don't click here

Sonic game collections

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Vangar, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Vangar

Vangar

Hey guys. I decided after the release of Sonic Lost World some of us needed a pick me up, so I took out all my games I could find and took a picture. (5mb, here)

[​IMG]

I'd like to take a look back on memories, stories and enjoyment of the Sonic games in the past 22 years. I'd also like to hear and see pictures of sonic game rarities that are in your personal collections!

Some of my favorites in my possession is the first4figures, pictured in the top of the photo. It was given to me as a 21st birthday present from my parents and mailed to me from Australia to Canada.

My Sonic & Knuckles & Sonic 3 (Platinum) for Megadrive was given to me by my friend who has since passed away.

I was given SonicCD for PC (to the right of the SonicCD for MegaCD in the picture) for Christmas when I was about 6. For those that don't know the PC cutscences were far superior to the MegaCD version and you could play the AVI files right from the disc, So I never had to work for the good ending in the game!

I'd spend hours playing Sonic 1 SMS in the early morning before school, I remember the first time I finished the game, I bumped it right before the credits and froze my master system!

TL;DR : Lets see some unique Sonic game collections and stories.

2. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    Wow, looking good. These are all PAL AU, right?

I love the collector's edition Mega Drive games (Sonic Spinball Gold and Sonic 3 Platinum) you have there because I don't think they were released anywhere else like that and it makes me somewhat jealous.

I also love the First4Figures stuff and that Sonic figure is no exception. Need to get one myself at some point.

Here's my collection as it currently stands:

[​IMG]

3 things not in the picture that I do own: Sonic the Hedgehog (PS3), Sonic Unleashed (PS3) and AoStH Boxset (DVD)

Three games that always stand out to me for various reasons are:

• Knuckles Chaotix. My sister brought this for me from eBay for £80 (I know, pricey, but she understands why I wanted it and it's rarity). Knuckles Chaotix and Sonic & Knuckles also have custom clamshell cases with print-out sleeves so they look like all the other Mega Drive games. I still have the original boxes stored elsewhere.
    • Sonic Pocket Adventure. I was looking for this for a long time and one day managed to win an eBay bid on it for £11.50. I'm still amazed I got it CiB like that for so cheap.
    • Sonic Drift Racing (and Sonic Triple Trouble). I was after this for quite some time and managed to get it (and Sonic Triple Trouble within a week) for less than £20 (in total, actually). It's also in rather good condition minus a bit of cardboard wear & tear.

As it stands, I currently have 88/94 PAL UK Sonic Games.
    I'm only missing the following 6 games from my collection as well:

• Sonic Spinball (SMS)
    • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (SMS and GG)
    • Sonic Labyrinth (GG)
    • Tails' Adventure (GG)
    • Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games (Wii U)

3. winterhell

winterhell

Was about to say the same thing. I've never seen them on Ebay.

4. Falk

Falk

WHY DO YOU ONLY HAVE INFERIOR SONIC UNLEASHED?

WHY

GET OUT

5. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    My heart just sank knowing I will never have such a collection, and I still have yet to get a Genesis copy of Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. If I at least had those, I would feel complete.

6. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    In terms of physical items, all I have is SA2:B, Sonic Heroes (which doesn't work, disc crashes when trying to load Rail Canyon or a special stage), Shadow, Secret Rings, Colors, Wii version of All-Stars Racing, a 3-inch Tails figure (which is always sitting atop my Pinkie Pie) and a 6-inch Sonic. On my iPod, I had the original Sonic 1 ROM updated to Stealthtax remake, original Sonic 2, both episodes of Sonic 4, and Taxman Sonic CD. My Steam has both episodes of Sonic 4, Adventure DX, Generations, and all the Genesis games (minus Mean Bean Machine).

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Can't be arsed to take a new photo featuring the full set. As such, here's the one I did for the 2011 anniversary:

[​IMG]

There's one there for every year between 1991 and 2010 inclusive. Yes, S&K came out in 2009 on a Virtual Console release. It counts, I don't have Black Knight. =P

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Interestingly, I appear to have nothing beyond 1998. Although I do have Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Gems Collection, I didn't think they'd count.

[​IMG]

I have far too many copies of Sonic 2, if anyone wants a copy then I'll be happy to send one to you.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I feel like everyone had too many copies of Sonic 2. I had two, my neighbor had 2, my best friend had 2. I don't know where we were getting them all from either. They just kinda showed up.

10. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I have two copies of Sonic SPinball :v:

I will take a picture of my collection once I can group them in one place... :specialed:

11. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Well, it took a lot of rummaging around to gather all these up, but here's my collection, unfortunately minus Sonic Adventure International and Sonic Shuffle because I dunno where they've vanished to. This is purely the games, no merchandise or DVDs etc, otherwise we'd be here all day with the amount of shit I have =P Bear in mind this is all my own collection, I've not included Orenge's games as well (I swear I have no idea how we can even move in this house with the amount of games we have between us)...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here are the gems:

[​IMG]
    (...for some reason Photobucket keeps rotating the fucking picture every time I try to upload it x_x)

- Sonic Generations Collector's Edition
    - Sonic Generations, signed by Takashi Iizuka, Jun Senoue and Johnny Gioeli
    - Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, signed by Steve Lycett and Tim Spencer
    - Sonic 10th anniversary pack, signed by Yuji Naka, Takashi Iizuka and Jun Senoue
    - Sonic Adventure, signed by Takashi Iizuka and Jun Senoue
    - Sonic Adventure 2, signed by Jun Senoue
    - Sonic CD, signed by Kazuyuki Hoshino

All the signatures have been obtained at Summer of Sonic over the years, and the games are ones I already owned at the time (I.e. not ones that I bought specifically to get signed). The Sonic 10th anniversary pack in particular is quite special to me, as it took me quite a long time to track one down back in the day. Also, the Sonic CD, which I've had since I was a little kid; to now have it autographed by the designer of one of my favourite Sonic characters is just amazing :)

12. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I don't have them in picture form but I have all of these:

- Sonic 1, 2, 3, S&K, Sonic Spinball (Genesis)
    - Sonic CD, Sonic & Knuckles Collection, Sonic R, Sonic 3D Blast (PC)
    - Sonic Jam, Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic R (Saturn)
    - Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast) (I wish I had shuffle)
    - Sonic Adventure DX, SA2: Battle, Sonic Heroes, Mega Collection, Gems Collection, Riders, Shadow (Gamecube)
    - Sonic Advance, Sonic Advance 2, Sonic Battle (Game Boy Advance)
    - Sonic Colors, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight (Wii)
    - Sonic Rush, Rush Adventure (DS)
    - Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Generations, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic 06 (360)
    - Sonic Generations, Sonic CD (PC via Steam)
    - Sonic Lost World (sort of) (Wii U)

If I had the money I'd probably go and purchase the original JP Sonic carts/boxes and Shuffle.

13. Vangar

Vangar

I have Sonic Unleashed on the 360 as a digital download, along side Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing! I'll stay here :v:

Super jealous of all those signatures! Looks like I need to flesh out more sonic games on the game gear as well.

14. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    I'm pretty sure I have a complete set of gold and platinum releases, four of which are sonic games (2, spinball, 3, and Knuckles). There are reports that Sonic 1 had a gold release, but I've searched high and low and have never seen it. I was around when they used to be on the shelves too and I don't recall it from back then either.

15. Graxer

Graxer

My games are in various different places, so I will just list them. Italics indicate digital downloads:

Sega Mega Drive
    Sonic 1
    Sonic 2
    Sonic 3
    Sonic & Knuckles
    Sonic Spinball
    Sonic 3D

Sega Master System (Played on Game Gear using Master Gear Converter)
    Sonic 1
    Sonic 2
    Sonic Chaos

Game Gear
    Sonic 1
    Sonic 1 (JAP)
    Sonic 2
    Sonic Chaos
    Sonic and Tails (JAP)
    Sonic and Tails 2 (JAP)
    Sonic Labyrinth

Sega Saturn
    Sonic Jam
    Sonic 3D
    Sonic R

Dreamcast
    Sonic Adventure
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2 Trial
    Sonic Adventure 2 (JAP 10th Anniversary)
    Sonic Shuffle

PC
    Sonic & Knuckles Collection
    Sonic & Knuckles Collection (Chinese)
    Sonic CD (Original)
    Sonic CD (Original Chinese)
    Sonic CD (Taxman)
    Sonic 3D Blast
    Sonic 3D Blast (Chinese)
    Sonic R
    Sonic R (Chinese)
    Sonic Adventure DX (Original)
    Sonic Adventure DX (Steam)
    Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Heroes
    Sonic Riders
    Sonic Mega Collection Plus
    Sonic Generations
    Sonic 4 Episode 1
    Sonic 4 Episode 2
    Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing
    Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed

Gamecube
    Sonic Adventure DX
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
    Sonic Heroes
    Shadow the Hedgehog
    Sonic Riders
    Sonic Mega Collection
    Sonic Gems Collection

Wii
    Sonic Unleashed
    Sonic Colours
    Sonic and the Secret Rings
    Sonic and the Black Knight

Wii U
    Sonic Lost World

DS
    Sonic Rush
    Sonic Rush Adventure
    Sonic Chronicles

3DS
    Sonic Generations

Sonic 06
    Sonic Unleashed
    Sonic Generations
    Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
    Sonic & Sega All Stars Tennis
    Sonic 1
    Sonic 2
    Sonic 3
    Sonic & Knuckles
    Sonic CD
    Sonic 4 Episode 1
    Sonic 4 Episode 2
    Sonic Adventure
    Sonic Adventure 2

iOS
    Sonic 1
    Sonic 2
    Sonic 4 Episode 1
    Sonic 4 Episode 2
    Sonic Spinball
    Sonic Jump
    Sonic Dash
    Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing

16. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    [​IMG]

Have since added Sonic Spinball gold collection, Sonic Collection (the Mega Drive one with 1,2 and mean bean), Sonic 1 and 2 on japanese game gear and sonic 2 pal game gear.

These are the only ones that matter...

...but I have these too:

[​IMG]

EDIT: I think I've got Sonic N lying around somewhere too

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    As a fellow owner of Sonic N, this isn't something to be specifically proud of. =P

18. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I might record a video showing mine later...you have great collections guys!

19. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Was there ever an updated sonic game checklist? Or do we have one here on Retro? I remember Sonic Central had a + - lame   checklist back in 2003 or so. It would be nice to see which games we are missing for collections.

20. Sploit

Sploit

I know what games I am missing, its easy enough to make a comprehensive list of known titles using retro's own wiki (contains more accurate and more detailed information than other sources, including official ones - the last official one was missing a fair few to say the least) by collating all the games listed under the seperate console format categories and placing them in one column in notepad or whatever.