don't click here

Sonic & Knuckles XBLA Achievements Revealed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashram, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    But to put the code in the 1st place you have to do the l.l.l.r.r.r.u.u.u and then pause the game and Press A. When you pause the game on the 360 Live Arcade version it shows you the SEGA Vintage menu... Foiled!

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    No, you can activate Level Select in Angel Island Zone, play until Mushroom Hill Zone, activate Debug Mode, enter a Special Stage, hold A while exiting it, and Debug will be activated. No pausing necessary.

3. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    S3K extra in this xbla game works just like sonic 3, as in they totaly skip the sram and all that shit.

Also since the game has one button for jump I have no idea if this emulator is using button A, B or C. probably not A as that is the main button used for level selecting and such.

4. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Just downloaded, I'll mess with it in a bit. You know, if you have all four XBLA Sonic games, you've paid what, 1600 Points? That's not bad at all, considering Sonic & Knuckles's effects on its predecessors, that weird smoothness filter that nobody uses (but it's nice to know that it's there), and 800G to make you feel damn good about knowing each on the fab four like the backs o' your old, 90s trained hands.

5. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Yep feels good owning the series on xbla, it could have been better with S3 game saves just like the cart originals but I can easily boot up and play s3k now when not on my pc (or trying to fix my half broken megadrive)

Plus I support the 16 bit sonic games by buying these.

6. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    I just wish they hadnt done the whole stupid SEGA VINTAGE MENU option... Damn Cheater that I am :)

7. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Well if you want to cheat there is always the genesis/megadrive collection, but no s3k or s2k in that deal.

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    If they had kept it the way it was, they probably could've disabled some achievements after a cheat code is entered, just like in GTAIV. Wouldn't have been much of an issue then.

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    There's also Mega Collection, but those two have to be unlocked. Not a huge feat, but a bit of an irritation, I'm sure.

Admittedly, it's twice the cost of S&K on XBLA alone (which IIRC is $5) on eBay right now if you get the PC copy, and has to be shipped.

10. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Why would anybody want to get the PC version of Mega Collection just for S3K, when you could get S&K Collection and not have to unlock it and not use SEGA's emulator? And it's like $1-5 on eBay.

And you can do more than Level Select + Debug Mode.:)

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    But you also get several other games too. :P

Still, S&K Collection is cool and yet another reason I won't be buying SMC+.

12. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    It doesn't include Knuckles in Sonic 2, though.

13. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Only missing one achievement, the all emeralds one. Taking my time as all the other sonic releases I more or less beat on day 1 but I can't stand the sonic 3 and sk special stages at all, no where near as fun as the ones in sonic 1, 2 and cd.

14. Can you confirm this? I don't feel like trying that right now.

15. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Works on the Genesis version. Although I did try making it load MHZ after going into the first Special Stage in AIZ, which led to me getting a Game Over, then making it load MHZ from the data select. But after I exited the Special Stage in MHZ while holding A, debug was activated. So you can activate level select, play through the S3 stages, and activate debug in MHZ without ever pausing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.