the Switch version physically despite owning it digitally, and the upgrade for my PC copy (collector's edition).
    This on top of the 5 other times I bought it for various friends.
    And the vinyl.
    And the digital selected soundtrack.

...I like this game too much.

...I should go play it again.

14. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Sonic Mania Plus is exciting news. As I said in the SXSW thread I'll be buying the physical version (with a Megadrive reversible cover!) so hard. One thing that's notable is that I could have sworn I heard them say something about "additional cutscenes" when talking about Encore Mode. First thing I thought of is the restoration of the missing level transitions? They also said Encore Mode will be "remixes" of the stages with additional and alternative routes which is fucking awesome. Sounds as though they're significantly expanding the game. It's basically getting a "remix" mode.

So this must be why Taxman and Stealth have been so quiet as of late. They'll evidently be working hard on Sonic Mania Plus all the way until the Summer. Hoping for a new stage or two!

15. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Does that mean the PC version might get a Steam DLC version of this? If no physical release for the PC, I'd be equally happy with that.

I'm curious to what a Super Ray and a Super Mighty is going to look like? Probably not that much different to a Super Knux-style imagine (though this isn't usually the first thing that springs into one's head when thinking "new characters", lol :p).

16. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    "In Encore mode will give you a new way to experience the game. We're gonna add some visual changes to each zone and a new way to kind of explore each act. There's a real nice visual touch that's in there, so if you already beat Sonic Mania, this is going to give you a new experience to play it again."

17. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I really want the UFO stages to be accessible via menu after completion.

18. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Any word on online multiplayer?

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Yeah, I must say that the lack of Amy is the only thing that disappointed me. Guess she was too complicated to integrate.

I wonder if "Encore mode" will add a "Special Stage" radar or something.

20. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    Did y'all notice Classic Sonic is arriving back to his dimension in the Sonic Mania Adventures clip they showed? It seems to pick up where Forces left off.

So if we're (ever) getting a Mania sequel it's definitely gonna depend on Forces' canon status, isn't it? :(/>