don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazee

Crazee

I wouldn't mind seeing something really special, like how Midway included Arcade ports in their PS2 Mortal Kombat titles. Maybe an Arcade perfect port of SegaSonic the Hedgehog?

Aside from that, Genesis packaging is a win. I'd also like a Genesis/Megadrive style controller, for full retro goodness. Knowing us, we'd probably get a collection of Genesis titles people own on 80 different systems, though.

2. snow toilet

snow toilet

I huff kitty litter Member
    Anytime, USA
    Sonic Grand Prix??
    I was really hoping for such stages as Final Rush and/or Meteor Herd for a second level representing the Gamecast era.
    That's definitely something they do need though is such a zone.

Also, in a special edition?

Something similar to what SMAS Wii had, what with a booklet full of concept and the like.
    Maybe a soundtrack to go with it?

That would be an excellent idea.
    That's my idea of the SE.

3. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    I love every level in Sonic Colors, but I am still slightly disappointed that they had to choose the one that was green and had hills. Honestly on what grounds did they single out these levels? Maybe they're planning a sequel made entirely of water and volcano levels.

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    It's unique, but it's weird. Outside of Colors...it's just weird. That's just my opinion, though.

5. snow toilet

snow toilet

I huff kitty litter Member
    Anytime, USA
    Sonic Grand Prix??
    I thought they picked the Whisp Planet because it was the hardest level in Colors.
    No Asteroid Coaster.
    Stage had, possibly, the best piece of music in the games entire soundtrack.
    Remixes of the tracks would've been necessary.

I enjoyed the Whisp Planet because if it's fine use of color.

That could be an excellent idea to base Asteroid Coaster into a mini game utilizing the roller coasters.
    Wonder if something like that, besides CNZ, will be possible.

6. Its also one of the most bland stages in the game. A lot of people tend to complain about the next-gen grit of games that run on Unreal 3 with all the browns and grays, but Sweet Mountain is like a stage in a colorful game with nothing but brown cakes and donut halfpipes everywhere. It doesn't have anything really distinguishing about it, just a gimmicky candy theme. Its just one of those stages where you go through it and it feels like an afterthought.

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I fully agree, I feel like Sweet Mountain was the least visually enticing level in the game, it all seems very muddled.

I am very happy that Planet Wisp is in because of its vibrant colors, fantastic music, and just everything about it. It is most seriously, aesthetically, what a Sonic game should have always looked like in 3D IMO.

8. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    It's not all THAT complicated to do. It just takes an insanely long-ass time to figure out when all you've got are a few hints from people who know far more about it, haha. If you've got a PS3, the ability to set up a PS3-FTP server, and are running Windows, I could make a guide if there's enough interest.

9. MastaSys

MastaSys

Imo, it's possible to make some variety, if Sega really wants to, with the leaked levels
    The Heroes's level it's possible to turn into a Aquatic Ruin style of Level, or Crisis City a fire level, for example.

The Planet Whisp I see quite ideal for the last Zone, it's possible to make it pass as one of Doctor's Bases, akin of Lauch Base, constructed in a green scenary.

10. Planet Wisp is really pretty, but all of Colors' levels are. I still think they made a good choice though, cause Planet Wisp reminds me of Launch Base, and it's got amazing music (but again, so do the other stages).

I really don't think there was any way they could have gone wrong with the Colors level, no matter what they chose. I still cannot wait to see what it looks like running on the 360.

Also, I wish I could play the modern level. I kinda want a PS3, if only for that purpose alone...

11. bolt7

bolt7

I'm willing to learn all of this to try it. Do I need a CFW PS3, though? If so, boo.

You have my hopes up for this now. I pretty much have the same stance on Unleashed and Colours as what you do. =P

Edit - Yeah, had a look online and it seems you need a CFW PS3 to install the .PKG files. Ah well, hopefully SEGA will release a modern Sonic demo at some point anyway.

12. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
  13. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    "Food stage" isn't a trope that's becoming of the series. That sort of thing was always the realm of the second rate platformers who weren't nearly so pure and confident in their art direction, games like Zool and Bubsy or whatever. Granted, the stage had the most appealing color scheme of them all and it was executed really well, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with it being the representative stage for Colors, y'know?

Planet Wisp still has potential left to tap, it was a tad too ambitious for the hardware. I want to see it brought closer to what was shown in the CG opening.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Pretty much this, and I totally agree I can't wait to see what Planet Wisp looks like in HD.

Oh and most importantly that level has, IMO, the most beautiful song ever put into the series. Just imagine how wonderful Sonic Colors in HD would be if it was made by the Unleashed team. It'd probably have been my favorite Sonic game ever

Oh and quick question. Thanks to the power of hacking, does anyone know what exactly those points are for that you get at the end of the level? Like what can you buy with them?

15. Interestingly enough in the SFX files there were sound files for buying things in a store and Classic Sonic has an unlockable homing attack so I presume you can buy abilities maybe.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Unlockable homing attack? I thought that was just a deactivated feature (I was thinking that maybe they just canned it due to Sonic 4 backlash)

17. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Least selling item in the shop. Calling it.

Hope you can buy an Insta-Shield if C.Sonic doesn't already come with it!

18. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Not sure if this has already been said, but I received an email from GAME:

19. Steven M

Steven M

You're insulting Castle and World of Illusion. I can't say I agree with that.

20. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.