don't click here

Sonic High Force

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by vladikcomper, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vladikcomper

vladikcomper

Tech Member
    Sonic Warped
    This is my first hack, with it, I had a lot of adventures. So I had no way, just to create this topic.

This is Sonic 1 Hack.
    Features:
    - New Level Layouts (first five levels)
    - Spin Dash (using S2 Animation)
    - Sonic Top Speed Increased
    - New Music
    - Chaos Emerald in the second act of each zone
    - Special Stages disabled
    - SBZ and LZ can be played only through Level Select Menu

Changes from v.0.7 to v.0.75
    - Spin Dash now uses S2 Animation, some bugs fixed
    - New MZ palette
    - SYZ palette fixed
    - MZ1 and MZ3 layouts fixed (MZ3 still not finished though)
    - ReadMe.txt added with Nineko credited

Screens:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

News:
    - The next version possible will be the final release, so it won't come soon.

English Version Screen:
    [​IMG]

Download:
    [Version 0.75]
    http://vladikcomper.narod.ru/download/Soni...hForce_v075.zip - Russian Version
    [Version 0.7]
    http://vladikcomper.narod.ru/download/Soni...ghForce_v07.zip - Russian Version
    http://vladikcomper.narod.ru/download/Soni...orce_v07_en.zip - English Version

2. Russian version? (I speak russian well, can somewhat read it, can't write. Damn, what time does to your brain =P)

Great job! I really like the emerald monitor, and what you did with sonic's palette. Unfortunately I'm on a horrible connection and can't download squat.

3. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Ahahaha! I laughed when I saw the Cyrillic text - I've never seen that done before. Otherwise it's pretty decent for a first hack and all, I like the fact that rather than making it into a whole new game it's more of just a "remixed" one, but you still have a lot of work to do - especially two things.

1) spindash animation. make it look like a regular spindash, it looks a lot nicer that way. It makes me think it's gonna function like the SCD spindash, but it's actually the Sonic 2/3 style one, but with a weird animation.
    2) percussion. the non-melodic parts of your music are virtually non-existent.

The level designs could also be better, but that can wait for now.

4. British Gaijin

British Gaijin

Go play Nier. Member
    Great Britain, UK
    The EscapeRoute Show
    Apart from a few oddly placed 128x128s here and there, so far, it ain't bad. Certainly much better than anything I've made hack-wise in the last five hundred years.

5. RandomAvatarFan

RandomAvatarFan

Sonic Slide and Punch! Member
    Yozora
    I love what you did with the Cyrillic alphabet. Not so much with the layouts though, that could use some work.

I do have a question though... your emerald monitor seems to work the same way the s box code in my hack works. Does it give an emerald or just the super powers?

6. vladikcomper

vladikcomper

Tech Member
    Sonic Warped
    Just powers. But I think I can make it give an emerald, but then I'll have to remove Special Stages at all.
    Though emeralds change nothing in Sonic1, just the ending.

OK. I'll do it.

As for layouts and music, I'll be working on them.

ADDED:
    Update!
    Meet a real English version of the hack!
    Tittle cards and Level Select menu are now in English. As in Russian version, level tittles don't use "Zone" word. But there are still some Russian labels.
    Screen:
    [​IMG]
    Download link is the same:
    http://vladikcomper.narod.ru/download/Soni...orce_v07_en.zip
    Oh, and sorry for tittle cards, they are terrible. :)

7. Soselocke

Soselocke

MEEP MEEP MEEP Banned
    I really like this. I love the idea of incorporating another language into the game — it makes the game feel so much more foreign and fresh. It's also fun putting all those Cyrillic letters together and translating the text to find out what it says, haha.

8. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    256x256s. :P

9. NHY

NHY

Hey man, sorry if I came off as a prick on the other topic, it was just my natural reaction, I guess I tend to act like the rest of the herd when prompted and its a bit hypocritical of me, considering I've never created or have no plans on creating a hack myself! So I played it through it again so that I could be a bit more objective.

Firstly, I was impressed by the Russian translation, I know it might not be big a deal to you but I've never seen the hud or otherwise translated into another language before so my hats off to you there. I prefer if you left it untranslated, there is just something that gets lost in the English version.

The spin dash should definitely be tweaked to resemble Sonic CD's dash more, it might be better that way, mainly from a purists stand point.

The layouts were OK, but I didn't like grass fields in mid air, if you know what I mean. I didn't like getting 100 rings from a turn pipe either, these seem like newbiesh things to do. In other words, they need a lot of work.

Music ports, not bad but definitely could be worked on, especially the invincibility music.

So, that's just my 2 cents, good luck with the rest of the hack and tell your own community I said sorry.

10. Shibunoa

Shibunoa

Banned
    Italy
    Sorry if I was too harsh, as well.

11. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    Zdravstvuj! I tried your hack, and I can say it's pretty good. It's nice to see remastered versions of old zones and stuff. =P
    As the others said though, there are a few stuff you should improve on. Keep up the good work and stuff.
    And yay, I could read the Russian word for "castle". Zámok. : D

One more thing, could you possibly make Sonic at least a little bit slower? He's heaps too fast. xD;

12. vladikcomper

vladikcomper

Tech Member
    Sonic Warped
    I decided to make it look like S2 Spin Dash.

I personally like high speeds, I know some levels are bad to walk through so fast, but it's better to make good layouts than slowing Sonic.
    Though if Sonic takes an emerald, he'll be uncontrolable. xD
    Well, I really have to make levels easier.

Wow, so many people know Russian. xD

I was harsh, too. Sorry.
    So that bad story is over, let's forget about it.

13. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I like this hack, especially the layout for GHZ2 with the floating platforms. But I do agree with everyone else on Sonic's spindash sprite, and of course the music does need a bit more work. Other than that, I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve for this hack. ^^

14. Kresjah

Kresjah

Norway
    Sonic 1 Levels [unnamed]
    I took a quick (but not so thorough) play of the hack. Looks quite good so far.

As for the spindash that everyone talks about, I had the impression from that other topic that you didn't want it to look like the S2 spindash. What seems to be the problem with the current version is that he hovers above ground while revving up, so the sprite should be moved down to match the ground height. Also, the spinning is simply to slow... the speed of the animation needs to be increased. I think double speed of the current animation would look ok.

15. Tongara

Tongara

Fuck YOU! Banned
    Birmingham, UK
    Zorbtech Productions
    This is fantastic. English speaking communities and european communities coming together, showing some of the best talent around the globe. Now, if only other countries would do the same...

16. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
  17. vladikcomper

vladikcomper

Tech Member
    Sonic Warped
    I'll try to fix it.

As for spindash, I'll definitely add S2 Spin Dash animation and fix bugs.

New version of the hack will be released soon. I just show some changes.
    New MZ pallete:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It's uncompleted and need some work, especially the clouds.

18. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    This sunset palette is really nice, I like :)

19. British Gaijin

British Gaijin

Go play Nier. Member
    Great Britain, UK
    The EscapeRoute Show
    Whoops, my bad.

I like how those new pallettes are coming along, keep up the good work.

20. vladikcomper

vladikcomper

Tech Member
    Sonic Warped
    New version comes out!
    It took me so long to make it, but there are few changes. Unfortunately, I had big problems with porting Spin Dash, so I just could add S2 Animation and fix some bugs.
    Here is list of changes:
    - Spin Dash now uses S2 Animation, some bugs fixed
    - New MZ palette
    - SYZ palette fixed
    - MZ1 and MZ3 layouts fixed (MZ3 still not finished though)
    - ReadMe.txt added with Nineko credited
    Download:
    http://vladikcomper.narod.ru/download/Soni...hForce_v075.zip
    Again, Russian only. There won't be English version this time, because with these changes (I mean Spin Dash and some my ASM edits) I have to make a new translation. Next version possible will be the final release, so it won't come soon, but I promise to translate it to English and maybe even French (though I'm unsure, because I know French bad) ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.