don't click here

Sonic Gems Collection

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FMSonic

FMSonic

Why does LOst hate Sonic CD anyway?

2. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Actually if you read back over it, we were saying that they might do what was originally planned for Sonic Mega Collection, and throw in all the games they missed out, like Sonic CD. We never said it would just be the one game on it's own.

And there was no need for an attitude like that. Your opinion is exactly that and there's no need to bitch at everyone else as though you're always right and anything you say goes. We're entitled to our opinions as well and since we only know about this game from a trademark, we could all be wrong yet.

3. magraimon

magraimon

A superficial anomaly of the human psyche! Member
    Well, sonic CD *WAS* planned for SMC, we all know that, yet something made SEGA pull it out last minute, so its inclusion in a new compilation is far from impossible.

Who says they'd use a saturn/model2 emulator ? Its not entirely unthinkable that they might do a recoding, like they did for sonic jam.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    This could indeed be what Sonic Mega Collection should have been, with more emulated systems and such, but if that's the case I guess it will be released for a system that doesn't have Mega Collection yet (like the PC), so it won't compete with a similar product from themselves.

5. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    It'd have to have to some serious advantages over just using Gens/Kega and roms to be worth buying if it's for PC.

6. Frankly, LOst, I agree with the Doc. It's becoming pretty hard to hold any respect for you. You're starting to act like some kind of cultist conspiracy nut. I mean, come on - "Can't handle the pressure? Can't handle the truth?" That's pathetic. What the hell are you even talking about? You seriously need to get a grip with all this hate speech.

7. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    Maybe it's possible that it will come out on next generation systems, if it is a collection of soughts.

8. Kles

Kles

I'm not going to speculate; I'll wait for more official news. It does seem interesting though.

9. StephenUK

StephenUK

Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Like I said, it may be linked to the new wave of handheld consoles. I know that the Microsoft Gizmondo is to have a Sega Classics collection. Maybe they will all have this collection on them as well. It's an easy way for Sega to make money for such little work, considering most of the latest attempts have resulted in failure, except among the younger generations.

10. Microsoft "Gizmondo"? You're kidding me, right? I hope whoever came up with that one got fired....

They've pretty much covered most Sonic games in previous collections, even Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine for God's sake. So I wonder what they'll put in this one... Perhaps some of the Game Gear games?

11. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    Actually, those are in SMC+. So they're covered. It might be a combination of every 8- and 16-bit Sonic game in existence... :P

12. StephenUK

StephenUK

Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I actually sense the appearance of the Advance series for some reason... although compared to the other 2D games I would hardly call them "gems".

13. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    If it IS a collection os some soughts, it's possible they will put some new-to-the-home stuff on like SEGA Sonic etc. But we'll have to wait and see what is announced.

14. Icy Guy

Icy Guy

Hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog. Member
    California
    GoldenEye 007 level hack
    *deleted, because it was redundant*

15. FMSonic

FMSonic

I'm suggesting (if this is a collection) that it probably will have emulation. The only reasons why Sonic Jam's games were actually ported and not emulated was because emulation would require more processing power from the Saturn, hence games would actually run slower than if they were ported.

Mega Collection's games were emulated becuase emulation without such slow down is practical on today's game systems. And its almost effortless- you only need to write the emulator, then throw some roms on board and voila... You have a collection.

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    *skips over entire topic*

This game will most likely feature Sonic the Fighters and Sonic CD. This is hinted strongly on that "Shadow the Hedgehog" video.

It obviously IS a collection.

I doubt it will contain the "Advance" games, seeing as Sega is still making money off them.

I should beg the CEO to include rare beta games as unlockable secrets. [/fat chance]

17. magraimon

magraimon

A superficial anomaly of the human psyche! Member
    The idea that its called "gems" rather than "ultra" or "ultimate" collection does seem
    to signify a small amount of games, rather than a complete (or moreso than mega)
    compilation.

Btw this is really bugging me now. Fm sonic, just incase you don't know, the term is
    "voila" (being french), not "wa-laa" .. Unless that was your own word interpretation.

18. FMSonic

FMSonic

I thought "wa-laa" was an American interpretation of the word, honestly.

EDIT: Fixed it. Happy now?

19. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    Meh. Pedantic as I am, I don't really mind when people spell phonetically. In fact, I find that it adds some extra spice to a paper/book/document. Just be careful about your spelling on official papers. :P

Oh, and if you mess up your grammar, I'll kick your ass. That's what I'm pedantic about.

EDIT: Removed sig. Didn't realize I had already posted on this page. :P

20. Kles

Kles

I've never seen voila spelled as wa-laa. But hey, it's all good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.