don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acev

Acev

Arizona
    I'm absolutely loving the details put into the game for both Rooftop Run and Seaside Hill. Underwater segments in Seaside Hill would be amazing, and I'm curious as to what that "blimp" in Rooftop Run does.

Also, I wasn't too sure about the 3DS version, but considering it'll have levels like Mushroom Hill, I might have to get this for both consoles. =)

2. FIFE Productions

FIFE Productions

Sonic Retrograde

God forbid.

In response to the Blimp, I wonder if it'll be as eerily loud as it was in S3K?

I'm quite enjoying all these new shots. :)

3. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

[​IMG]

Called it.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It's been forever since that was put in place.

5. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

mini-rant: If they replace it with TSSZ, the link would still be broken. But I don't think you're allowed to tell them how to access that source, because there's a reason this site blocks that source in the first place, and it would be a wise decision to adhere by Retro's views. *cough*

*ahem* That out of the way, these shots look very pixelated. What is the resolution of these shots? Ignoring that, I'm loving the Flying Battery-esque theme the level is taking for Classic, and I'm liking the graphics though there are a lot of nit-picky things analysts will surely have a fit about, like the foilage. Overall, the screens and trailers are making me very happy.

I wonder what Sega's going to do for TGS, that's getting pretty close too. Surely this game will be there.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Wheres my roof tree? :(...

Awesome all awesome I'm floored we got a megabomb of all this press stuff today. Can't wait to blast through seaside hill again and rooftop run looks great and by that comparison shot they improved in it somewhat, do you think this is what sonic team really wanted rooftop run to look like?

Also, what is the big deal with DIMPS copying th classic level stage layouts? not that I'm praising them or anything but shouldn't we be glad we can still blow through the level the same way we did in the classics (Physics exempt) and not some new layout with DIMPS level clichés all over the place?

7. gold lightning

gold lightning

Because if the level layout is no different than before, then I might as well play the original games instead. I'd also get a better experience by doing this because I wouldn't have to put up with the level being raped by horrible physics.

Them not having new layouts is just laziness. I know that it would otherwise likely be replaced with level design that's typical of dimps, but copy/pasting the original layouts that we've been playing for 17-20 years isn't the answer either IMO.

8. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT @ the new screenshots

Underwater sections in Ocean Palace confirmed.

AND FUCKING FLYING BATTERY ZONE IS IN SPAGONIA

holy shit

9. I second you on that, Cooljerk. I'm very excited for this game.

10. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Flying Battery Zone following you through Spagonia is god damn mind blowing.

Holy shit.

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    In b4 autotuning to make Spagonia and Flying Battery remix

12. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I'm not seeing Flying Battery Zone anywhere in those Spagonia shots.

13. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

[​IMG]

14. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    How the hell did I miss that.

Flying Battery Zone for DLC would be fantastic SEGA.

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    It's taken me a while to fully process all of this. My reaction is the same as yours.

Can't wait to see what reason an entire Zone has to crash the Rooftop Run festivities. I can't take much more of this SEGA. My body is not ready. I don't think I've ever felt the need to type that.

I'd take DLC of any stage honestly, but Flying Battery Zone in particular would be stellar.

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

There's another screenshot where Classic Sonic is standing on a platform attached to Flying Battery Zone.

Also, if you watch the trailer from today, you can see this section in Modern Sonic's gameplay where he's dodging barrels while running up a hill, and you can see Flying Battery Zone off in the distance like Sonic is chasing it. Earlier today someone wondered what that flying thing in the sky was, now we know - it's Flying Battery Zone.

17. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    How is that even the Flying Battery Zone? It looks nothing like it. It's probably just some blimp.

18. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    That is a pretty ingenious way of putting more nostalgia into the game.

Stuff like this doesn't make me as sour about the level roster anymore, the other surprises are sure to be just as good.

19. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

I saw people upset that you can't go underwater in modern sonic in Seaside Hill Zone. Why so upset? We already know you can go underwater in Chemical Plant Zone as modern sonic.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

People are upset that you can't go underwater in 3D. All the water sections so far have been 2D, just like they were in Colours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.