Sonic & Knuckles XBLA Achievements Revealed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashram, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. <a href="http://www.tssznews.com/2009/07/10/sonic-knuckles-xbox-live-achievements-revealed/" target="_blank">http://www.tssznews.com/2009/07/10/sonic-k...ments-revealed/</a>

And here I was, hoping for some real achievements.

2. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sonic Finale (25 points)
    Complete the game as Sonic.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Requisite achievement I suppose.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Knuckles Finale (25 points)
    Complete the game as Knuckles.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why do I have the sinking feeling that these achievements aren't about to get any harder?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Please Continue (25 points)
    Earn a Continue in either a Bonus or Special Stage.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And that's not going to happen by complete accident. No sir.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Gettin’ Super (25 points)
    Collect all seven Chaos Emeralds.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Okay, how is this not worth more than the one above??

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Chaos Emerald (15 points)
    Collect a Chaos Emerald.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well at least they don't give out points for each emerald.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hot Feet (15 points)
    Finish the Lava Reef Zone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Huh? Why not Sky Sanctuary Zone?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Desert Runner (15 points)
    Finish the Sandopolis Zone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You've got to be kidding me.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Grease Monkey (15 points)
    Finish the Flying Battery Zone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, why don't you just throw in Mushroom Hill while you're at it!?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Fun Guy (10 points)
    Finish the Mushroom Hill Zone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Extra Hedgehog (10 points)
    Collect 100 rings.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh, come on! Why would you give out a reward for doing something you should always manage at least once per act?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Two Sided (10 points)
    Start the game once as each character.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

*sigh* You're not even trying anymore, are you?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Extra! Extra! (10 points)
    Enter a Bonus or Special Stage.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Congratulations, you have all the gaming skill of a 6-year-old! Have these 10 points and don't spend them all in one place.

3. JDAdams

JDAdams

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Two Sided (10 points)
    Best achievement ever. Press start twice. Truly awesome.

4. Ice Sonic

Ice Sonic

Ice Cap
    No, I am not working on any hack, fanart, or website.
    Wow. I think they are even lamer than Sonic 3 achievements. It's the same thing. First, why does finishing the game as Knuckles gives you the same points as finishing it as Sonic? I thought the Knuckles route was harder. I really just don't get why achievements like Hot Feet and Desert Runner even exist. Okay, maybe we can make an exception for Sandopolis but why the others too? Doesn't make ANY sense. Achievement for collecting all Chaos emeralds? Sure, why not but why an achievement for collecting only one emerald? I mean it's REALLY not that hard. Extra Hedgehog: even a newbie can collect 100 rings without much problems. The Two Sided achievement is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Extra! Extra! (10 points)
    Enter a Bonus or Special Stage. Are you fucking kidding me? First you make an achievement about getting an emerald, now for only entering a special stage?? I know the big rings are hidden but everyone should at least find 2 in Mushroom Hill Zone.
    How the hell thought of these retarded achievements?? Is it really that hard to think of a decent one?

5. 1) get S&K rom
    2) insert into generic menu system
    3) create quick & easy achievments and generic icons
    4) make sure shit works
    5) sell on XBLA
    6) profit!

a tiny bit more effort this time just because of the S2K/S3K bonus thing but same process.

also more money from people who want as much gamerscore as their e penis can handle. think how many people bought/rented the Avatar game just to get 1000 points in 5 minutes.

6. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

furthermore known as the JAMs Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    wiki wild wild west
    To be fair, all the Sonic games have had easy achievements so far. If they suddenly decided to make S&K's harder it would look out of place and SOMEONE would complain.

7. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I think they only throw these in because they have to, not because they actually want to.

8. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I like the "Fun Guy" achievement if only for its name.

9. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    There, once they release S3K, they'll add an achievement for entering the Super Special Stages, getting one Super Emerald, and another for them all.

Easy achievements are easy. :psyduck:

10. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    At least there are some legit ones among the stupidly easy, which seems like a trend more games are following with achievements nowadays, though less of the 200 could've gone to them.

I'll give a preemptive "shut up" for anyone suggesting that beating the game with all Chaos Emeralds isn't hard enough and there should be 25g achievements for things like a no-damage run through the entire game. The sort of crowd that's clocked over 60 hours on the game can buy it, but it shouldn't cater only to them.

11. Ice Sonic

Ice Sonic

Ice Cap
    No, I am not working on any hack, fanart, or website.
    <!--quoteo(post=329609:date=Jul 12 2009, 07:32 PM:name=Clutch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clutch @ Jul 12 2009, 07:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=329609">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->At least there are some legit ones among the stupidly easy, which seems like a trend more games are following with achievements nowadays, though less of the 200 could've gone to them.

I'll give a preemptive "shut up" for anyone suggesting that beating the game with all Chaos Emeralds isn't hard enough and there should be 25g achievements for things like a no-damage run through the entire game. The sort of crowd that's clocked over 60 hours on the game can buy it, but it shouldn't cater only to them.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It really isn't. :v: Sonic 3 or Sonic & Knuckles Special Stages are easier than the S1 and S2 ones. And there have to be more achievements and be split into 3 categories: Easy, Medium/Normal and Hard. The easy achievements are for the newbs at the game and the hard ones are for the more hardcore players. Simple.

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

O'Doyle Rules Member
    <!--quoteo(post=329569:date=Jul 12 2009, 08:35 AM:name=JDAdams)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JDAdams @ Jul 12 2009, 08:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=329569">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Two Sided (10 points)
    Best achievement ever. Press start twice. Truly awesome.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Still not as good as "Press Start To Play", from The Simpsons Game, which you get as soon as you start a new game at the title screen. "Easest achievement...ever. 5g"

At least two playthroughs are required to get them all.

13. Since there would be Lock-On, I was really hoping for some Lock-On achievements, but I know that would have required people to think and not be lazy.

14. it would also have required them to find out if owning Sonic 2 and 3 counts as "DLC" and then release them as DLC achievements if they could - you're not allowed to sell a game which requires additional paid content to reach the 200/1000 gamerscore level.

15. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    <!--quoteo(post=329611:date=Jul 12 2009, 09:40 AM:name=Ice Sonic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ice Sonic @ Jul 12 2009, 09:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=329611">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It really isn't. :v: Sonic 3 or Sonic & Knuckles Special Stages are easier than the S1 and S2 ones.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Go back in time and tell that to my childhood self. He'll laugh at you then continue to be stuck on that barrel.

I, too, would like to see lock-on achievements, certainly the Super Emeralds.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    Well, at least unlike S3 you actually have to play though the game TWICE to collect all of the achievements. On Sonic 3 you could get them all on a single run.

17. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Please Continue (25 points)
    Earn a Continue in either a Bonus or Special Stage.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It would make sense if you got all perfects.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Chaos Emerald (15 points)
    Collect a Chaos Emerald.

Hot Feet (15 points)
    Finish the Lava Reef Zone.

Desert Runner (15 points)
    Finish the Sandopolis Zone.

Grease Monkey (15 points)
    Finish the Flying Battery Zone.

Fun Guy (10 points)
    Finish the Mushroom Hill Zone.

Extra Hedgehog (10 points)
    Collect 100 rings.

Two Sided (10 points)
    Start the game once as each character.

Extra! Extra! (10 points)
    Enter a Bonus or Special Stage.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

These are lame. I kind think the names are cute though, lol

18. <!--quoteo(post=329684:date=Jul 12 2009, 01:01 PM:name=Blast Processing)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blast Processing @ Jul 12 2009, 01:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=329684">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->it would also have required them to find out if owning Sonic 2 and 3 counts as "DLC" and then release them as DLC achievements if they could - you're not allowed to sell a game which requires additional paid content to reach the 200/1000 gamerscore level.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really? Then Bungie's in big trouble.

19. funny because the last I checkd you can get 1000 gamerscore in Halo 3 without paying for anything else.

20. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Meh, I don't really care about the achievements. I already have UGC, so I'm probably not even gonna buy it.

Also, is TSSZ down right now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.