don't click here

Sonic Jam model in...

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Dude, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Since sadx came out, I've heard requests of people who wish they could use older sonic models in sadx. Well here you go:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download

A dreamcast version of this is possible, but I am lazy.

2. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    You deserve a freaking medal.

Now I want DX PC.

3. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Hey, that's pretty cool.

Would it be possible to get Tails in too? Or maybe the other characters using models from Sonic R?

4. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Only Tails. These are just the models from Sky Chase on the DC version, there's only a Sonic and Tails in that.

5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Now THAT is cool, fantastic work Dude, hacking for SADX gets better and better =D (Psst, give him shorter legs though =P)

6. Thats really cool, get rid of the gloss and edit the textures to be more like Jam/Sonic R and its good to go :P

7. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    So deserved; so awarded.
    [​IMG]

8. Hahahaha, that's just awesome. Seconding the whole lower res textures, though.

9. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    I searched for my SADX CD for like 30 minutes just to test this out. And even though I always disliked Sonic's model in Jam, I need to say WTFAWESUM.

Edit: Sorry that I lied before. I made this post while I was installing the game. Now as I tried it out the game chrashed as soon as I entered the character select. Is this not working with the EU version?

10. Woofmute

Woofmute

stuck in ram Member
    turning into a dreamcast
    To make an older looking Knuckles, couldn't you use the rag doll Knuckles?

11. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    I just now dusted off my old Sonic R(PC) CD-ROM, anyone want to try and convert model data from that?

12. It looks great, but the longer legs and arms as well as the green eyes make it still feel more new style than old. Oh and his dark blue skin, no idea why.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That's nice that you managed to accomplish this, unfortunately retro or not I still feel like the Sonic Jam model was shit. I applaud you for the accomplishment though.

Now port the Sonic Unleashed model from the 360 into this game and maybe then I would show a bit more enthusiasm.

14. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    What are you out of your mind? It's ugly as sin. I'm surprised people actually requested something like this.

But alas, an achievement is an achievement, I suppose. I won't try to tear down your work, I'm just amazed at how people think such a spiky and terrible looking thing looks good. :psyduck:

edit: wait a tick, I missed Dark Sonic's post and practically just paraphrased what he said. :(

15. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    Funny, I just installed SADX PC. Time to give this a try.

16. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Maybe it looks better in motion or I'm just dumb or something, but it just looks like the Jam model's head on the SADX model's body. =/

17. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Aesthetically it looks pretty bad, but how it was done technically is pretty cool.

18. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I love the fact that you implemented the head (<33333), but the rest of the body seems rather unfitting for it, and so do the textures (as it does look like Sonic R/Jam Sonic's head on SADX Sonic's body). Although the eye and fur deal could be easily fixed with quick picture editing tools and the PVM editor, the body shape would probably be overall much better if it was Sonic's body used from SA1DC and not the DX version.

Still a great achievement nonetheless. Now, time to import the Unleashed model. :specialed:

19. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Now time to stop saying the word import because that isn't what this is. It's just moving it from another file in the game, which looks really odd because he didn't even port everything.

20. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    I'm pretty sure it's the DC body, not the SADX body. The textures are actually what was used in SA1 during Sky Chase, so that's why it looks like it does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.