don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. I hate this game but I've said to myself that if for some reason they brought this to PC I'll get it because PC and mods :v:
    This is gonna be interesting.

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Well I definitely wasn't expecting this. I already have it on Wii U, so I guess this purchase will depend on how the modding community turns out. :v:

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think it'll be good, might refresh the 3D Sonic mod community a bit, as it's become kinda stagnant lately. And with Lost World's simpler graphic styles, shaders, and gameplay mechanics, it may entice people to make more levels (As I saw someone say on Twitter, a Sonic 06 in new game mod might make more sense with these controls vs Generations' controls).

Plus, unlike Generations, the base game needs to be altered to our whims to make it good.

So... we going to see some form of a Generations project for shits and gigs :v:

4. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Huh.

That was unexpected. Can't really see the point in getting this until the price is super low, since I've got it on Wii U, but having the option is nice for anyone who wants it. It's got some good bits.

I always assumed Nintendo bankrolled Lost World and/or paid for development, but I guess they don't see PC as a competitor anyway.

5. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    But the PC version won't feature the best level in the game, Wii U still better

6. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I'll wait for the Steam sale.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Until someone can hopefully mod the Nintendo DLC back in, fo sho.

This is great news, I've been holding out hope for Unleashed on Steam for quite some time now though...

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Definitely wasn't expecting this.

Definitely welcoming this with open arms.

Lost World was a good game. Flawed to hell and back with a handful of bad ideas and plenty poorly executed good ideas too, but on the whole it was a enjoyable game that gets more flak than I'd expect. I play it more than I replay a lot of other titles in the series (though the pool of levels worth playing through for fun is stupidly small). Hopefully this will get a bit more longevity out of the game.

It's a surprise to see SEGA release this on PC though. Clearly the deal with Nintendo is now well and truly over. Kind of a shame it floundered though - it could have been so good. Now let's see RoL ported to PC too! :specialed:

Zelda level? Let's be honest, it's not actually that great. Hyrule Field is fun to run around, but you're limited it what you can do and it really shows how the parkour system goes to waste. You can clear the whole stage in less time than the trailer.

9. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Gematsu claims the Nightmare DLC is included, so there's that.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

If there was any doubt, there's a screenshot showing it too.
    [​IMG]

11. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Hah, great news. I was bummed from the start about its Wii U exclusivity because modders.
    Confused about the Nintendo exclusivity junk. I guess it was just a limited term.
    But whatever!

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Good timing I suppose, a friend saw a non Deadly Six version for the Wii U lately, so this will be an option for anyone who cares that much and hadn't gotten the game already.

For posterity:
    [​IMG]

13. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

All life form data, successfully copied! Member
    At my home in Florida
    Big the Cat in Sonic Generations, High-Res HUD for Sonic Lost World, Metal Sonic Lost World (Version 1.0,) Sonic Generations: Episode Metal (Version 3.0.)
    I'm freaking out right now.

I bought the Wii U Version at Launch. Physical Copy WITH the NiGHTS DLC. In some ways, I kinda prefer the way Lost World controls over Generations (though I still prefer Generations' Level Design,) and I've been wanting to mod it since it came out.

Now I have an excuse to never take Smash 4 out of my Wii U's disk slot, AND a way to start making mods for it.

I'm gonna buy the game, 100% it all over again, and then make my obligatory "Metal Sonic Lost World" mod before 2015 ends.

14. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    Well this is a surprising turn of events. I finally get to play the game now.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ooh, you know I just realized. Wisps could lead to more proper Sonic Colors level ports. Now it won't just be a heavy reliance on Rocket and Spikes in levels that don't make sense for either (plus I always though the drill wisp in Lost World controlled as smooth as butter).

16. Pexs

Pexs

Otherwise known as Spex Member
    I'm in the same situation as Joe, here. This couldn't be any better! I'm extra excited to try making mods for this! On top of that, it sharing formats means we already know a lot of what it can do!

This is just super great.

17. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Press Release
    A sign of things to come?

18. Felik

Felik

Another reason to not buy a Wii U (now if only Unleashed and 06 were released on PC as well :argh: )

19. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Y'know, I was wondering if it was meant as part of a string, since it's not too long after the totally unexpected Valkyria Chronicles port. I'd be absolutely pumped if this means we might get a proper Sonic Unleashed port in the future, but the werehog still has some stigma to it so I dunno if that'll ever happen.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Pretty sure they want to steer as far away from those two games as possible, at least with Sonic 06. The werehog left a sour taste in gamer's mouths though don't expect that one to come back even if overall it's a decent game (once you get past the 15 FPS for 90% of the game and the collectathon).

A Colors port would be nice, I wonder if that might come. Outside of that what's left, Heroes and Shadow... Taxman's Sonic 1 and 2 *shot