don't click here

Sonic & Knuckles Demo Tape

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Deathbyteacup, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Deathbyteacup

Deathbyteacup

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons. Member
    Greetings from the long and distant past.

I came across this video on YouTube, which, although about a year old now only has a handful of views and I wasn't sure if anyone had came across it. It's nothing especially interesting, it's a demo tape of the Sonic & Knuckles theme music, jingles and invisibility theme that was apparently discovered in a lockup in the UK somewhere.

I guess it's mostly noteworthy because the theme tune sounds like it does in the beta's and not what ended up being the final.

Hope this is okay to post. For clarity this isn't my video or anything like that, just wanted to share it in case nobody knew about it and to see if it was genuine or not.

Danny

• Informative Informative x 14
    • List
  2. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    On the one hand, this is a really cool find!

On the other hand...I know it's just a demo, but the instrumentation is AWFUL. In-game they sound pretty good (even though I will always prefer the Sonic 3 ones), but here they're horrible. It's like the prototype tracks versus the S&KC versions of those tracks all over again.

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I think this might need verification - this could easily be someone playing with a MIDI sequencer.

4. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    Agreed. If someone could (respectfully) reach out to Howard Drossin to confirm, that would help prove its validity.