don't click here

Sonic Generations - we still haven't played it

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ancara

ancara

I just had another thought.....

If we get Modern and Classic Sonic, then probably the same could be said of the docs....

We'd first see Modern Eggman, then Classic Robotnik......

.....followed by AoStH Robotnik bursting through the walls in his Egg-o-Matic.

I'd die laughing.

2. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I don't give a shit about the classic model. More importantly, Sonic is rolling, he's fucking rolling. That enthuses me more than anything else.

I admit I let out a "holy shit" at classic Sonic though. Certainly did not expect it. The model looks good and somewhat faithfull. A bit weird on the eyebrow ridge, but that's a problem I always had with it.

Now, to backread the thread. Happens every single time.

3. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Retro may be full of cynical misanthropes (at least with regards to Sonic) or what have you, but we sure love to hype our new games to high heavens.

...which is probably why we're cynical misanthropes, actually.

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Except he isn't the same as in that art. Not when you compare the parts highlighted there. I'm not complaining either way. I love Classic Sonic regardless.

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Let's not nitpick and scrutinize. Let's just....appreciate it for what it is.

6. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    Quoted for truth.

We received our wish, let us enjoy it.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Hahaha, I'm not nitpicking anything here. Just observations. Nitpicking is when you make a deal of little things. We're all just enjoying ourselves right now.

8. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    I know I know. I just wanted to nip it in the bud. It's all fun and games until someone's nerd-ego gets hurt.

9. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    (And eyebrows appear in all decent Sonic art and aren't an American invention)

I think the classic Sonic model looks fine, considering... there hasn't really been one before. Or at least, not one this century with a high-ish polygon count. I don't recall ever seeing a fan-made model that beats the one in that trailer, and it looks significantly better than the "modern" Sonic one.

I wouldn't complain.

10. libertyernie

libertyernie

502 Bad Gateway Member
    Do you think this will get a PC port? The only console I own is a Wii.

11. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    I fangasm'd when I watched this. It is glorious.

I hope this isn't another "Sonic only playable" game though. What's the point of having such a diverse and vast cast of characters if you're only using one of them? Classic/Modern Tails, Knuckles and Amy would be great, maybe some of the characters who haven't had much exposure lately would be a good idea.

DLC character packs would be pretty awesome. Cream in Green Hill would be quite epic.

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Cream in Green Hill? I dunno if I'd describe that as...epic. Amusing, perhaps...

13. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    I'm just excited to see SEGA finally acknowledge that sticking with only one design isn't such a big fucking deal, and that you can't make any exceptions in future games. They just went

BAM!

and there's our Classic Sonic we all loved and wanted since Project Needlemouse was first announced. That's it! He's there, and we're all happy. Moving on.

Cave Johnson. We're done here.

[​IMG]

What was retarded about it? You don't seriously expect everyone to be jizzing over this, as cool as it looks, do you? Especially MTV of all crowds?

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    It's a teaser trailer doing what teaser trailers do. Calling this one out is like singling out a grain of sand in the Sahara Desert.

15. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Why couldn't they use this design for Sonic 4? I'm excited to see him in this, however it would have made much sense for them to use this model if they were going to be assed enough to make one anyway.

16. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Again, this might have been a design choice made after the Sonic 4 backlash, for all we know.

17. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    $10 says that Sonic Team will somehow make 06's Eggman theme fit in this, and I wouldn't mind if they did.

18. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    I've made some important critical observations:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Litmus testing is currently underway.

19. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Ritz, I love you.

Anyone else still going all gooey with "d'awwwwww" anytime they see pudgy Sonic running? <3

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I'd guess because this was in the pipework long before Sonic 4. Classic Sonic here is the most special thing about the game (right now it's the only thing even =P). Having him in S4 would have totally muted the significance of this.

I will admit though, Sonic 4 did totally kill any and all hope of Classic Sonic ever appearing again. Glad to see I was wrong.

@ Jaytextee: I still go d'aww every time I look at my F4F Sonic statue. Seeing him actually return in motion in a game is a different story is that to a whole new level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.