don't click here

Sonic Generations - we still haven't played it

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    This made me laugh.

2. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Yeah hes sorta "plush toy" cute XD

3. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    IMO he looks cute, but not "d'awwwwwww" cute, I'll stick with my opinion that classic Sonic works best with hand drawn, 2D artwork while modern Sonic works best with 3D models.

I still think that classic Sonic model is good, but IMO it doesn't fit a 3D look as well as modern Sonic, I guess I'll get used to 3D classic Sonic eventually.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I'm gobsmacked, never saw this coming. Has this design been used significantly in a Sega trailer since the late 90s? Absolutely loving this - and if they're being as nitpicky as even re-doing the eyelid colour, I think we should put a little faith in this. =P

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hmm? Looks like his ears have a similar shape to those in the old US covers. Funny.

(nitpicking begins)

6. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    The game being in the pipework before Sonic 4 and Classic Sonic being in the game before Sonic 4 aren't necessarily the same thing, mind you. They could have been discussing fan feedback and someone came up with a brilliant idea to include Classic Sonic in that other nostalgiagasm game they had planned for next year, and someone else decided to make it happen. Who knows?

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I'm so happy I didn't come here first and have the surprise ruined. There is really nothing I can say that hasn't already been said but....oh my god it's classic Sonic! I CAN NOT believe this! I did not expect this at all, this is just too muchahhhhhhhhhhhhhhmybonesaremelting

8. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    If they did use this design in Sonic 4, it would've been nice, but then we'd all still be complaining about how it's a less-than-stellar rehash of old Sonic zones built on the Rush engine with lots of automated boosting and bouncing, but that's a whole 'nother topic I'd rather not get into here. It wouldn't have mattered if Sonic 4 was made the way it was made.

EDIT: Now, that they're doing this NOW with this game in particularly, and in such a bombastically delicious teaser fashion, is a great way to start the marketing for the game! But then Sonic 4 started out with a brilliant marketing presentation too, and so did Colors. Sonic 4's was just waaaaaaaay too protracted and then there was the bait-and-switch and ffffffffuuuuuuu. Colors' was far less marketed and snuck in under the radar, and ended up being even more exciting because of its content and the marketing thereof. My point is we don't know what this is yet other than SEGA acknowledging that they've been listening and they refuse to hide behind bullshit excuses like, "Oh well we wanna stay consistent with the models n' stuff so no we're not bringing that old one you guys like so much back."

9. Gunner112k

Gunner112k

Catch Thirty-Three Oldbie
    It took them only 12 years to recognize classic Sonic in the modern games.

Congratulations, SEGA. Your delusioned head is slowly, but surely pulling out your ass.

10. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Finally reached this far again. I did notice the eyelids and eyes, but not the shoe soles. That's some detail right there SEGA. Looking at it... just the tail's lenght and thickness seems to be out of model from classic.

11. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    The Eggman Theme has been present in both Unleashed and Colours, so it's probably sticking as a theme song for as long as the same sound team are working on the games, the trailer probably confirms their involvement in the game, so expecting an orchestral Green Hill cover. I think Jun Senoue once said that there should be a Sonic theme song that sticks around too, but we'll see what happens.

12. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Me, he's really cute. I think Sega did an excellent job of capturing Classic Sonic.

You just wanna pinch that belly.

13. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    What in the name of the All Spark?

I don't know what to think about this. I don't even know what to WANT from this. I mean sure, there's always Super and Metal Knuckles, but like hell that's gonna happen.

Call me back in June I guess.

14. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    The initial excitement is wearing off, and all for the better. It's not a huge announcement. It's a huge teaser. We know how great SEGA is with teasers and trailers and whatnot. All I know is I don't want to keep coming back to this thread if I see people talking about the model with any sentiment or focus other than a temporary HOLY SHIT FUCKING COOL AWESOME THANKS SEGA HOPE THE GAME DOESN'T SUCK.

EDIT: On that note, can someone change the title of the thread? We don't need to emphasize what happened with Sonic 4 anymore, and we don't know if this game is indeed called Sonic Generations.

15. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie

16. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    I just read elsewhere that it is indeed called Sonic Generations, perhaps someone may link an official source of confirmation?

17. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    They did name the domain Sonic-Generations, it'd be silly to name it that if the game itself is going to be named something else... unless that's standard practice in web domain registration...

18. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I'm really thinking that they should've set back Sonic 4 a few months to a year, and released Episode I after or nearing the release of this just for the sake of being able to include Classic Sonic in that without spoiling the surprise of this game. I feel like now that SEGA have finally decided to put the classic design in a 3D game, it's almost inappropriate for Sonic 4 as we know it now to feature new Sonic exclusively.

19. Gen

Gen

This is halloween! This is halloween! Member
    The Mobius Engine
    In lieu of this recent release of a teaser for "Sonic Generations", I thought I'd chime in with the most comprehensive posting on what to expect from the game.

I think it'll suck balls. Absolute balls. Big, hairy, sweaty, balls. Like, balls that make you go "holy fucking shit dude, what's up with the scrote fro dawg?".

First off, holy shit, normal mapping!?!?!?!/1/1/1 WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY SMOKING, THIS ISN'T CLASSIC SONIC AT ALL! Who the fuck does sega think they are, using normal mapping in a classic environment!
    [​IMG]
    That shit's just fucking unacceptable, bro.

Next, now I know that this is just a CGI trailer, but come on SEGA, dark patches in lighting!?
    [​IMG]
    WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?
    Also, two Sonics!?
    [​IMG]
    Clearly this can only lead to...
    [​IMG]
    Obviously, SEGA must be pushing some gay pro-furry agenda here to our kids.

tl;dr
    Gay sex all night.

Copyright me 2011 pls don't steal oh god suddenly dicks everywhere etc.

20. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    You sir, are a deeply unfunny man.

Seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.