don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I think it's just a lazy, off-model sculpt... But if that IS an intentionally different Sonic design, it might be a take on the Sonic Adventure era Sonic. Not quite classic, but not quite sleek, obnoxiously thin 2005-2009 sonic yet.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Could be the last playable character, though, like a fusion due to the bad guy distorting the past and present, or something. + - Cladern Sonic? Mossic Sonic?   =P

It would seem odd for SEGA to have an off-model statue when you can find almost perfect Modern Sonic statues at some game stores.

3. aaronlong

aaronlong

cartoon guy Member
    Toronto, Canada
    Mostly non-Sonic-related, but I make cartoons.
    Oh my god I would be SO happy if they just combined Classic and Modern Sonic (once they're done with Generations), and it looked like that mysterious statue. The online poll a while back showed that the vast majority of fans prefer the classic design, but if they aren't willing to completely abandon the modern design, they should at least tone down the offending aspects of it, as they did with that statue. I think just about everybody would be pretty happy with that statue as the new design.

I'd much rather they do that than keep the two designs as distinct separate characters, unless they're in completely separate games. Having two versions of the character interact on a regular basis would just be weird from a storyline perspective, outside of Generations itself, which I'm really excited for. This game is the tipping point that will force me to finally buy a current-gen console. (Allowing a classic skin in future games would also be fine... I just don't want every game to have two Sonics as part of the story, although I'm sure they're not even considering that outside of maybe doing Generations-specific sequels.)

4. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Come on, don't read too far into what Sega does. It will end up massively disappointing you.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah so, You UK buttholes are lucky:
    [​IMG]

Contains:
    Also:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can order it online too, for a price:
    http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/game...presents-sonic/

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    All I want is that awesome Generations poster. DO WANT

7. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    I'm assuming it's just scanned images off the internet right?

8. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    It seems that you can order it from all over the world by following the link you posted, so it's not UK-specific. In fact I am trying to order one right now.

edit: ordered.

9. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Okay, ordering that now.

Don't know where I'll put the poster, but fuck, I'll make room for it at some point. That's some hot 1990s UK magazine action right there, and I want it! The only way it could be better is if they include a new comic by the same people who did Sonic the Comic.

EDIT: Order'd. If I get the magazine soon, I'll see about posting some scans.

10. Titan

Titan

UK
    £7.99???
    I want it, but, fuck. That's a lot of money when you're skint :(

11. MastaSys

MastaSys

Holly Crap, that is some sweet compilation.
    Already ordered, It doesn't even need an acount.

12. bolt7

bolt7

I stopped reading Games Master years ago; but I'm totally buying this. I still have an old Shadow the Hedgehog (inknowrite) poster on my wall from one of their old mags. Can't complain at that amount of free stuff for £8 though. :v:

13. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Not the one where he's pointing the gun with the red city behind him with the Sonic billboard? :v:

14. bolt7

bolt7

Correct! =P Haven't moved it since I got it with the mag in like... 2005 (I'm guessing.) I'm also hoping this magazine has two different posters, rather that one reversible one. Want both up. =X

Edit - Took a pic; sorry for the shitty quality.

15. What the hell? When I try to order, it bounces me back to the front page and removes the magazine from my cart.

16. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

That's so awesome. I had mine up until a week ago. It was A3 size (two pages ripped out) and unfortunately it was very creased and starting to fade (I had also changed rooms in Dec 2005 and taking it down and pinning it back up again caused some damage). I painted my room and decided not to put it back up seeing as it was nearly 6 years old so I took it down the other day and threw it away. Thing is I looked at it so much it's basically etched in my memory now.

17. According to Sonic's Facebook page, Sonic will be at E3 in about 10 mins.

18. synchronizer

synchronizer

...I see no Sonic CD artwork ANYWHERE. I really hope Sonic CD isn't left out of this game- it has some great levels!

19. synchronizer

synchronizer

Oh they finally noticed that Sonic CD exists! A lot of times in the past they've only mentioned the Megadrive-only games whilst deliberately leaving out Sonic CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.