don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Actually, now that we have that easy to edit skill program, lets talk super abusable skill sets. Want to go at crazy speeds? Classic Sonic - Electric Shield, Fire Shield, Power Sneakers, Super Sonic, Acceleration. WOOSHHH

2. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    Works like a charm. It's just too bad I have excessively slow VRAM :v:

Oh, new page. Response is to high resolution shadows.

3. Retroman

Retroman

I got a perfect idea! Make Temple Run 2 Stages for Sonic Generations, except custom art, layouts, rings instead of gold, the G.U.N Truck instead of the Skull Ape, Powerups on the sky, no stopping. It's perfect!

Only... will that be breaking the legal rules?

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So basically port Sonic Dash? :v:

Would be cool if a proof-of-concept could be made to see if this could actually work.

5. It's possible to make some sort of approximation, I should imagine, because you can switch on auto-running, but as for the going-on-forever mechanic? Wouldn't think they could do that.

6. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    I was thinking about doing that in Generations at some point. I never really got around to finishing it though. I might later on though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Right now I'm just finishing this Unleashed Sonic model up right now. Making the video for it since I just finished this thing. Then I'll be able to do what I want afterwards. I just wanted this thing done already by now. Too many times having to reanimate or corrupted files on me. Also yes, Super Sonic works too as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Just out of curiosity did anyone ever make a good Classic/Modern model swap mod? Classic Sonic Adventures is fun but impractical as Classic Sonic is too slow for Modern's stages. Only mod I've seen swapping Classic and Modern is kinda eh.

8. MetalKnick

MetalKnick

Vale, East Angara
    Golden Sun Soundfont V.2
    http://youtu.be/CDJCY1m_bIA

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya that's the one I was talking about that was eh. I'm thinking more along the lines of having Classic Sonic's model and animations for Modern and vice versa. They have most of the same animations I believe (Except for the tricks I suppose but they could use whatever animations they wanted for those for all I care).

10. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Isn't that what that is? I thought that that's what I was looking at.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well in that mod, classic Sonic is rigged to modern Sonic and vice versa, and while that is more accurate and would likely cause less issues, it causes Classic Sonic to be a giant and Modern Sonic to be a dwarf. If Classic used his animations and Modern used his only they switched gameplay, I believe they would be the same size as they normally are only things like cutscenes would be screwed up but I don't care about those. Plus I just find that modern's animations look kinda goofy on Classic Sonic. If there is one thing I'd like ported over from Lost World it's Modern Sonic's standing animation. It looks much more classic and a lot less rigid than the one in this game.

Alternately of course I wonder if modern's moveset could be given to classic. Classic is just an alteration of modern I believe, so there are probably some deactivation triggers for Modern's moves somewhere in Classic's code (IIRC if you hacked one of the really early demos to put Classic Sonic in Modern Sonic's GHZ, Classic could crawl in 3D like Sonic could in Unleashed, only he just moved around in his duck animation)

EDIT: As not to bump the topic I found a funny glitch when using the Unleashed S-Rank mod without using the Unleashed Project mod. Every character will appear in their initial statue form in the HUB despite having rescued them or not. This means you can finally see what Classic Tails would look like in statue form... which is just Classic Tails in a T pose. Obviously they never made one for him.

12. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    According to this site/blog, the Sonic Generations HUB world font is Britannic Bold.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Hey so this is a thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU0faJNNBHs

Brought to you by the same guy who's doing the Sonic 06 port. Ever want to play the UnWiished stages without that rigid ass boost? Well now you can. Featuring both Windmill Isles and Savannah Citadel (which is a recreation of the Unleashed PS360 DLC Act 5 of that level I believe).

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's like that guy is purposely porting the worst 3D Sonic levels. :specialed:

Like with the Sonic 2006 level ports, I think it's a nice effort, but I just don't get why he would pick levels from those games.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Simple. To see what the levels play like in a better game. Unwiished and 06 mainly suffered from the awful controls, and while the unwiished levels aren't always that great it is fun to play them without that awful boost and the constant "Whooo!"

16. Yeah, none of these levels were fun. I'm glad he took the time to port them, but they're all pretty awful stages.

This has made me realize I don't own Sonic Unleashed on Wii, though. I should change that.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No you shouldn't. Unless you like the Werehog. Then you'll love it, since that's about 75% of the game right there. I'd honestly just wait for this guy to port the levels. Unless of course you just want to own the game, then I'm not stopping you.

It's worth noting though that Savannah Citadel's level is from 360 DLC, although the map itself is ported from the Wii's boss fight.

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Man the stages are just really empty runways, was the Wii/PS2 verions really like that? how accurate are these ports?

Glad he ported them though, too bad hes not apart of this community.

19. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Man that honestly looks awful the seem empty and he seems to be missing a lot of geometry and things are not animated like the windmills. I see he took something from the Unleashed Project and is using them. Honestly it isn't the greatest thing neither is his 06 Porting they are very shotty ports. I'm glad at the effort he tried but he seems to be rushing them out. The GIA and Shadows do not seem very good. There is no use of Normal maps and everything is using the common shader it seems. So everything basically looks flat. Its very unappealing. However its good that people are still working on things like this.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Maybe you should PM him on Youtube and tell him whats up. I'm sure he'd like to hear from 1 of the people who worked on the Unleashed Project.