don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    I remember the finishing pose being triggered by player input as I ended combos earlier than other videos have shown (The event had no controller legend so I just mashed buttons during ramps).

However my memory is fuzzy so I might need a second person to back me up here.

2. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Well, disregarding what's been said here, I remember in one of the interviews the guy saying something along the lines of:

'and then cash out at the end with left and right stick' In fact, that is quoted word for word (although, he may have been talking about the whole thing).

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'm assuming, then, that the "FINISH!!!" thing can be triggered at any time, but gives a larger final score bonus depending on the amount of tricks you can fit into a certain time frame. As in, you can either risk doing as many tricks as you think you possibly can, or play it safe and ensure yourself a nice bonus by only doing two or three tricks and then finishing.

Sounds neat, if so.

EDIT: I was hyping myself for a Generations demo for the 23rd, but considering today is the 18th I'm not so sure anymore. I feel like it would have been mentioned. Unless they're planning a "Surprise! It's already out!" release. Which will hopefully go over better than the last time SEGA tried something like that. :v:

4. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    Twitch Streams
    I could swear that one article said that pressing LB or RB (assuming you're playing on the 360) would do the SA1 pose and finish a combo. I might be crazy/remembering wrong, though.

In any case, I do wonder if the enemies will continue to drop nothing (aside boost energy) even in the final game? It IS weird to not even see the Badniks release small animals, and somewhat weird for the GUN robots not to be powered by Chaos Drives. Then again, even if they still are empty shells in the final game, it won't bother me too much. I'm just happy to have these enemies back only in the stages they belong in, rather than Sonic 4's "Bubbles, Bubbles everywhere!" gimmick.

I also wonder if, since Spogonia was at the end of the City Escape trailer, will it be the next stage to get a reveal trailer, and then have another stage teased at the end of the next video? That'd be kinda cool, if that's how they're planning to reveal stages for now on.

5. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Yeah, people have talked about the trick system. It's like Sonic Rush -- you press a different button to "finish" the combo, after which you can do no more tricks. The more tricks you do before you finish, the more of a bonus that finish gives you, but if you do too many tricks you'll land and lose out on the bonus (one of the Sega PR reps in one of the videos referred to it in terms of risk vs reward, which is accurate). In terms of Sonic Rush, the "combo" is mashing the B button, and the "finish" is tapping A at the end.

6. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    And this saddens me, considering how much detail they put into everything else, aesthetically speaking.

And the trick system seems alright to me. Basically it's what Unleashed's QTEs should have been, so s'all good to me. I also like how the more trick points you get the boost meter actually grows past it's original length. Interesting.

7. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Did anyone try moonwalking in the demo?

8. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Found in the Steam registry:

[​IMG]

PC version confirmed. (courtesy of GAF)

9. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

This isn't a joke right? PLEASE TELL ME THAT ISN'T A JOKE.

Ok, now that I'm calmed, why Beta?

10. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Presumably because it's not the finished product?

11. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Well yes... but I- :psyduck:

Agh, damn it all, my brain just imploded.

I hope they do release a public beta, that would, hopefully, give them a lot of feedback on what to fix before the release.

12. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Well FUCK.

SEGA is going all out with this game. Smart move.

13. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    I don't want to get my hopes too high up, but I'll be really happy if a PC version does turn out to happen, considering I just sold my PS3 and all.

14. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    [​IMG]

I checked too, it's on the Steam registry. That guys not trolling.

15. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

Great, more resources that could be used to polish the game spent on porting the game to yet another system.

Any game will suffer from too many ports.

16. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Eh, we still don't know if Sonic Team is doing the port in-house or outsourcing it to some other dev.

17. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Sweet. That means I don't have to buy a next gen system to play Generations. Cannot wait. Just hope it isn't a cheap(er) port or anything.

18. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Not to mention, but porting from 360 to PC requires little muscle. Or am I wrong in that regard?

19. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    I'll believe it when I see it. :colbert:

But if it's true, I'm getting the Master Race version.

And so I can play as my favorite character:

[​IMG]

20. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Is it safe to assume that someone's ASS is about to get fired for leaking this out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.