don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    The spanish earrape people released another video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L97cJWtNmMQ

2. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    ...So Sonic + - has fruit repellent   ?

3. Graxer

Graxer

Wow... its really painful to watch them fail so badly when they play. Still, the game is looking great! I got my receipt from ShopTo today (along with mention of the Omochao gadget and bomb DLC), so I suspect they will be dispatching all the preorders tomorrow.

4. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    3 or 4 levels in and the guy still can't grasp any of the auxiliary moves like the kick. Modern "gamers" everyone.

Now this looks fun as fuck. Completely ignoring the stupid forced paths and running on it yourself. This is what I want to see and play. Not speed boosters playing the game for me.

5. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Wait... Is it just me or around 7:44 in the spanish earrape video he took damage while in the ball form? Oh god, please don't tell me that Sonic can only do damage with homming attack/kick attack/spindash. I mean, the Egg Pawns need multiple attacks or kick attack to be defeated, but couldn't Sonic just... bounce on top of them a few times like he always (except in Sonic 06) did with multiple-hit enemies?

Can someone who got a hold of the game/demo test this thing out?

Around 10:00 he also got damaged with a spindash... Oh god, it's one of those games isn't it?

I'm okay with having enemies that are imune to X or Y attack. Sonic games always had those in, but like... Unless they have some spikes or something that does damage in their body, why take damage at all?

6. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    I love how every time Sonic gets shot out of a cannon, Mario gets excited off screen.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Sonic getting damaged in spin dash is normal. Part of the intricacies of the game require that you know how to defeat enemies. Not everything can be killed by the homing attack or the spin dash. This is where the drop kick move comes in to play, since it stuns the enemy. It's done on purpose to make combat more engaging, I take it.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/10/sonic-lost-world-wii-u-has-a-day-one-update/

Apparently this game has a day 1 patch. Interesting, as it seems kind of rare for normal Sonic games to have patches.

9. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Some enemies like the eggpawns take multiple homing attack hits to kill. Or you can "charge" the homing attack by waiting a bit before using one. The targeting icon will grow more circles around the target, which indicates that it is more damaging and it 1 shots. The kick isn't rapid fire but will take down most enemies a non-charged homing attack won't and cause the knockback bowling ball effect on other enemies. The spider enemies in Silent Forest will knock you out of a homing attack and will only be hurt by kicks. The crab bot looks like its immune to the spindash (Sonic's running into the claw) and homing attack. Though the bounce seemed to damage it and the guy never used the kick.

Honestly the bigger question is what utility the bounce attack has outside of stopping Sonic in the air. I haven't seen it used offensively or for platforming yet.

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

My observations/concerns:

1> Why are transitions from 3d to 2d and back not smooth anymore?

2> Why is it that sections of the levels seem to be copy/pasted with different obstacles --> (Desert level)

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya I am getting a bit of Sonic Heroes syndrome, not nearly as bad though (Also not nearly as bad as Colors either).

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]

:v:

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    And yet I get to wait basically another 2 weeks.

Thanks a ton Sega of America.

14. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Ey, TimmiT. We all hate you.
    Don't forget to post your thoughts

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So far:

Half the game is fun, half the game is mediocre or frustrating. Plot still sucks. Basically it's about as good as Sonic Colours except with the frustrating difficulty of Unleashed. Also they brought back medal collecting sort of, except now you have to collect Flickies.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Guess Nintendo owners finally got their own iteration of the HD Unleashed then. :v:

17. What does the back of the box look like?

Is there a lot of Miiverse interaction throughout the game?

18. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Aw, that's too bad to hear. TimmiT can you confirm if jumping on enemies is a valid attack? Also, does it mention what the fuck happened with the moon after the events of Sonic Colors when that arm "infected" it with the hyper go-on?

Edit: Oh yeah, is there any reason plot-wise to why Wisps are in the game or are they just, you know, "features"?

Also, what are you waiting for to show us some footage of english cutscenes?

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Jumping on enemies is a valid attack for enemies you can use the homing attack on, the spindash as well. You can only use the kick for certain enemies though, and the game does a pretty bad job telling you which you need to kick.

The wisps are just sort of there, there's no reason given.

Buy me one of those game recording things and we'll see.

20. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member