don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    That was a terrible issue. Easily one of the worst written issues in the comic, and that is probably saying a lot. The team-up in Generations should be the exact opposite of the comic's in that they should be both bumbling, but intimidating and doing what they do best, making robots of mass destruction.

2. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    I never played it. We do have a Wii, but I normally don't waste my money on Wii games as I get bored of it too quick. Plus, it did look a bit pants.

3. HeartAttack

HeartAttack

is a smug hipster, brah! Member
    Cali
    This. You know how they like to do things - build up all this suspense, and then just drop something on us like "OMG ITS DR. ROBOTNIK CHECK IT OUT GUAISE!!!!!"

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That would be awesome as well. And would even make sense, since Classic's last appearance in videogame form was precisely Segagaga, where it's shown how Alex gets replaced by him.

5. nicko

nicko

Look Alike
    University
    Heres a bit of a farfetched theory but oh well

Anyway what if m.sonic was chasing eggman and eggman traps sonic in this device to send him to a different time period. While c.sonic chases robotnik and robotnik does the same thing and attempts to send c.sonic to another time peroid thus causing a time paradox which sends both sonics to a new time. Where eggman and robotnik rule it and classic and modern sonic have to defeat them to bring things back to normal

sounds stupid but could happen

6. Did someone ask for something like THIS earlier?

[​IMG]

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    If I see someone bring up those god damn textures again I will suspend you for a week.

8. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Hey, that's pretty good! You should have a Creative Works topic.

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    That Sonic is a little too dirty for my taste. Could be a lot cleaner. Smudged edges on him everywhere too.

Overall, it's lovely. Wish we had some larger assets to work with for larger resolutions.

10. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Were these posted yet?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sonic looks fucking perfect.

11. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Probably already said a billion times but it took me forever to notice this, so there. Tt looks like they actually managed to take us seriously when everyone pointed at the Sonic Fan Remix as how it's supposed to be done... and then decided to rip off the idea from Mega Man Universe sortakinda.

So if physics don't suck and level design is good, we may actually have a good game on our hands. Of course, till it is released and reviewed I will hold on to the Mega-64 Sonic Sucks policy.

12. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    I'm not really excited about this but the graphics and art direction are really attractive. One thing I am excited for is the prospect that every hackingfag on this site will be ripping those models like mad. Can't wait to see what comes of that.

I haven't been keeping up with this aside from three videos I saw but I heard something about the Dreamcast era being involved? If that's true, that'll be the one thing to get me to care. Sonic's levels in SA1 were how I've always thought Sonic should play in 3D. Sure, they were short, linear hallway levels but they still had potential, and you weren't going 200 miles per hour. (Which is way too fast for me, makes it too hard to precision platform.)

Now, if only they'd show me a classic Tails, then I might care a bit more. :specialed: (And some Sonic 3-ish co-op. Why hasn't that been revived yet? >_>)

Also, just a quick, hardly relevant note that I instantly thought of when I saw this trailer, but now that this is coming, what's happened to Sonic 4? SEGA can't possibly hope to successfully pitch the nostalgia act with Sonic 4 now that fans have their classic Sonic in a much better looking environment.

13. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Sonic Generations: Retro edition. 100% Classic Sonic with Dust Hill Zone in 3D. :v:

Also why hasn't anyone made a Down Syndrome Sonic edit from C. Sonic's render yet.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I've said this before but Classic Sonic's eyes are really bugging me. The shine being on the bottom right makes it look like a pupil, which it's not.

My goodness this is the most pixel fag I've ever been, but I want mah classic Sonic looking as good as possible for his triumphant return.

15. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I love his balancing poses so much. Even then he maintains adorableness. <3

Also, are those S3K/CD poses I see?

16. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I really hope he is here to stay...

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Because I will suspend you on the spot if you dare to even post it in this thread.

18. I read this and interpreted it as such:

"Me and some others don't like Sonic Colours. Could you stop complimenting it please?"

The praise doesn't 'need to end'. If you disagree, more power to you, but asking people to stop complimenting a game they liked is a bit futile, surely?

19. TeriosLP

TeriosLP

United States
    Let's Play Sonic 4 Episode 1/Sonic Colors
    I can't wait for this game. I absolutely loved the engines in Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors! Not only that, but mixed in with Retro Sonic!? This game is gonna be boss! Can't wait for it's release!

20. I certainly cannot wait for this game..... I so hope we see classic Dr. Robotnik and not to mention Metal Sonic!

After watching the trailer and game footage I still think back to the Mushroom Hill Zone video that was done a while back. So the question is does Sonic Generations come close or surpass this fanEPIC video.

And another thought came to mind...... I hope Sega does a collectors edition that features on another disc include all Sonic titles: Master System, Genesis, GameGear, Arcade, SegaCD, Saturn, and Dreamcast. All for $100.00 and in a really nice Sega/Sonic blue box.... To quote George Takei "Ohhh...My!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.