don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    More like because everyone complains about "Sonic's shitty friends" all the time. The instant a new character is shown, even plot-only? Instantly shitty, game is garbage-tier. Having them thrust on you as forced playable characters admittedly didn't do wonders for the series's reputation, but it's kinda ridiculous.

Less Retro complaining about that, though; more sites like NeoGAF.

Also

[​IMG]

Female Caterkiller. Wat.

2. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Please tell me that's sarcasm. Otherwise Sonic Team is always behind the demand??

So apparently they forgot about the fact that dessert and desert are two different words.

3. MastaSys

MastaSys

The same reason they didn't give C. Sonic a voice in Generations, playing safe because the brand is quite damaged on some circles.
    I hope that someday that changes without a drop in quality.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    No they hadn't, while Generations and Unleashed modern Sonic gameplay was fun, it's still not as good as 3D Sonic can be. The games are very scripted and they're designed to always make you go fast, if you don't go fast it isn't fun and it's harder to control. There were also very scripted moments It seems like they're trying to fix this in Lost World, if you've actually read the full preview you'd know that they're attempting to change the gameplay to make it so that it's less scripted and more controlled and open 3D levels. It's already hard to do this with a single character.

Also, how can you see from those screenshots that Dimps is making the game?

Anyway, I actually like the changes that they're making to 3D Sonic in this. Things like the parkour system and the run button sound like additions that will make Sonic more controllable. Also the wall run is a great addition that can add many level design possibilities.

5. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Tiered speed indexs is what they've been doing with the boost. The problem is that it was either slow and slippery or MAX SPEED which is entirely jarring. Having a middle ground is the best thing, and spinning is back to put full speed to use. I quite like the sound of this.

Also shame about Sonic only. This game style is perfect for exploring other characters and abilities.

6. Samurai Echidna

Samurai Echidna

Just saw the trailer today...

Yep. Same first reactions everyone else had... "It's just like Sonic 1! Except with monsters instead of Robotnik! And that Extreme game that was never released!" :specialed:

Oh boy... I'm going to need a lot of aspirin and anxiety medication to get over the vertigo this game wants to give me.

7. MastaSys

MastaSys

Actually it's already confirmed that Eggman is in the game, as if the badniks as enemies weren't a good hint.

I can see him pulling another ganondorf just like Generations.

8. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    I like the theory that Eggman actually went to get his teaching degree after all and the six bosses are revealed to be his students. :specialed:

9. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm not as enthused. I see rapid bouncing for no reason, Sonic bouncing on enemies without being curled up for no reason, and Sonic climbing walls that he should easily be able to jump over. I also see corridors after corridors after corridors. Call me a cynic, but a return to classic aesthetics isn't enough to have me losing control of myself. I look forward to seeing actual gameplay videos, though. E3 is just around the corner, after all.

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmmm...

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Sonic climbing on those small walls is probably the new parkour system, he does it automatically if you don't jump over it.

12. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Not gonna lie, this looks incredibly fucking enjoyable. Sonic XTreme Gameplay mechanics whaaaaat.

Too bad I'll never buy a Wii U in this decade.

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I see. That's interesting, and it makes me anxious for more news. I'm nowhere near the OMG MUST HAVE A WII U NOW level of excitement yet, though.

14. Vangar

Vangar

I don't want to be a negative asshole, but there's a question banging in my head.

They are trying to make more open 3D worlds right? How is making sonic run on a one-way tube more open? I need multiple Paths! If there are secret paths etc. then I'm sold.

15. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    So, the button induced running and dashing sounds like a good way for them to finally fix Sonic's acceleration problem in 3D.

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lost World looks better IMO. It's got a more stylistic and less busy/more simple look which will also probably help with the framerate.

17. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    It looks like the badniks are based on the original concept art, instead of the S4 style designs.

Motobug, Chopper, and the snail anyway. Loving how the level looks.

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Here's hoping that the 3DS version has more in common with DS Colors than 3DS Generations, because it does seem fairly clear from what I've seen of the latter that they just plain ran out of time on it.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It actually looks like it'll be more similar to the console version than either of those versions were.

20. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I really hope they put the "main theme" from Sonic Xtreme somewhere in the game's soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmaDfHU303E