don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

I posted a youtube video a few pages back that had the full Sonic 1/2 theme remix and it could be clearly heard, let me see if I can find it.

Here, you can clearly hear it.

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    People are upset that they're not getting Modern Sonic?

I'm sorry but that's just.. selfish. Just be lucky you're getting more than that compilation offer or whatever. :psyduck:

3. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    It sounds wonderful, I really missed that theme. Thanks for bringing that video to my attention.

4. Flare

Flare

Really hoping for an orchestral version like what they did with Sonic's themes in Unleashed and Colo(u)rs.

5. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    am I mad about the lockout date and lack of Modern Sonic/City Escape Zone? (see what I did there?) Nope. I am glad we are getting more than that sale deal. I already got Sonic 1, 2, 4, and Adventure on PSN, and I already got Sonic 1, 2, and Adventure on 360. So I'm glad that someone like me who already has almost everything in that sale still has something to look foward to come tomorrow. Not that I'm planning on playing 1-3K, Adventure 1/2, Some Heroes, 2k6 Demo, Choice Unleased stages, and Choice Colours Stages come afterwork tomorrow, so at least I'll be able to continue further with Generations Demo. ;P

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Sonic Fans:
    >Fuck you Modern Sonic we want Classic Sonic.
    >SEGA gives you Classic Sonic
    >Fuck you Classic Sonic we want Modern Sonic.

:psyduck:

7. Steven M

Steven M

I dunno, it does seem kind of weird to not offer Classic and Modern acts in the demo. Classic. Modern. How do the two compare? That's pretty much the crux (if not the entirety) of the marketing for Sonic Generations up until now, be it official advertising (the trailers emphasising the differences between the two Sonics) or the E3 demo (two acts, attendees and staff explaining the differences in play) or word-of-mouth (pretty much everyone online and off is either raving about Classic Sonic or comparing Classic and Modern). A free demo is sweet as, don't get me wrong, but to only offer one act seems a bit contrary to the entire point of Generations.

TL;DR

8. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Classic Sonic is the biggest selling point of Generations, don't kid yourselves. It makes complete sense why SEGA would only release a demo including him. It's our chance to be SEGA's personal "beta testers" so they can get this shit right.

9. I'm glad we are getting anything at all. I never would've thought of getting a demo wayyy in advance of the actual release of the game. So this is obviously beta? This gives a great opportunity for the public to test it out and SEGA still having a shitload of time to fix stuff to make everyone happy before its release, and a great opportunity to play the demo since I wasn't near any of the events that offered it. It would've been nice to take Modern for a spin, but personally I was buying this game for Classic Sonic gameplay, I already know roundabout how Modern plays. I wanna try reincarnated Sonic!

10. SaviourDCX

SaviourDCX

Oldbie
    Can't wait!

11. ancara

ancara

I just thought of something:

With the PC version, what if it's very likely possible to not only use mods for it, but also be able to pry it open completely to edit levels and stuff with both stuff inside of it as well as adding our own graphics, models, musics and whatever to create our own zones.....or even entire games?

If that was possible, do you know what that means?

Sonic 1 & 2 Game Gear games remastered.

.....a man can dream, can't he? ;_;

12. dsrb

dsrb

Well, from two pages ago:

13. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    So the demo is only Classic Sonic? Bit disappointing, but it's still damn good to be able to try a stage of this game well before its release.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I was really dissapointed when I heard the demo wouldn't have Modern Sonic and that it has a lockout date. I loved replaying the daytime stages in Unleashed.
    Still, can't complain too much, seeing how it's been a while since SEGA released an early demo for a Sonic game and it's free. I still can't wait to try it out.

15. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    It's a shame that the demo locks after a certain amount of time, really. I don't mind that there's no modern Sonic though - I'm much more excited for the classic stages than the modern stages, and to be honest it's just nice to be getting anything at all. Plus, it now means that I won't need to queue for bloody ages at SoS to try this out unless I feel like sampling the modern side of the game on the day =P

16. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

Well, Polygon Jim did say once that the Unleashed engine was easy to mod, not sure how easy compared to, say, the Adventure engine, but I guess the guys will manage it, a remaster of the GG games isn't entirely impossible.

Regarding the demo time limit, if Sega releases a PC version of the demo then it could get cracked.

17. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Now the question is whether NA and EU PS3 owners will get this tomorrow. They will, right? I have a 360, but I prefer to use my PS3.

18. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

You know, I've always had an itching question when it came to things like this in Sonic Games:

Isn't Japan making this game? It's not like members of sonic team in japan know enough english to go onto a website like this and see what our criticisms are, then tell their japanese team and have the issues fixed with. I mean, with Sonic 4 it was clearly Sega of America developing the game with Dimps, but this is a Sonic Team title.

I mean, true, sega of america might notice our criticisms then pass them on to sonic team, but in the end will our opinions matter as much as the folks in Asia, who are actually more accepting of Modern Sonic than we are? I mean, it's gotten to the point where Sonic Generations is named "Blue Adventure" in japan over there, putting the emphasis that is is a true sonic 'adventure' title, at least in Asia, to appeal to the Modern Sonic fanbase.

In the end, the bitching will probably come down to this:

19. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    So wait, does the demo automatically delete itself after a certain date? I remember when I made a Japanese gold account on XBL to download the demo of Resident Evil 5 it deleted itself after a few days (because I wasn't in japan).

I will definitely backup this to my PC when I can download it.

20. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Almost everything about this post is wrong. Sega of America was passing feedback on to the developers in Japan for Sonic 4, just as they'd have to do for this. Also, no, the game is still Sonic Generations in Japan. The 3DS version is subtitled "Blue Adventures" (and not even "Adventure" in English like the actual Sonic Adventure games, it's "Ao no Bouke") and the console version is subtitled "White Time and Space".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.