don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Man I'd love for them to do something a little more complex than GREEN HILL ZONE AGAIN (even just ripping off the first levels Sonic 2 or Chaotix would satiate me, I'm so tired of it), but that's been the least of my concerns ever since the first Sonic Adventure.

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    All of you thinking there are Sonic Xtreme nods and references...

You're funny.

3. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    [​IMG]

Sorry, if this was posted earlier. I couldn't resist.

4. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    It has, about three times now. ;)

5. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol

6. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Of course it isn't intentional, but it definitely made me think Xtreme when I saw it.

7. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Let's take a close look at that image on the 3DS. hrmm, it looks like...

[​IMG]

So either SEGA fucked up or the point here is that the 3DS and the Wii U versions are going to be very similar to each other. Let's hope so.

8. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It's just a mockup...

It's 1:1 identical with that screenshot.

9. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Yes it's a mockup but who was it made by? If it was made by IGN I'd understand but if it was made by SEGA, there's probably a reason as to why that screenshot was used instead of, say, the caterkiller one which is specifically for the 3DS version. Or they coulda screwed up with making the mockup, who knows.

Either way I'm just thinking the 3DS version might not be too different from the console version. It most likely will be very similar but with downplayed graphics.

Edit: also the late point I was trying to make was that screenshot doesn't confirm dimps at all, even though the pink caterkiller bit is really something they would do. Then again, Sonic chasing the pink guy looks like something Dimps would do too, and that's a Wii U version shot. Maybe it's the angle that's making me think that, but still.

Edit2: though if IGN made that mockup everything I said is null and void. Carry on Retro.

10. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Well there's no reason to take this picture in consideration since we have actual screens of it...

Generations 3DS was already good, but short and they clearly rushed the title but this will certainly be better than it!

11. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Well, GameXplain has really started to get active recently, although they mainly focus on Nintendo stuff. They got analysis videos for mostly Nintendo games, and they go this in-depth with them too.

I guess, seeing how this is Nintendo exclusive, they decided on doing one for Lost World too.

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So why is it soo crazy for us to think Sonic Team could've reused assets and ideas of a past canceled/cut product for a new product?

Were talking about Sonic Team here, the kings of reusing shit so its not like they haven't done it before...

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Yeah is this one of those 'we know something you don't but we can't tell you' kinds of things

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    No, it's actually not. They literally have nothing to do with one another other than pure coincidence. The level tropes are all standard order platformer levels (point to Sonic 3D Blast) and while it does feature similar concepts to Xtreme what with rotating levels, there's much more sign of Mario Galaxy influences, which isn't terribly surprising given a few elements, least of which is that they're working with Nintendo for this game thanks to that exclusivity agreement.

Now, if they want to actually DO an Xtreme nod by either a remix of Space Queens or naming an act after an Xtreme stage (Jade Gully, Crystal Frost, Red Sands/Giza Speedway, etc.) that's a whole different story. But really, no one at SoJ was bored enough to one day just look at Xtreme videos and go, "Man, those Americans were up to something. Let's actually use that stuff!" Remember that opinions of Xtreme were quite well in the bog back in 1996, and SoJ wanted nothing to do with it.

An aside: Giza Speedway would actually be a pretty cool name for the desert stage rather than the one they're using now... which resembles NSMBU's desert area idea.

15. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Looking at the monsters and the world map, here is my guess on who you fight where:

[​IMG]

You can pretty much see what to expect from the Zones (Island, Desert, Forest, Ice, Clouds, and Fire/Volcano type zones). So I wonder if there's going to be any non-natural zones that you would expect from Sonic. I wonder where you would even see Robotnik here.

16. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    If there aren't as many acts as there are hexagones composing the planet, I'll be disappointed.

17. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    If they're anything like the acts in Sonic Colours, I hope to God that they keep it at a maximum of 3 and a boss. I don't want to have to play through a handful of shitty gimmicky challenge acts just to get to the next level.

18. Retroman

Retroman

Like Cyan Wisp and basically the idea of Sonic Colours: Classic Enemies and that's it.

Seems like it could be a sequel to Sonic Colours, I.E Sonic Colours 2.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I'm gonna disagree with you.

Wind Hill: Confirmed for Pink guy
    Desert Ruins: Yellow guy
    Island/Beach: Blue guy with a staff
    Ice/Snow: Light blue/purple guy
    Forest: Green Girl. (look at the made and you can see it's different to the Wind Hill areas)
    Volcano: Red guy

20. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I think that if the colour palettes of the bosses are meant to match the stage, it would make them harder to see and they wouldn't pop out as well. We've seen that Mr. Pink is in Wind Hill, so there's a chance that they're actually not colour coordinated.