Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    But is the Genesis (with an emulator) version or the PC version?

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

Atomic Sonic Part II
    Genesis version.

People would actually give two shits if the Saturn version was released digitally.

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Like other people, I knew about all of them except for the 3D Blast one. I thought it looked familiar, but I never thought they'd reference anything from that game (that's the only 3D Blast reference that we know of, isn't it?).

It was a nice surprise, like so many stuff from this game.

4. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

shaving is boring Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    hey wiki you're so fine
    The Mega Drive Sonic 3D has been available on the Wii's Virtual Console since late 2007.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    When you move the control stick around in the air after a rainbow ramp or a rainbow ring, Sonic will do some tricks in the air to fill his boost meter.

Also secret achievements? How odd usually those never exist.

6. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Misfit
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    There were a couple in Unleashed, but yeah, this is the most I've ever seen. This is a good thing.

7. Wow that's a lot of Secret achievements. And considering the main 'obvious' achievements (all red rings, beat all acts) are stated already that really does bring a massive question mark regarding the whole game.

Other things of notice:

>Challenge acts with friends
    >Talk with friends

Are we expecting a hub world at all? I would have thought not given the menu screen's we've got already. I hope it's not that of Wii/PS2's Unleashed menus...

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Honestly I kind of despise secret achievements. You just wander aimlessly figuring it out until you figure out its something ridiculous like "You spindashed, jump, skidded, and died within 3 seconds!"

9. I only like secret achievements if they're the ones which pop up after you reach a certain point in the plot. Really happy when a game does that because then I get the suspense as I usually check out the achievements list after I get my first one for a game. ..I know it could be easily avoided, but still. This way I CAN'T spoil the plot for myself without like.. googling.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That is at least a fair secret achievement.

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    They are probably used to avoid plot spoilers.

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Eggman Suit
    [​IMG]

Creepy, but fits with the Sonic and Super Sonic ones.

13. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Wait, Hard Mode? Interesting...

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The (awesome) Classic Eggman head gets unlocked after defeating the final boss?

That could be a clue on who is behind the Time Eater, hmm.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I guess Hard Mode is like the DLC levels for Unleashed. Which is fine by me, since I was one of the few sadistic fucks that enjoyed the harder versions of the levels.

EDIT: The website that shall not be named has found a French preview that broke the embargo. It explains how hub worlds work and confirms that you can unlock Sonic 1 in the game.

16. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    About skills, based on the Spanish Preview talking about hubs and such here...

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.meristation.com%2Fv3%2Fdes_avances.php%3Fpic%3DPS3%26id%3Dcw4e78c27f8d2de%26idj%3Dcw4d9ddf5b9ad23%26idp%3D%26tipo%3Dart%26c%3D1%26pos%3D0

SSMB Skype Chat has lead us to theorize the skills are equipable, sort of like Secret Rings. We are guessing you can equip a certain amount of skills, like three, before a stage. They mention a Classic Sonic Costume for Modern, which might count as a slot. Also, we theorize maybe this also exists in the 3DS version and the Homing Attack for Classic Sonic is a skill.

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Besides it being baseless speculation, that would be fucking stupid.

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I would actually be very surprised if the Time Eater didn't have something to do with classic eggman being the monster of the day.

19. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Not baseless, the preview I just linked to talks in detail from an almost complete version of the game you buy skills, including jumping higher, running faster, a classic Sonic costume for modern, as well as unlokables such as the original Sonic 1 for MegaDrive and lots of concept art, videos, etc.

I really doubt a Classic Sonic Costume you can buy under "Skills" is permanent, so betting they are optionally equipable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.