don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. StR Speedy

StR Speedy

Starlight Carnival
    Colors Porting
    It didn't work. According to Glvl, I had all the required folders, but I copied over new ones anyway. I select the file to open, then the dialog box ("Do you want to load Terrain Groups?") appears like normal. I select 'yes' and before I can blink it spits out just the splines and not the terrain. Do you think un/re-installing SonicGlvl would help?

2. Maybe, but first try deleting all the folders in the cache folder of SGLVL and then load a level up.

When you load a level, you should see a dialog box that says "Do you want to unpack and update the terrain geometry?". Select yes, and once it unpacks the files, it should say "Do you want to load Terrain Groups?". Select yes for that as well, and then you should see the stage geometry once it loads up. Make sure to give it time.

3. StR Speedy

StR Speedy

Starlight Carnival
    Colors Porting
    Are there supposed to be folders in the cache folder to begin with? There wern't any in there for me to delete.

4. Yeah, it's where SGLVL stores all the unpacked files when you load a stage. The fact that there's no folders in the cache folder tells me that you may have a system permission problem or something that won't let SGLVL write to that folder. Just a guess, I'm not an expert on this.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    HEY GUYS YOU LIKE SONIC JUMP RIGHT?!

WELL GUESS WHAT?!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7eXIOf5vBY

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?qedcebi9irehbw2

6. Retroman

Retroman

[​IMG]

Well done, but not worth the effort.

Noticed the jump effect which is neat.

If someone can make a fully functional Robotnik Hack that can make Robotnik curb into an Egg when drifting and his S-Rank animation would be him thrusting in accomplishment, then hop, then break dance, twirl off the ground and then the Sonic Adventure 2 Pose (Mission Accomplished)

And Robotnik's Stomp Attack making the sound 'Get a load of this' that shakes the screen and killing enemies within his radius, and when he slides, he has two hands behind him.

He can use Mike Pollock's voice. Super Eggman for Modern Eggman should have his cape that glows, slighty fitter, while Classic Eggman has his cape longer, moustache longer and slighty fit.

Call it: Eggmen Generations.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Oh right, guess that did make me come off as I made it. sorry about that.

Nono this was made by "sonicthefan12". I was just trying it out for a bit after I got linked to it by SSMB so I figured I'd share.

Its a nice effort to recreate Sonic Jump 2012.

8. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNy_a1PXRM4
    So that's going.

...also this.

9. Squidgy

Squidgy

That's pretty sweet, actually.

I don't mind Sonic reskins, but if more characters had unique gameplay, that'd certainly make things more interesting and make it feel more "official".

Of course the likes of Shadow, Metal Sonic, etc should probably just be reskins, but I can see physics tweaks could be quite interesting on some characters.

10. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I don't remember, is that how Blaze was different from Sonic in Rush? She could jump better but couldn't run as fast or something?

11. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Yeah, she was slower on the ground, but she had the ability to hover briefly; Sonic instead had a kick that launched him short distances. Like I said, it was just the basis I used.

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I missed that earlier. Good stuff.

13. It has begun. WAHOOOO!

14. Is it odd that now I want to try playing through the Sonic levels as Mario, using the physics and controls from the Mario games? True, it would take about a half hour for every level, but it'd be nice to kind of go at a slower pace and see all the detail in the levels.

*Hides while everybody gets out the tar and feathers for wanting a slow character in Sonic*

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    In other words, port levels from Sonic games to Mario Galaxy 2? :v:

16. Actually, no, that would seperate Mario from Sonic better. Im all for that, it would make more sense, even though it would probably undermine the level design in the process.

The only thing I think that would make this mod better would be a suit for Mario to look like Sonic, thus explaining why he can run as fast as him.

[​IMG]

17. Wait... Can we do that? Would that actually work, or are the Sonic levels too big and detailed?

What I was thinking of doing was to just reduce Classic Sonic's speed down to around Mario's (and change the running animation to match), remove the Spindash if possible (I think that's the reason why 3D doesn't work for Classic Sonic. Am I wrong?), and allow him into Modern Sonic's levels, but with a lot more stuff to help him get around like the rockets and Trick Rings. Reskin those to look like Bullet Bills and Launch Stars and it could be really fun. Not sure if we have the resources to do that yet.

Hey Dario. If you're reading this, I wanna ask. Are you still looking into how to do stuff like 3D Classic Sonic, or are you just focusing on porting Unleashed stuff?

18. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    [​IMG]

Since someone asked about it. I guess I'll do it for some quick fun.

19. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Oh Christ, a Sonic Suit would be pretty amazing.

20. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Bunny ears. Also, how would the super gritty realistic Brawl model for Mario look?