don't click here

Sonic Heroes E3 build (Gamecube) up for grabs!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ashthedragon, Aug 23, 2014.

1. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Hi all,

I found a guy that owns a Sonic Heroes E3 build for Gamecube. I talked to him and convinced him to dump it and release it, but neither him not me know how to dump NR disks. Can anyone help? Is the E3 gamecube buid already dumped? I've not followed the gamecube-xbox-ps2 onwards game beta releases very closely.

If anyone knows how, please contact me. I've the guy's email and we can sort something out.

---------------------------EDIT-----------------

Ok! So after negotiating with this guy, he is willing to sell us the proto for 400$ ( plus 10$ shipping). After talking with Orengefox, we're decided the best is to start a donation pool to buy it. So..any contribution will be appreciated!

You can send money by paypal to [email protected] . We've also found a trustworthy member who is able to dump it, so if we get the money, we will have this little one dumped and preserved for all the community :)/>/>/>/> Let's work all together to achieve this!

-------------------EDIT----------------

We got the money and the proto it's on it's way to the person who is dumping it! :D Thanks everyone!!!

----------------------------Update-------------------------
    Finally! Due to technical issues it has taken a long time, but I'm happy to announce that the beta is dumped and ready to be released! Our trustworthy retro member who dumped it says it's a good dump.

To run this Gamecube Sonic Heroes E3 Beta you need a Development version of Dolphin emulator, as It won't run on retail Gamecube's or Wii's, or regular Dolphin builds.
    It was tested on Dolphin 4.0-7582 but should run on newer development versions too.
    You can download Dolphin 4.0-7582 it here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/a47bbee02a3d8f6f585961c15ba9e6727a64df49/?nocr=true

There are two versions of the ISO. A trimmed one, that should be enough to run it and play ( have not tested it myself, none of my PC's are able to run Dolphin), and the full one for research where the hidden cool stuff should be.

You can download both here.

Thanks to all the people who donated, Orenge Fox who helped me a lot since this is the first time I do something like this and to the mysterious retro member who dumped it.

It would have been impossible without all of you. So enjoy it!

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I don't remember if it already was dumped, but we have the Xbox build. It's how we go some of those production soundtracks we released two years ago.

3. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    I may have a way to do this.

4. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    I remember there being a Sonic Heroes E3 build for the Gamecube that got sold off long ago. I did wonder what became of that disc after all this time. Now that we know where it ended up, it's nice to know its current owner is willing to share it to the public thanks to ashthedragon (well done).

And no, the Sonic Heroes E3 build for the Gamecube has never been dumped. Although we do have a Sonic Heroes E3 build for the Xbox, I still think we should get the Sonic Heroes E3 build for the Gamecube dumped. For one, it might have some information that might not be in the Xbox version. Plus, it's another prototype under our belt.

I think I know what Nik has in mind in which case, it'll be more straight forward than say using a very specific optical drive.

5. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    CleanRip is available for GameCube, but you need some way to load homebrew, e.g. USB Gecko. You also need a storage device, e.g. the GCN SD adapter.

6. Tanks

Tanks

From what I've been told (via Gerb) debug Gamecubes may work, but would require something along the lines of an SD Gecko in order to run a dumping program. They're relatively inexpensive looks like (last in stock if someone wants to grab it quick). Whoever does, they'd need to use a program called CleanRip and it should dump to SD. (If I remember there may also be a way to network dump too, but that may require a LAN adaptar...)

We don't have a lot of experience with dev-GCs, but, in theory, this is the best bet.

7. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Thanks for all the comments! I'll tell him to use Gecko, he is a Nintendo dev so he probably has something like that. if not, anyone here is willing to dump it themselves if I convince the guy to send it over?

8. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    New info. The guy is willing to sell it, but is quite afraid of dumping it. He asks 400$ for it. Might be time for a retro community money raiseup? I could chip around 200, but only when I get my next paycheck in a few weeks and I don't have a way to rip it anyways, so I'll prefer it to be sent to someone here who can

9. Couldn't just about anyone dump it with a Homebrew Channel-enabled Wii and CleanRip?

10. Tanks

Tanks

No, NRs are dev-GC only hence why this is so complicated. :/

11. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Ok! So after negotiating with this guy, he is willing to sell us the proto for 400$ ( plus 10$ shipping). After talking with Orengefox, we're decided the best is to start a donation pool to buy it. So..any contribution will be appreciated!

You can send money by paypal to [email protected] . We've also found a trustworthy member who is able to dump it, so if we get the money, we will have this little one dumped and preserved for all the community :) Let's work all together to achieve this!

12. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    ash, I just sent $15 to you; I hope it helps :) Well done on managing to find this game.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Ugh, why do these come at the worst times for me?! I wanna help ;_;

Anyways, good luck guys I know we can get this. btw, do we still have the Xbox ver. E3 build around?

14. Can't you use a Wii + Homebrew to dump it? :S I don't have any money to donate unfortunately. Best of luck!

15. kazblox

kazblox

Diassemblies and decompilations.
    Don't you even read the whole hubbub, sonny?

16. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Donations are starting to come, Thanks Jen and SWTJ for donating! :D

17. kazblox

kazblox

Diassemblies and decompilations.
    D'oh, wish I can donate some $25 out of my $200, but I'm saving it all for something else! :( Good luck on getting the $410 though. Hope we find some goodies in here that differ from the Xbox E3 Build aswell!

18. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    Let's help ashthedragon out here folks. For those of you who already have, thank you for your contributions.

Like ashthedragon said, the plan of attack will be to get as many donations in possible. ashthedragon will look into how much she can actually chip in herself.

Since ashthedragon was the one who found this GC Sonic Heroes E3 disc and made contact with the owner, she should be the only one talking to this guy.

Once we have enough donations, ashthedragon will send the money over via PayPal to this guy and will have the GC Sonic Heroes E3 disc shipped out to the person who will be dumping it.

And yes we do have a trustworthy member here on Retro who can dump this disc for us and knows exactly how to go about it. I can't say who for privacy reasons but I have full trust in this person let's put it to you that way.

Having spoken to ashthedragon, I have full trust in her and all. She knows what she's doing so I'll leave her to it.

Like I said before, I remember finding this disc on eBay awhile back but had already been sold off. Thinking we probably missed our only chance to ever get this disc, we've lucked out and have been given one more chance.

So let's not let this slip, otherwise we may never see it again.

19. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Yup! Thanks orengefox for the support :) We already have 35$ dollars from Jen and SWTJ donations. Any help will be greatly appreciated! if you cant donate, tell your friends, information is good too.

Thanks everyone!

20. NioZero

NioZero

ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I just sent USD$15.- Good luck with the proto...