Sonic Jam: Playable Tails in Sonic World

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Starman, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Beta Windy Valley in Sonic Jam 2021 Challenge, let’s go.

/s or is it

2. MarmitoTH

MarmitoTH

There is more coming from Starman's discovers! I'm planning to make some tools to extract assets from Sonic Jam, so far I was able to put my hands on the models.

[​IMG]

3. RDNexus

RDNexus

Oho! Another historical moment for this community may be close at hand.
    Hacking the Saturn Sonic games seems to have been a tough endeavor thus far...

Patiently awaiting nice news as soon as possible ^^"

4. Joseph A. Rose

Joseph A. Rose

Cool! What tool did you use to get your hands on the models from extracting assets from Sonic Jam?

5. Lostgame

Lostgame

turntablist, dinosaur goddess Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    I've been wanting this for time. Please update us! <3

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Actually curious, are there any rolling or spin dash leftovers hidden in Sonic Jam's engine? Or any early Adventure stuff? Or was most of it stripped away?

If not I wonder if Sonic 3D Blast's special stage roll could be ported over to Jam assuming they use the same engine?

7. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I am watching eagerly for developments on this. A future where the models and their animations get exported is all I can dream about.

8. Starman

Starman

I haven't done a lot of digging into the actual engine code yet. I'm still trying to figure out the assets, specifically helping MarmitoTH write his tools to export the models, and trying to wrap my mind around the music sequencer. I do know that the curling/uncurling animations from 3D Blast are present in the game though, despite being unused. Assuming there isn't anything already, I'd bet we could port the roll over, though depending on how it was done in 3D Blast it may need some retooling to work in a fully 3D environment, as opposed to the linear special stages.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List