don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Here:
    http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/9422-hidden-assets-of-the-generations-demo-spoilers/page__view__findpost__p__374670

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I know that but I want to see all the items available to buy with all their descriptions, not just those 6 (I actually reposted them here a few minutes ago).

3. Oh lol. I'm sure it'll be available soon.

4. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Ok guys,,,
    Here's a complete 100% rip including every single texture from the second Xbox 360 game demo,
    ( Includes
    *Fonts*
    *Textures*
    *Menus*
    *Miscellaneous items*
    *EVERYTHING!*

Nothing has been deleted including duplicates ( as some duplicates are actually different textures, or sizes),
    The original File Folder structure is intact this time around. Enjoy!

(in TGA format)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=77F98L85

5. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Added many new things to the first post on this topic,

including MP3's for :
    *music ( demo 1 and demo 2)
    *all the voice overs (in every language) ( coming soon at about 3 hours time )
    *All Sound FX
    *more tools for extracting files
    * Demo 2 Raw .model and .terrain

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Here is the new demo for PS3 right on Sony's server. Anyone get it working on 3.55? Changing the param.sfo isn't enough.

7. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Hey man, Thanks for the contribution, will add it to the title page right away.

8. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    added:
    Complete Voice Samples (All Languages) .MP3 @ 48khz 320kbps. (from Demo 2)

9. Insalubrious

Insalubrious

The Writing Writer Member
    This should do it for you. I've only tested it on 3.55, so I dunno if it works on 3.41.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm also using the 3.72 REBUG spoof. You still need the patch to run it, but that'll get you past the "3.60 required" messages.

10. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

e:

That patch didn't work for me, also on 3.55 CFW

11. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Would it be possible to extract the images as PNG instead of TGA? Windows doesn't have native support tga thumbnails. Mass converting the TGAs to PNGs make the images loose their alpha channels.

12. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    the raw .dds can be converted to PNG, but will lose the alpha chanels as well,
    I can try create a photoshop action to preserve the transparencies for png and batch convert them.

13. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Seems Batch convert is not the idea method for doing the transparencies for png.
    Only because you need to go threw each texture 1 by 1 and decide which should get transparencies or not.
    some images use alpha channel for other data like specular and normal maps, while other use alpha for transparencies.
    than there are images which do not use any alpha.

Now, I did make an action you can use to manually add the transparencies to each of the Texture files,(to save to png)
    It would take quite awhile to sort threw each of the original DDS images and decide which gets transparencies.
    I'd like to do that, but my time is very limited, as I've so many other things under my belt that needs taking care of first.

For now I'll upload the .DDS files, the Photoshop action, along with a link to the DDS photoshop viewer, ( my connection is slow so this may take some time)
    When importing .DDS files into photoshop I recommend to keep the files in there default color settings,
    as changing them upon import also effects the colors for the textures,
    You can however for example change the color bits later to 32 bit or whatever you like for saving.( good for TGA with alpha Channel)

14. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Hope someone would be able to tackle this, maybe a few Forum members can collaborate and divide the job up, as there are so many textures, well over 1000
    I'm sorry that I don't have time to convert to png with transparencies myself >__<

.DDS Textures, And Photoshop actions for converting to PNG with Transparencies (DEMO 2)
    and
    Open .DDS TEXTURE files with Photoshop

Before starting ( first you need to load the action into photoshop by dragging and dropping it into the actions menu)
    1 folder within the rar has been converted to png already including transparencies( for the select few that should have them.)
    The way I do this is by first running the Save Action threw batch process accessed from adobe Bridge.
    By opening bridge, selecting the folder we want to convert, select all the files within, than tools, photoshop batch, and your ready to go.
    ( almost ready to go, don't forget to select the action save while in the generations category)
    what this does is save all the .DDS to PNG automatically.

Than I open each of the DDS files manually to look if they have an alpha channel,
    If there is no alpha channel we close the texture without saving.
    Now, if the texture has an alpha channel than we need to decide if its the proper type of texture to receive transparencies (if its a normal or spec texture I wouldn't even bother opening it)
    When you have the decided texture, run the Action named (mask for png transparencies)
    It will automaticly save at the end of the Action. ( we want it to save over the Batch saved pngs we initialy did.),
    However It may save as a copy ,if this happens you may need to edit the action by deleting the save portion than re-record the action or manually save.

there may be a faster way of doing this, by sorting the textures into new folders first than batching the folders 1 folder at a time.

15. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

The previous patch works if you have a version spoof of 3.60 or above. This works:
    http://rebug.me/?cat=16

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I don't know if this works for all the images, but when I made that super peelout pic for the other topic, just saving as PNG in Paint Shop Pro happened to make the transparencies look as they should (even if they're not visible when opened in Paint Shop Pro). No tweaks needed or anything.

17. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Cool, Does Paint shop pro have a bulk save feature?
    If so would you be willing to try and convert all the textures to .png and upload them?

Edit: You still may have to sort threw some of the textures by hand and divide the normal and specular maps from the rest of the textures. As Paint shop pro may save the Alphas as transparencies there too.

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I don't think so... but I'm no expert on it; I usually just open, edit and save stuff. It would be cool if it did, I agree. =\

19. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    My version of Paintshop Pro (v7) has a "Save All" feature as well as a "Batch Conversion" feature.

20. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I may have missed it within the topic, but is there a link to the raw soundtrack for Demo 2?