don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    They tied the underneath hit and fixed jump height to the level design, it's not impossible that the nerfed rolling might have a similar reason.

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    A PC release? Count me in. :v:

I'm not familiar to PC gaming though (at least not in the last decade :colbert: ).. is Steam the only option or is stuff like CD Roms still around? I would still like to have some sort of hard copy.

3. PC?

I would totally buy that, but my PC is really starting to age. I'm planning to build a new one but I don't know if I'll have the money.

If I get it done, then I'm DEFINITELY picking up that PC version if/when it's released.

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm picking up the 360 version AND the PC version whenever I have a PC that can handle it.

My body is ready for the mods/hacks to commence.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Physical releases still happen.

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Awesome news. Definitely getting the PC version. If it's going to have DRM, I hope it will use Steamworks.

7. Vangar

Vangar

Sweet, a PC copy. Definitely will purchase now.

8. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Awesome. I told ya all there'd be a PC version, I told ya'll! But ya just laughed at me! Well, who's laughin' naawwwhh? :v:

Seriously though. Purchase within millisecond of upload to Steam.

9. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Hope the beta doesn't use Steam exclusively...

It occurs to me that Generations PC research, if this is indeed the same engine as Unleashed (which it certainly APPEARS to be) will actually benefit Unleashed hacking as well- I don't imagine that the PC model format, for instance, will be extremely different.

10. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    That, or if model formats are indeed similar to unleashed or colours, then extra unleashed/colours levels in generations PC? :v:
    Ofcourse it'll never be that simple. =P

11. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Add me to the "I hope that the PC release won't be a Steam exclusive and that there will be a physical CD" group.

12. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    I'm happy with whatever, I just want a new offical Sonic game on the PC in which ever way possible.

Now... PC or PS3... Hmmm...

13. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Well, this is pretty good news. I don't have a next-gen console in my house anymore, so I'd really like this PC port to happen.

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Same here, I was getting worried that I wouldn't be able to play this.

But an additional Wii U release would have been optimal.

15. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I'm just looking forward to it looking a bit better, then I can hook it up to my TV with Wireless 360 controller, and voila!

Oh, and mods. Please, Sega, if you are reading this, allow for modding! That would just make everyone's day.

16. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    They could still have physical releases, but they could tie it in with Steamworks to validate the game.

As for myself, a PC release would the the only way I could play Generations and I'd certainly buy it, hoping that my laptop specs are decent enough to run it. I don't mind using Steam, I usually lose a lot of discs anyway but I hate downloading gigabytes of data for stuff.

17. Anyone here subscribe to RETRO Gamer? This months issue is a Sonic special and the front page is a shiny blue fold out map of Green Hill Zone Act 1.

18. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Not sure if anyone's seen this already, I sure haven't read it here, however this place moves so fast I can't even remember what I've posted myself;

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/unions/read_a...p;union_id=4363

Little quotes and info on how the game can be played. Also a hint as Sonic Colours stage containing wisps.

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Each stage has two acts? I thought Iizuka said there'd be more than two acts per stage?

So which is it?

20. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    If Colors gets wisps, then Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles better get element shields. I WANT MY BUBBLE SHIELD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.