don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Well, they did use some old MIDIs for Sonic 4, no doubt they'll still have the final boss track to remaster using it. Hell, some of the Sonic 4 tracks were lazy and actually used the MIDI instruments in the Wii version instead of the actual Sonic 4 set.

2. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    I was always under the impression Sonic CD is a main stream Sonic game. Naoto Oshima was the director and producer of that game and the staff that worked on the game were Sonic Team were they not? If they don't include Sonic CD in Generations I'm going to be one very pissed off and disappointed person. :argh: It's one of the best games in the Classic series besides Sonic 2 and 3. It's a slap in the face not to include it especially the game the creator of Sonic himself made.

3. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Also the fact that Amy and Metal Sonic made their first appearance in Sonic CD.

4. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    This. All of it.

I have nothing but great disappointment now, not going to say the game is going to be bad because lack of CD... only biased fucktards say stupid shit like that but I am outraged no doubt. 8 bit titles and Chaotix is understandable, but not CD.

EDIT: Surely Iizuka realises CD has a big fanbase, and 2 of their most popular characters originated from there right?
    Hopefully CD will make an appearance and we're wrong with the speculation...

5. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Don't. Just....please no! :v:

6. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    ^ This!!! I'm so damn angry right now, so that means no Classic Amy model in Generations or Classic Metal Sonic. Are they really just going to skip that entire game and make up an imaginary explanation as to how Sonic met Amy and Metal Sonic? Even Adventure 1 had multiple references to Sonic CD including flash backs. That just puts a hole in the series storyline for Classic Sonic in my opinion. Knuckles Chaotix and the 8 bits I can understand but NOT SONIC CD. I've always thought the storylines go like this Sonic 1, Sonic CD, Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles. If there really is no Sonic CD I'm going to really hate this game now just because they retconned and forsaken one of my absolute favorite Sonic games ever made besides Sonic 2 and 3.

7. corneliab

corneliab

Get the fuck over it. Sonic CD is kind of shit anyways.

Also, it's hilarious seeing people act surprised that the Game Gear titles of all things won't be represented in a high-profile game like this. If a stage from one of those throwaway titles made it in, I'd honestly be pissed about it taking the slot of a stage from a game that actually matters.

8. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    And you get off your high horse.

The quality of Sonic CD is not what we are discussing, that is for another thread. The topic is why Sonic CD was not included in Generations, considering main characters from the Sonic series started in the game, and it holds some of the most iconic scenes in the franchise.

9. corneliab

corneliab

Where is there even an official confirmation of Sonic CD supposedly not being represented? All I'm seeing here is someone just saying "I think it's not in" and then one user being an annoying drama queen and losing his shit over it as usual.

10. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Exactly.

Anyways how the hell is Sonic CD non-canon/not official/not mainstream? Because of the time travel gimmick or because it doesn't have a fucking number on it? Its like saying Resident Evil: Code Veronica isn't a mainstream game because it doesn't have a fucking number. Sonic CD is one of the most memorable titles in the series, introduced Amy and Metal Sonic, had some of the most memorable music, even had the recent Sonic event based on the popular "Sonic Boom". All later bios of Amy and Metal Sonic acknowledge CD's existence. It considered by many a great game, everyone acknowledges CD's existence, why isn't Sonic Team? Oshima himself was the director, and he is the true creator of Sonic. This doesn't make sense at all.

Thats funny, all I'm seeing is a douche.

11. dsrb

dsrb

To reiterate:
    SteelBrush said “I think Iizuka has said” and suddenly everyone's lost their shit.

12. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
    It's the fact 2 major characters are introduced in this game and it has many extremely popular and iconic levels. I see more Stardust Speedway fan art on DeviantArt than anything else. That game even though you may think it is shit is a very memorable and enjoyable game for a lot of Sonic fans myself included and is very popular even from its age. Whether it was the art, the music, gameplay or the iconic moments such as the race against Metal Sonic. A lot of people love this game and were looking forward to seeing it reimagined in HD 3D. Like I said for Sega to just retcon CD feels like they are ripping a hole in Sonic's Classic history. And that is one of the biggest problems I have with this right now.

As for the 8 bit games and the supposed 3DS list, I can understand why they were not included but he didn't need to laugh and make the games sound like they were a piece of garbage. They had a lot of cool gimmicks in them such as hang gliding and the floating bubble. Surely they could have reimagined something or reused some of the ideas and gimmicks in the games. The games also had really fun and pretty Zones and music for what they were. I do like the list's line up whether fake or real for the 3DS, they picked all of my favorite Advance games levels.

13. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    The game has time travel right?
    There's your CD nod.

14. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    So, when did Iizuka or any of the PR guys officially state that Sonic CD wouldn't make it in?

15. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Right now its assumed, "not confirmed" that CD won't make it in. Its mostly for the reason they don't consider CD as "mainstream".

16. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Yeah, as far as I'm aware, all that has been said is roughly along the lines of

"We're showing Greenhill and City Escape, but thats all we can talk about right now"

You know, the typical PR BS you get with every game not released yet XD

17. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Jesus, all of you pipe down and start being civil, lest you want suspensions to start flying about.

18. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    ...........But if the 3DS version is supposed to celebrate the history of handheld Sonic games (as Izuka said himself), why completely neglect the ones which were not only the first, but were also the only ones on SEGA's only true handheld console (Especially since ALL of the other handheld games were on non-SEGA consoles)? It's illogical and ridiculous to even assume the reason for their exclusion is because they seemingly "don't matter" in comparison to more recent games which would obviously be more prevalent. By being part of Sonic's Handheld Game History, they automatically "matter" when trying to create a game that recognizes the total history Sonic Handheld Games. What is blatantly obvious here, is that they are most likely excluded because it is easier for DIMPS to simply use their own previous designs, rather than actually take the effort to update levels from the Game Gear 8-bit games.

19. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    We can only hope.
    I remember seeing a Sonic CD poster on display at E3 among other classic posters.
    I think there is a good chance we may see a CD level in Generations.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. dsrb

dsrb

Yeah, there was a wall decorated with the US covers of the Genesis games, and Sonic CD was one of those featured. Addendum: Andrew, you editing ninja!

This may not mean anything as to its inclusion or omission, but it's not any less indicative than is an old quote from Iizuka.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.