don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No I think you're right. Another brilliant forgotten option thanks to sonic team.

Seriously, all these options were in generations and colors. Where are they now?

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Was it? because I sware they had trouble with Tropical Coast Zone 3 too.

Oh how could I forget our overseeing savior! :v:

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Yeah if you wanna watch the cutscenes again you're going to have to make a new Wii U profile and start the game anew or YouTube them unless we're all just missing something obvious, which sucks.

4. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Lame. That's been an option (in some form or another) dating back to SA2, including the Riders games. Oh well. I guess it's not such a huge deal in a time when YouTube exists.

5. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Oh no! I have to put down $50 for a Sonic game that I should've used to buy WWE 2K14 instead! Oh, the Hu-MANATEE!

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I've bought masterpieces for less than half that price tag. $50 for a game as flawed as this one is just preposterous.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Redboxes and Gamefly do exist, guys.

8. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I just got the 3ds version a couple of days ago, and those special stages are making me dizzy. and possibly hurting my neck.

The main stages are good though, but Sega or Dimps may need to patch the controls just because of health reasons.

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Gamefly yes theres no excuse if you do have that service.

But Redbox I can understand, the game libraries in the machines a few and far between with rural areas not getting updated is urban areas. not to mention the only keep 1-2 copies of a new game in the box, if both are out you're SOL.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I do keep forgetting about rural areas. Such is the life of always being one of them city slicker type folk.

11. Vangar

Vangar

The 3ds version has this, even.

12. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It even has the volume control for SFX too :P

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Welp, this game's selling like ass in Japan (sold about 4,500 copies both versions combined)

http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-lost-world-crashes-and-burns-in-japanese-debut-264950.phtml

Any idea what's up for the rest of the world?

14. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Not surprising, the last game was like 10k in Japan IIRC? (PS3 version alone)

Someone looked for me at the Miiverse community members total and they're a bit below Wonderful 101 (16k)... They're not really a way to measure it by any means, but you'll find a trend in what percentage of players that is if you compare some of the games that have official sales data available. Regional communities, ignore.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So, guesstimating, what do you think 16k Miiverse members translates to sales wise (Also which region, because I think Miiverse communities vary by area so there would be 3 Sonic Lost World Miiverse communities)?

Plus yea it's not really surprising since Japan has never liked Sonic anyway. Makes me wonder all the more why they won't let a US or EU developer give a crack at a Sonic game, rather than say, Dimps for the 10th time.

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

In the UK, it debuted at #1 on the Wii U charts and has remained at #3 for the subsequent weeks. And on the 3DS it debuted at #4 before coasting along at #5 ever since. In the all formats top 40, the 3DS version is currently at #21. The Wii U version was #10 in the all formats on it's first week, which sounds good, but has since totally dropped off the radar!

Just for the sake of comparison. Wind Waker HD is currently the top selling Wii U game, and it's managing only #32 in the all formats.

So from this we can deduce that the sales really aren't great (go figure, it's a Wii U game) and it's doing slightly better on 3DS. It's doing well on the Wii U in a purely relative sense- that meaning that it's shifting units enough to remain in the Wii U chart, but the Wii U chart on the whole isn't full of high numbers.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So at least it sounds like it's doing good for a Wii U game.

18. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    I'm not sure actually. I asked someone from the US, but if there's really different regions then I would avoid guesstimating for now until I get confirmation of that. The trend I saw with most of the Miiverse numbers was roughly a 35-50% of the totals. (ASRT Wii U, Injustice, Pikmin 3, NintendoLand.) Yeah nevermind, there's different communities. Cross that one out completely. I'd take it more as a way to measure interest I guess.

Another method you could do is check the online rankings total (much easier this time as well due to the total being shown) for the first level, which the one that most people tend to do. Back on US Launch Day I remember seeing about 3.5k entries for Windy Hill 1, and it's probably bigger by now. Generations on Steam has an achievement for entering the rankings, which only like 13% of the people got (11% actually, but only 83% ever played the game at all). Probably way more people play offline on Wii U though, but guesstimating from that % would probably get you about the same total I said with the Miiverse numbers. Two shitty guesstimations from different sources don't make it right though. :specialed:

I'm not sure if you can get XBL Achievements/PSN Trophy Percentages to check as well if that sounds about right.

I'm gonna be called out for the shitty guesstimating, aren't I?

19. Well, at least Sega got money from Nintendo. Right??

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

6398 for WHZ1 worldwide, 1010 UK. Somehow I doubt the game has sold that few copies. Time trials in this game feel sort of as an aside. I'm not sure many people are using them.