don't click here

Sonic Jam Official Guide

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Black Squirrel, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Something better than a "isn't Sonic good/bad/whatever":

I regularly haunt archive.org for useful wiki material. Today there was a big upload, and now I can present a digitised version of Sonic Jam Official Guide:

https://retrocdn.net/File:SonicJamOfficialGuide_Book_JP.pdf
    (!!!)

This is a fairly extensive guide book for the Sega Saturn game, Sonic Jam, and by extension, guides for Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles. Much of the foundations of the Sonic Retro wiki were based on the teachings of this book - names for things, comments from developers, weird miscellaneous facts, etc. But there wasn't a copy online, so many of the smaller details were missing (if they were even understood). And of course, without references nothing could be verified (see: the many Japanese -> English translations) - now it can.

Everything in this book should be mirrored on the wiki in some form. You should volunteer etc.

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • List
  2. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    OH MY GOD

3. RDNexus

RDNexus

Great find! Hopefully, there's stuff to add to the Wiki and to feed more discussions among fans.

4. Linkabel

Linkabel

I believe those scans are by own Scotty that he did a year ago, are they not?

That's where people have been getting some facts like Sonic's sneezing was a spider sense etc etc. I also think he might've made a thread about it but not sure if I'm confusing it with something else he scanned.

5. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Well if it's been lost in a sea of forum posts, that very much proves the point I keep making.

The one about putting everything on the wiki.

But we have a version now, and that's what counts ;)