don't click here

Sonic Hackers

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by JcFerggy, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Lately with me working on adding support for Sonic Crackers with a few utilities, it got me inspired to start working on a hack. Basically, it is just a art hack so far, maybe soon with a few palettes, and maybe some new level art.

So far I don't have much, but what I do have, I will show.

[​IMG]
    I edited the title splash screen, to make it look more Sonic 2 styled, and the hud Chaotix styled.

[​IMG]
    I have remade the Sonic Cd springs, but with red replacing yellow, and blue replacing red. I also have edited the standing sprite to look Sonic 2 styled.

[​IMG]
    Lastly so far, I have changed the yellow on the pause screen to a striped green one.

I will be making more updates, so check back often.

2. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    It's nice to see people working on Crackers, but it really needs level edits rather than graphic edits. The beta's only barely playable.

3. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Hacks like these really inspire me to port the Crackers levels, and possibly the combi band, to Sonic 2 or something like that. Of course I'd be way in over my head.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Someone do something useful with Crackers D: If someone could complete that game, they'd be fantastic.

Almost seems easier to port Sonic Crackers stuff to like Sonic 2 or something.

5. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Seconded.

We really need a working straightforward version of Crackers first that doesn't change any original gfx of the game.
    It should simply look as if it was completed.

6. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Crackers Delta anyone?

7. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    I fully endorse this post.

8. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Yes, I made this suggestion as well a few weeks ago, but I think Esrael is too busy with his Zero hack for the moment.

9. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I actually like the original Crackers sprites. :P

I also endorse making Crackers playable instead of a proof of concept. As far as I'm concerned, the dismembered arms, gameplay, and time limit need to be fixed.

I want to see the combi system ported to Sonic 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.