don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    It's like a Circus- it dissappears until you reload the game via selecting "Continue" from the main menu. You can play it once per game session. There is no danger of you losing it forever.

2. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    All the Circus do that, don't they?

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    So Tropical Coast 2 and Windy Forest 1, yes. Is the music from the WiiU demos of Desert Ruins 2 (the honeycomb level, that is) anywhere in the 3DS version or am I gonna have to wait for that?

(Specifically picking out the tunes that sound like TPIR cues)

4. Thousand Pancake

Thousand Pancake

Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the m Member
    The music for Desert Ruins 2 was used in an act of Silent Forest on the 3DS version, if I remember correctly.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Just over halfway through now I think, currently stuck on the Drill section of Emo Forest 4. This game is really beautifully presented and the frame rate being 60fps really is nice for a Sonic title, but good GOD this game has places that are frustratingly difficult. Really lets the experience down. And from what I gather, it's only going to get more impossible.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This wait over here in the states is driving me insane. Although it's probably a good thing it didn't come out last week as originally planned as I was quite busy, now I'll be able to enjoy it. But still, Tuesday can't come soon enough.

EDIT: Played through all of Sonic Color's levels yesterday and played through all of Generations levels + the Unleashed Project levels in preparation... for a game that plays nothing like them. I am ready to be severely confused.

7. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    And that's exactly what I thought about Sonic 1 when I was a child :)

8. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Cheers for clearing that up. I can dive in head first now. Anything to stop me doing more Generations 3DS Missions...

9. Falsetto

Falsetto

Banned
    There are some very curious flaws with this game. It's a departure from previous entries in terms of gameplay, but I'm actually all for developers trying something new, even if it turns out to be a mixed-bag. Of course, there are limits. The controls, specifically the gamepad-only sections, I'm getting used to after several avoidable deaths, but there's no need for them. I can tolerate gimmicky controls, but I really can't handle the debauchery. The minigame where you have to pin Zavok with a sexual harrassment lawsuit was just too much. The kids won't know they're playing Sonic The Hedgehog: Vice City until it's too late.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Don't mind me, just posting best song in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-3IWP_9b8Y

Now to wait for a rip without the ambient level noise.

11. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Well, I've got a boxed copy of the Wii U version that'll be waiting for me when GameStop opens in the morning, so I was thinking about downloading the 3DS version tonight. Do you guys think it'll be available at midnight on the eShop, or will it be around noon tomorrow like they used to do with WiiWare/VC releases? It's been a long time since I've downloaded something (at release) on a Nintendo console.

I was kinda hoping Lost World would piggy-back on Battlefield 4 and Assassin's Creed IV's midnight launch, like Generations did with...was it Uncharted 3? I don't really remember. But the obligatory pre-order text told me to come tomorrow morning. They must have their hands full with two games' fans tonight.

12. Due to a last minute financial slip-up, it turns out I won't be able to get the game until friday. Ugh.... I'm gonna be one of the last people to get this game. I hope it's worth the wait.

13. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    I have to wait until Friday too. It's gonna be ok ;-;

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Nick: No, you won't be. Trust and believe that.

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's really not a big deal if you miss a Sonic game... really now, some of you are bit dramatic about this.

Most likely you'll find this in the bargain bin in six months.

16. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    That's what I'm waiting for. Duh.

17. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Just to assuage my self-consciousness: wasn't actually caring too much. I had the money to get Ace Attorney OR Lost World and chose the former; I'm confident I made the right decision

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    The 3DS version has a sound test mode with a loop option, if anyone has the right equipment they can get a gamerip from their. only tradeoff is that its a bit compressed, but it won't ruin your experence.

19. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Agreed. My favorite track in the game, and it probably sounds better with the ambiance.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    [​IMG]

Forgot all about this, does anybody know anyone who got the JP version and can rip this pre-order soundtrack?