don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Hukos

Hukos

I'd be okay with making the Sonic games morel like Ratchet and Clank.

One thing that bugs me though in this topic, is the supposition is that being compared to Pokemon is supposed to be bad. Pokemon sells like hotcakes and is one of the most critically acclaimed franchises of all time. Pokemon doesn't have a dark era that long-time fans shudder at, and the franchise as a whole is viewed as being extremely consistent.

Now, tell me why exactly that would be a bad thing. In all honesty, I think Sonic could learn a thing or two from Pokemon (As far as making consistently good games is concerned).

2. [​IMG]

3. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Hot DAMN, if the game cutscenes were at the very least ANIMATED like that they'd be a MUCH better watch. That whacky style is something you only see in SEGA's CG which is handled by Blur (isn't it? Or are their CG scenes in-house}. If they brought that level of quality to the realtime scenes AND gave them the same writing flair you describe, that'd be EXCELLENT.

Regarding the purple guy, heh, I was betting on him having a long snout and being one of the more "silly" members of the cast. Oh well, whatever works. He's definitely lanky enough to be like that.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Actually, the CG in Sonic games since Sonic Unleashed has been done by Marza Animation Planet, a studio owned by SEGA Sammy. They did the Night of the Werehog short and are currently also working on a CG Captain Harlock movie.

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Perfect.

I've always thought Sonic has the capacity to hit the same emotional points as a Pixar movie. You wouldn't consider Up as not a kids movie, but the scene at the beginning of his marriage, and the stuff with Kevin later, and meeting his "hero" all install hope, sadness, fear and excitement. Why couldn't Sonic be capable of all those things? Why can't Sonic and Tails have a falling out but team back up as even stronger friends, or fail to reach a place in time to be able to save it? Stuff that doesn't have to be too heavy handed, but enough to give a Sonic plot just a little more staying power. The guys who wrote "Happy Tree Friends" aren't exactly what you would call Oscar-level caliber.

6. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    I still wonder why people react to every new Sonic game by trying to make up their own Sonic game, then trying to convince others that they have 'fixed' the 'problems' and then, spread said answers in the topic despite it being completely irrelevant to any Sonic game that exists, let alone the new one.

It's not like anyone can change the direction this game is headed in by suggesting it take a different one. *Shrug*

8. Retroman

Retroman

I don't know what to expect. Looking forward to it.

9. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Kinda cool that this reveal will be a one-day-late birthday present for me. If I'm getting any next-gen console it's probably gonna be Wii U, especially since Sonic.

10. Bobinator

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting Member
    I still don't get how people can think Sonic Adventure through '06 had better writing than Colors or Generations. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I think I honestly really need it explained to me how people think like that.

For me, all Sonic writing before... let's be fair and say Unleashed, basically boils down to everything in this video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvWchCk2kIs[/youtube]

And if we ever have to end up going back to that, I'm quitting the franchise.

11. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
    Since we're talking about designs, how about having a picture I made in about 5 seconds? It's not great, but I guess it shows my point.

Spoiler'd for size.
    [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure they're all wearing suits or something.

Also, to quote myself:
    If Sonic: Lost World decided to do something like that, it would be pretty cool. There's been a lot of "Open-World" games, so having a Sonic game that is open-world/sandboxey would be nice.

Edit: And I got the wrong board game. Whoops.

12. When you have the time, check out Roger Van Wilde's "Sonic Dissected" series.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Don't actually do this.

14. TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER TRAILER

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/28/sonic-lost-worlds-debut-trailer

Super Sonic Galaxy anyone?!

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-sIkDWfccU

Sonic X-treme is back.

16. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Sonic Xtreme, finally!

Only 17 years late!

17. Bobinator

Bobinator

My thoughts on your posting Member
    Damn it, Sega, I really didn't want to by a WiiU, but if you make this game look any more fun, I'm really going to have to think about it. :(

18. For a moment I thought you was all joking, then I watched the trailer.

Oh boy it really is Sonic Xtreme, wow.

Also if the classic robots are back, I take it Eggman's involved in this somehow.

19. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member

OK, now you owe some explanations, how come your designs are THAT close to what we can see in the trailer? :v:

20. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Looks cool, but what's up with the lighting? Did they give up on GI? :v:

[​IMG]

Lighting reflection on Sonic reminds me of Hedgehog Engine. And there's parts of baked lighting here and there, but not others.