Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Misfit
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Oh good, at least it isn't the Death Egg Zone we've come to know and hate from Sonic 4.

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Looks amazing, goodness gracious. Also, Shadow boosting...I shouldn't let myself get hopes up for alternate skins but damn it it's hard not to since he can apparently do that now.

Planet Wisp looks just as fantastic as I was hoping it would. :D

3. I was expecting the S&K version for Death Egg. Oh well. :(

What's the big deal about Shadow having a boost attack?

4. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. It's on now.

5. Shade

Shade

Why is Shadow flying

6. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I guess cause he's boosting or something. Shadow's version of boost = FUCK YOU I CAN FLY.

7. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Wow! That Planet Wisp isn't much of an improvement over the Wii version at all!

Someone left the cake out in the rain
    I don't think that I can take it
    'Cause it took so long to bake it
    And I'll never have that recipe again, oh no

8. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Welp. That's something awesome to see before turning in for the night. = )

From the brief glimpse in the screens; Boss-wise, I'm loving the look of the updated take on SA2's Shadow vs. Sonic battle aboard the ARK. The re-imagining of Sonic 2's Death Egg boss promises to be inventive, as what's going on in the screen bears no resemblance to anything that happens. Cutscene shots look interesting - one very similar to the birthday party shot we've seen previously (a couple of seconds earlier/later, by the looks of things), and the mirror/window shot of Classic and Modern Sonic that looks very nice indeed. Finally, level-wise it's nice to see Planet Wisp, if only briefly. Not really a lot to go on from this one screen, but it looks very nice and I can't wait to see it in motion.

One thing's for sure - the more of this I see, the more I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this when it comes out! = D

9. Sey

Sey

Really? Sonic Team got lucky with Colors, surely, and I do like Sonic 4 for various reasons, but aside from that it's definitely been a bad few years. Advance 2 was poor, 3 was a little better, Rush was really poor and I've yet to play Rush Adventure or Colors DS. The only good games I've seen come from DIMPs are SPA and Sonic Advance 1. Their games may as well be renamed Boost Pads 'n' Buttons: Featuring Sonic the Hedgehog.

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Also, it would seem that supposed cutscene picture is real.

[​IMG]

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I don't think anyone thought it was fake.

12. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness

ALL. MY. FUCKING. MONEY.

Sorry, the 6-10 year old in me just jumped for joy. This is by far the most badass Sonic battle (at least against Shadow) I've ever seen. Just what I hoped; an epic race of death. SEGA, do NOT dissapoint!

That said, all the other screens are spoilerific for anyone who didn't follow this already, and are fantastic in every way. This game I am GETTING.

13. gold lightning

gold lightning

I'm really digging those new shots. Sonic 2's final boss re-imagined in a way that isn't a complete rehash, Planet Wisp looking more beautiful than ever, and I get to beat the shit out of Shadow again? This just keeps getting better and better!

14. Is that our first speed highway screen for the shadow boss fight? Or final rush? Either way. Fan. Tas. Tic. Well done Sega.

15. corneliab

corneliab

Isn't it about time you played some VIDEOGAMES? Member
    Zero Mortals
    That's uh, very clearly the Final Rush-looking boss area that you fight Shadow/Sonic at near the end of SA2's hero/dark scenarios.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That ain't speed highway. I'm thinking that's based off the final Sonic vs. Shadow race battle.

Either way it's looking wonderful. I can't wait to see this in action, and I really hope that the boss tunes get remixed just as the level music has. OMG I'm going to have such a nerdgasm when I get this game it's not even funny

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    This. If you look to the right, you can even see the tunnel the cutscene takes place in.

18. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Hahaha yeah, so true.

Oh wait, you were serious. :|

19. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Planet Wisp's lighting looks very much improved, the Hedgehog engine did wonders with it.

Here's Planet Wisp on Dolphin for comparison. (Probably looks much better on a CRT TV though)
    [​IMG]

And the Generations version, which looks much closer to the CG opening.

[​IMG]

As for Time Eater.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It does resemble a more, kind of organic version of the Egg Nega-Wisp, maybe they are related?

*EDIT* Linked to a better comparison shot *EDIT*

20. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Judging by your new shot, you can see the whole construction site bit was either scrapped or pushed away in favor of terrain hopping in the 3rd dimension, something Colors lacked many a time, and something I'm glad was added.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.