don't click here

Sonic Gems Collection

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by ICEknight, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It looks like SEGA has just registered the trademarks "Sonic Gems Collection" and "Gunstar Super Heroes". Could this be a signal for good things to come? I hope so. ;)

More info coming soon, hopefully...

2. ...And as we all know, the presence of the word "Collection" in a game title means "large conglomeration of un-edited re-releases". I see nothing to get excited about.

On the other hand, no 'new' means no large-scale argument...

3. Vangar

Vangar

How do you know these things all the time? It interests me that you know so much about Sega, and what they do all the time.

4. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    But there has already been the Mega Collections. Are they really going to do something like re-release everything again with a few more games? I doubt it.

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Well, since all the re-re-re-re-re-edited games were in Mega Collection already, there might be something to be excited about in this collection...

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Just look for "SEGA" in the owner field, here.

7. Vangar

Vangar

Ah, nice ;).

Read it carefully. "Sonic gems collection" then take into account Japanese translation. Could sonic be collecting gems, instead of rings in this game?

EDIT: Scrap that idea, by the look of the graphic, its a collection of some sort

8. Vangar

Vangar

Sorry for the double post, but look what I found serching for it on the site you just gave me:

Attached Files:

9. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    It'll probably be like a collection of the best-selling and/or most unique games... Oh, I'm going to go crawl in a hole so I hear no more of this.

10. Icy Guy

Icy Guy

Hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog. Member
    California
    GoldenEye 007 level hack
    Could Sega have finally hammered out the bugs in their SCD emulator? Will they be releasing another Sonic collection, but with SCD included? The suspense is killing me.

*dies*

11. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Hopefully Sonic CD might make an appearance in this collection, if that's what it is.

EDIT: There is some speculation on the internet that this collection could be all the old classic games that were featured on the mega collection, except that it will be on the new next-gen handheld consoles such as the PSP, DS and Gizmondo. If this is the case, the collection will probably also include the advance series, but like I said, it's just speculation.

12. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    ...gizmondo??? Wow, I'll have to look that one up.

13. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Stop thinking this will be some kind of good thing!

Why would Gems Collection be about Sonic CD? That's stupid.

According to gems and the one in that logo (gems mean emerald), it seems like another new 3D adventure where you collect emerals playing as Chris.

Haven't you learned yet?
    Shadow with a gun! Sonic Heroes! Sonic Advance 3! Hello?

14. magraimon

magraimon

A superficial anomaly of the human psyche! Member
    Might possibly be SA1/SA2b on one disc. Considering that normal dvds are double that of a single GC disc, its possible.

Could even be Sonic Shuffle/Fighters/Sega sonic

The name implies a collection of games. SEGA isn't stupid enough to make a game called "collection" that features someone collecting things.
    The use of the words "Sonic gems" implies greatest games. They've already used Mega collection, and they wouldn't want to use a less ethusiastic term.

15. The art of the "gem" in that logo reminds me of the cover art for SADX for some reason, but that could just be a stylistic thing... Oh, and again I ask, WTF is wrong with Sonic Advance 3? Anyone want to clue me in on this?

16. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    LOst, I think I speak for a few here when I say quit bitching (everyone's been telling me in the past anyway, so it's my time to say it).

Wait until after you see it for yourself before you form an opinion, I admit I still can't get past one particular boss in Sonic Advance 3, so what do I do? I move on to another game, like The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, I don't bitch about the games.

17. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    bullshit.

Can't handle the preasure? Can't handle the truth? Better keep quiet then.

As a few people started to talk about Sonic CD like if it was official Sonic Team were going to make a Sonic CD remake and name it Sonic Gems. That's just plain stupid.

18. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    Unofficial color logo.
    [​IMG]

19. FMSonic

FMSonic

What makes you think this is going a rare Sonic game collection? Those numbskulls couldn't even program a Sega CD emulator let alone a Saturn, or heaven forbid, a Sega Model 2. Heck, people have been working on Saturn emulation for years and its still not perfect.

20. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    I officially give up on this hypocritical topic, someone like LOst can bitch all they want, but the second I bitch, it's a "totally different thing".

LOst, I'll tell you what Kles told me initially inbetween our fits of rage at the beginning of our conversation, which slowly and eventually calmed down:

"You need to calm the fuck down."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.