don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Neoblast

Neoblast

It'd piss off SEGA and that shuold be enough reason for you to not to do it.

2. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Lets get this subject back on track people,
    hacks recourses and other finds! :specialed:

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I think that, if people are focusing on the 3D objects now, it's because everything else we could get from the demo has already been released (music, config files, scene data, textures). If people can't mess with the models, I wouldn't expect this thread to move much further. =\

Releasing some 3D objects would piss off SEGA more than releasing the whole list of scenes in the game? Baffling.

4. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Well, can anyone rip that Title Screen BG so that I can use it as my Desktop BG? Well, if it's 1920x1080.

5. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    [​IMG]

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Similarly can someone rip the Title Card without any words on it (Also for BG purposes)

7. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    Thanks a million Jim.

8. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Jim, can you rip that really cool sprite animation in the loading screen?!

The Models:
    Come on guys, have some respect for the people who made the things. The game isn't even out yet. Let it have some glory before you go crying out for it and then let it be ruined by all those Blitz Sonic hacks.

9. Yeah, way too early. Give it some time.

I think showing pictures for reference is alright though.

10. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member

All the graphic files from the game including, textures, backgrounds, text , has been ripped completely from the demo and uploaded in 2 massive (.tga or .png) .rar files on the first page of this thread.

11. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I am pretty sure I've said this before, but I never really understood the notion of "NO DON'T RELEASE THOSE RESOURCES, THE KIDS WILL GET TO IT AND MAKE DUMB STUFF WITH IT"

We were all 13 once. We all made stuff then that we now regret. You really shouldn't deny kids toys to play with; it's harmless fun and easy enough to ignore. It's also part of growing up, they're learning and discovering how to do things, and though they may be doing dumb shit with it now, when they're our age, they could have turned that in to a career.

All because they started fooling around with a model pack when they were 13. I'd argue that refusing to release something like that is more childish than anything the actual children are going to do with them.

Plus, hey, some of us older man-children like to fool around with that stuff, too, you know.

12. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I think right now it's more along the lines of "c'mon guys, let's at least wait until the game's actually released first." But generally I agree with you.

13. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    You guys do what you want either way, but can we at least stop trying to justify it with this arbitrary embargo bullshit? Are we suddenly anticipating a lawsuit over this? Free demo content, of all things?

Blaze speaks truth, by the way!

EDIT: Come to think of it, having a level fully playable in some fan engine with superior physics before the game proper hits store shelves would be quite a milestone, wouldn't it? Why wouldn't we want that? Show some ambition, guys.

14. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    The guy that did the Model ripping max script says that the level assets are in another format other than .model
    and we wont be able to rip level from the game with the current tools we have.
    so far we only can get common objects used threw out the levels.

15. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I hope you realize that this is Sonic Retro, home of two types of Sonic fans: The children who like Sonic and are similar to what you just described, and older people who seem to get scared shitless at a kid having his hands on anything Sonic related and posting it on the internet, not realizing they can just ignore the child's lacking-of-creativity instead of causing more drama than what would originally happen by denying the material be released at all.

Seriously, the whole "LITTLE KIDS WILL USE THEM SO DON'T RELEASE" concept it bullshit. That's a fact no matter what anyone says, trust me. :|

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hey, it has worked with the Sonic 2 HD engine. =P

17. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Fuck, I was doing that shit when I was close to 15. Maybe I'll post it in creative works later; it's hilariously awful.

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So since this is a hacking topic I got to ask, when hacking the demo, was anything found about achievements/trophies or the 360's avatar awards?

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Apparently you get a Super Sonic costume for your Avatar as part of a pre-order bonus with Gamestop.

20. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Preordering at gamestop so hard.